Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.5

Page 58 of 60
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
rogdog
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Nov 2005 Posts: 569 Location: North Lincs, UK
drose wrote:
I was wondering if it is possible to change the axis for searching through programs / channels on the EPG. By this I mean use up and down to change channel and left and right to scroll through now / next programs instead of the current buttons.

(When you refer to 'EPG' I am assuming you mean the now/next info screen and not the main EPG)

I would also prefer this to the current default and it would then mean that the cursor keys would have the same function as the main EPG.

The downside is that the extended now/next list suits the current default better. This might mean that mystuff would have to have options for both
the normal and extended now/next screens

Quote:

Also is it possible to have the EPG appear simply by presssing left/right or up/down rather than pressing the info button first?

Sounds good to me

drose
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Quite right rogdog, I did mean the now and next box, not the extended EPG. I agree that it should be an option you can choose between as some people will be happy with the current button mapping.
Richard46
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
dennismenace wrote:
i'm having a problem controlling a control timer.
It's a weekly mystuff timer set to record captain scarlet on saturdays.
However, the epg always says that the program starts at 5.30pm and finishes at 6 am the next day - yep - 12 1/2 hrs. As the program is only half an hour long i edited the timer to stop at 6.15pm (so it's only 45 mins long instead of 12 1/2 hours). The timer saves fine - the problem is that after the program has recorded, mystuff appears to edit the timer to be the full 12 1/2 hours again. It's really annoying.
Is there anyway i can stop this from happening to timers that i edit?
Could we not have an additional option in the 'save, delete, create' timers bit to 'permanently save edited' timer setting, or something like that.

Dont think anyone has replied to this so before it gets lost will have a go.

I may have misunderstood but you seem to be trying to turn a control timer into an ordinary timer. i.e. one that comes on and off at a particular time. As I understand it a Control Timer is really a search that then sets timers. It will keep updating to reflect what is in the EPG. Perhaps you should just use a simple weekly timer with set times not a Control Timer.

Better still would be to work out why you are getting such odd EPG info. How is it being collected. What Channel is this; I cannot find Captain Scarlet on next Saturdays EPG actually. If it is on a channel that regularly sends out bad info there is not of course much you can do except set an ordinary manual timer as above.

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
dennismenace
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Apr 2006 Posts: 59 Location: hampshire
Richard46 wrote:
dennismenace wrote:
i'm having a problem controlling a control timer.
It's a weekly mystuff timer set to record captain scarlet on saturdays.
However, the epg always says that the program starts at 5.30pm and finishes at 6 am the next day - yep - 12 1/2 hrs. As the program is only half an hour long i edited the timer to stop at 6.15pm (so it's only 45 mins long instead of 12 1/2 hours). The timer saves fine - the problem is that after the program has recorded, mystuff appears to edit the timer to be the full 12 1/2 hours again. It's really annoying.
Is there anyway i can stop this from happening to timers that i edit?
Could we not have an additional option in the 'save, delete, create' timers bit to 'permanently save edited' timer setting, or something like that.

Dont think anyone has replied to this so before it gets lost will have a go.

I may have misunderstood but you seem to be trying to turn a control timer into an ordinary timer. i.e. one that comes on and off at a particular time. As I understand it a Control Timer is really a search that then sets timers. It will keep updating to reflect what is in the EPG. Perhaps you should just use a simple weekly timer with set times not a Control Timer.

Better still would be to work out why you are getting such odd EPG info. How is it being collected. What Channel is this; I cannot find Captain Scarlet on next Saturdays EPG actually. If it is on a channel that regularly sends out bad info there is not of course much you can do except set an ordinary manual timer as above.

thanks for replying.
i'm not 100% sure but i believe that when i originally set up the timer i did it using the toppy original method (i think that that is the only way to set up a weekly timer) however mystuff still seems to be editing it. Do i need to change the program name to 'EPG' or something do you think?
Richard46
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Well the way I would do it is this; which is probably what you are doing anyway Very Happy go to epg -select prog - press rec. twice - change end time to make it 45 mins - change One Time to weekly - and save timer OK.
Doing this I dont actually think you get the option to change the name. do you or have I missed it?
Anyway I have set a recording doing this; made Rockford Files 10 mins instead of what it is on the EPG; about an hour. Will let you know if the settings get overriden back to what the Epg says.

