Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.5

Page 60 of 60
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60
danb77
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml

LOL

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
dusty
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:53 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 187
I have just had my first crash, on mystuff, not sure on how to get everything back up and working, without deleting everything.

scenario, timer set up for ghost whisperer on e4+1 tonight but noticed it had a conflict, with seanta sports timer that also showed ghost whisperer on seanta sports. So deleted timer and an re-set using the slow motion key. Yet again brought up the same. As I dont have a topup tv, removed the seanta sports, After I did this, and tried to use mystuff, it just crashed, and got the old one dot on the display, have re-booted the toppy and disabled all taps, then re-loaded one by one, and mystuff is the culpit just can not get into it at all it just hangs with loading display. Any ideas or do I have to delete everything and start again. Have even gone into altair and deleted the ghost timer.

dusty

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
If you don't have any MyStuff favourites files loaded which includes sentanta sports (which I doubt you would), then try deleting the dat file via Altair and reload.

Also ensure that you don't have any Toppy Favourites lists active in either TV or Radio modes.

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
Toppy-boj
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 Jan 2006 Posts: 252
Poker face last noght did not record.

a CT was set up and I confirmned before going out no clashes etc.

However when I return it did not record, not even a DUFF version.

its a mystery and has not occured before.

dusty
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 187
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
If you don't have any MyStuff favourites files loaded which includes sentanta sports (which I doubt you would), then try deleting the dat file via Altair and reload.

Also ensure that you don't have any Toppy Favourites lists active in either TV or Radio modes.

Thanks for tips, however didnt work, have factory reset, and deleted and started again, alls up and working again now

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I think the new firmware for the 5800 might have introduced a couple of incompatibilities with MyStuff.

Here's a couple I've noticed:

- when playing back recordings, the information bar and roundel appear to loop. i.e. the info bar will appear, then disappear after 10 seconds or so. Then the roundel will appear, but when it disappears the info bar appears again and so on ...

- TopGear was set to record this evening on a CT. It turned on and started to record ok, but the recording stopped half way. No file was saved on the hard drive - i.e. not even a partially recorded one.

I haven't tried to reproduce these symptoms - so not sure if they are just one-off problems or whether they are actual bugs.
chunkywizard
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Andrew,

Do you have Option B2 set to yes? Try no and see if that helps the first problem. As regards the second problem, we have not seen this. MS 4.51 was beta tested with the firmware before release and so we *think* it has very few bugs Very Happy If you can replicate it let us know how you did it and we will fix.

CW

AndrewM
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Do you have Option B2 set to yes? Try no and see if that helps the first problem. As regards the second problem, we have not seen this. MS 4.51 was beta tested with the firmware before release and so we *think* it has very few bugs Very Happy If you can replicate it let us know how you did it and we will fix.

CW

Hi - thanks for the quick response!

The B2 option seems to have fixed the looping info box - thank you!

As for the recordings stopping, I've got a couple of CTs due for the next few days so I'll keep an eye on the recordings and report back. I suspect it could well be something I did rather than a bug.

Thanks for all your help.

Andrew
IanWorthington
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Dec 2005 Posts: 229
A couple of small issues:

1. There's a kiddies program that always starts some 10 mins or so before its allocated time. Apart from padding the recording of *all* programs with 10 mins up front, which seems a bit wasteful, is there anything I can do to restore domestic harmony?

2. Last week it looked like a recording had failed: it didn't show in the programs list. But next time we checked for something else, it was there!

i
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:45 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
I've never seen any program start more than 3 minutes before it's allotted time. What program is this?

In any event, you can apply a different amount of pre-padding from the default in the CT edit screen Very Happy

Oh and Item 2....

Do you have MS running in exclusive mode and use other TAPs or the Toppy Archive to manipulate/view recordings?

If so, either turn Exclusive Mode off (J5), or press zero in the MS Archive to force a refreshed display.

IanWorthington
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Hyde.

Aparrently the program at fault Is "barbar" on Saturday mornings.

I tried adjusting the start pad as you described but it didn't seem to make any difference.
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Can I suggest an upgrade to 4.52 Very Happy

But in the meantime, not sure what you mean by "but it didn't seem to make any difference." The timers created by that CT did have your new pre-padding value "yes/no"?, or was it that even with the new pre-padding value you still missed the start of the program? Or, since I can't find the program in my channel line up, what channel is it on?

IanWorthington
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Hyde. I've upgraded to 4.53.

The program with problems is "Babar" on Sat mornings 8:40 - 9:00 on ITV2.

I've adjusted the start padding to 15 and the timer shows 8:25 - 9:15.

Last week I didn't check the resultant timer after adjusting the start padding: all I know is the start of the recording was lost.

let's see what happens this week.

Do you want me to keep this here or move it to the 453 thread?

ian
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:15 pm Reply with quote
OK, I've set a CT up too, just with my standard padding for next Saturday. Let's see what happens then.

And, yes please, whatever the result lets take that to the 4.53 thread.

I'm going to lock this one now that this last issue is either resolved, or best delt with there.

Thanks.