Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  My Stuff 4.5

Page 1 of 1
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Aug 2005 Posts: 396 Location: Sandy Heath
On page 21 regarding extended progam info, it mentions that if there are three dots at the end... then you can read the rest by using << >> to scroll the rest of the info? this is not happening unles I have set something wrong, help please.
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
23153927 wrote:
On page 21 regarding extended progam info, it mentions that if there are three dots at the end... then you can read the rest by using << >> to scroll the rest of the info? this is not happening unles I have set something wrong, help please.

Hi there,

I just checked, and this works for me Confused Are you looking at Extended Info in the Guide or N&N? What eit source are you using, I guess it will be Radio Times data as that is the only source long wnough to scroll, is that right?

Oh by the way, before Hyde get's stroppy, can you post all MyStuff 4.5 problems in the future in the MS4.5 thread?

Cheers

CW

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
23153927 wrote:

Hi there,

I just checked, and this works for me Confused Are you looking at Extended Info in the Guide or N&N? What eit source are you using, I guess it will be Radio Times data as that is the only source long wnough to scroll, is that right?

Oh by the way, before Hyde get's stroppy, can you post all MyStuff 4.5 problems in the future in the MS4.5 thread?

Cheers

CW

Before I go any further, I tried to put my problem in the 4.5 thread but I couldn't, I have had this problem before.
Anyway, yes in answer to your question I was in the N&N, I am using eit2mie and I am only looking at the instruction on page 21 of the manual, seems a bit confusing.
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
O.k., well if you are using eit2mei then the maximum amount of characters you can getis 128 (or 256 with descriptionExtender). IIRC this means that you should never see the ... on Extended Info as it's too smaller a number. Are you sure you are not getting confused with the standard Infobox (ie the one in the Now&Next section of the manual)? This shows truncation in the same way but is *not* scrollable with the >> and << keys.

CW

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
O.k., well if you are using eit2mei then the maximum amount of characters you can getis 128 (or 256 with descriptionExtender). IIRC this means that you should never see the ... on Extended Info as it's too smaller a number. Are you sure you are not getting confused with the standard Infobox (ie the one in the Now&Next section of the manual)? This shows truncation in the same way but is *not* scrollable with the >> and << keys.

CW

Thanks, looks like I got confused. So in order to get the full program info what Tap do you recommend?
zanet
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
i just put my stuff on for a week and then its now stopped working
a box came up saying its finished
is there a full version available?

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
The information you get at the moment is the full information that is broadcast from Freeview. The way people get more information than that is utilise and outside source, e.g. electronic guide information made available from the Radio Times. To get this information you need a way of getting it onto the Toppy on a weekly basis. Some people use wireless connections, others of us connect a PC once a week. If you are up for that then have a look at BawBagg's MEI. There is a thread in the Computer Connections forum or have a look at: http://my.opera.com/bawbagg

HTH

Chunkywizard

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
The information you get at the moment is the full information that is broadcast from Freeview. The way people get more information than that is utilise and outside source, e.g. electronic guide information made available from the Radio Times. To get this information you need a way of getting it onto the Toppy on a weekly basis. Some people use wireless connections, others of us connect a PC once a week. If you are up for that then have a look at BawBagg's MEI. There is a thread in the Computer Connections forum or have a look at: http://my.opera.com/bawbagg

HTH

Chunkywizard

Thanks. I'll give that a go.
CD3660
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
zanet:

You need to upgrade to version 4.5 which has just come out. Smile

Autostart TAPs (in load order): MyStuff 5.62a, Quickjump 1.71, eit2mei beta 7.8m3, ImproBox 2.1 RC8a, MeiSearch 1.35, UK Timers 1.2a, and Tap Commander 1.32
zanet
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote
thanks - will do

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2006 Posts: 166 Location: Cumbria, UK
Firstly - Thanks BobD and team. 4.5 is GREAT!!!! Thanks for all your efforts, hair loss and time.

I've left you a little something via Paypal. Wink

Two questions though.

Question 1 (perhaps in the wrong thread - sorry):

chunkywizard wrote:

HTH

Chunkywizard

Do you know if the Freeview bods will ever get thier finger out and transmit fuller info - or is there a tech reason why they cannot? Genre infomation would be a good extra.

Question 2: Will the next version of Mystuff have a series link option like Sky? I know we can set search timers to search for programs, but it would be cool if I could (for example) pressed a button on Lost and it recorded the entire series on that channel.

TAPS: MyStuff 5.62b : MeiSearch_1.35 : Snake 1.3
Transmitter: Winterhill
Model: TF5800PVR - Silver Firmware: 5.12.25 Board Rev: 1.2
Scrib
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2006 Posts: 166 Location: Cumbria, UK
Sorry posted the previous message in this threat by accident. Can someone lock this thread down?

TAPS: MyStuff 5.62b : MeiSearch_1.35 : Snake 1.3
Transmitter: Winterhill
Model: TF5800PVR - Silver Firmware: 5.12.25 Board Rev: 1.2