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
Richard46
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
dennis I think I see what you mean. Set the Rockford Files to just record the first ten minutes but looks like it has automatically adjusted back to end time as per the EPG.
Did same with CH4 Racing. Just checked timers and it has also adjusted end time for full 2 hours or whatever it is.

I suspose it is supposed to work like this and in most cases would be logical; but if the EPG info is wildly wrong then it is a bit of a problem.

I thought that recording from the vanilla EPG does not do this but not certain.*

Looks like the search and update control timer process also effects ordinary one off or weekly timers regardless of the stop times inserted manually.

Have had a look at the menu and this behaviour does not seem to have any options that could be employed.

Richard46
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Richard46 wrote:

I thought that recording from the vanilla EPG does not do this but not certain.*

*Come to think of it I have not used the Toppy EPG to set a timer shorter than the EPG time since before V4.5 so perhaps the behaviour has changed with latest version.

Bawbagg
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:02 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
Richard46 wrote:
Come to think of it I have not used the Toppy EPG to set a timer shorter than the EPG time since before V4.5 so perhaps the behaviour has changed with latest version.
It has.

This is the same code that clears out EPG search timers if they're not called EPG! It was code that was added along with the re-loading of mei files to take into account schedule changes.

99 times from 100 no-one should be bothered about recording more programme than desired - except in the OP's case where there's an EPG error, and he needs to manually truncate it.

There's a thought - and a possible workaround..... call your edited timer EPG Cpt Scarlet (rename it in Toppy UK) and hopefully MS will ignore it's presence.

We have a workaround in the soon to be released 4.51 Wink . (I know I said 4.51 was "soon to be released" a while back.... we're still chasing this same bug... the one that we now know is not in 4.5, and the one that you would probably never find in 4.51..... but we're chasing it anyway..... we're perfectionists).

BB

dennismenace
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 13 Apr 2006 Posts: 59 Location: hampshire
Bawbagg wrote:
Richard46 wrote:
Come to think of it I have not used the Toppy EPG to set a timer shorter than the EPG time since before V4.5 so perhaps the behaviour has changed with latest version.
It has.

This is the same code that clears out EPG search timers if they're not called EPG! It was code that was added along with the re-loading of mei files to take into account schedule changes.

99 times from 100 no-one should be bothered about recording more programme than desired - except in the OP's case where there's an EPG error, and he needs to manually truncate it.

There's a thought - and a possible workaround..... call your edited timer EPG Cpt Scarlet (rename it in Toppy UK) and hopefully MS will ignore it's presence.

We have a workaround in the soon to be released 4.51 Wink . (I know I said 4.51 was "soon to be released" a while back.... we're still chasing this same bug... the one that we now know is not in 4.5, and the one that you would probably never find in 4.51..... but we're chasing it anyway..... we're perfectionists).

BB

Cheers chaps - i'll try the workaround and see what happens.
bellandbottle
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 857 Location: Reading - Crystal Palace
I have just lost two recordings out of MyStuff archive whilst I was watching them. The first one disappeared when the another recording started, and the second one disappeared when the recording finished whilst we were watching it (timeslipped by 10 mins).

Both are in Toppy archive and we watched the second recording to the end after restarting it there. The first is in the archive as 1.4GB, but 0 mins and cannot be restarted.

Never seen this behaviour before in 16 months of usage Crying or Very sad .

Others: HDDinfo V2.0, TAP Commander 1.0.1, UK Timers v1.2, Channel Organiser 2A.
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Ian,

this could be related to mcgCYRResume, I have seen that crash and produce 0Mb files. I guess it kicked in, right?

CW

bellandbottle
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 857 Location: Reading - Crystal Palace
Hi Paul,

Yes, in retrospect, I think you must be right Crying or Very sad . As I understand it, there is no fix for that yet.

Cheers

Others: HDDinfo V2.0, TAP Commander 1.0.1, UK Timers v1.2, Channel Organiser 2A.
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
I have only seen it fail twice IIRC so it's very infrequent and some people have never had it fail. I thought it might be related to load order. They is a thread on the Oz forum on this if you want to try and get some help.

CW

charley
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:23 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
bellandbottle wrote:
The first is in the archive as 1.4GB, but 0 mins and cannot be restarted.
Might recFixer2 help?

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
bellandbottle
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:13 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip - I will give it a go Very Happy .