Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.5

Page 1 of 60
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
BobD
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
The MyStuff Team is happy (and somewhat relieved) to announce that 4.5 is finally available for download from www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk

This new version boasts a new look, a new default skin, and a large set of new features & updates (details of which can be found from the ChangeLogs section of www.bobdsmystuff.co.uk).

To update, just replace your current MyStuff.tap file with the new one downloaded from the site. To try the new default skin, change your skin option from the MyStuff Options screen to "No Skin". You may also want to try out the new FullScreen option. You may also want to take a backup copy of your MyStuff.dat file before you run 4.5 for the first time in case you later feel the need to revert.

The new manual is also available for download, and you can get it from the MyStuff site, directly from http://chunkywizard.sitesled.com/Toppy/MyStuff45Manual.pdf or from the User Contributed Guides section of toppy.org.uk

This version represents a huge amount of work from all the MyStuff Team, who are now off for a well deserved rest, so don't break anything too quickly

Cheers

The MyStuff Team

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
eye of ra
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1018
Got it, thanks very much, off for a play. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
maverick
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:14 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
Thanks Guys.
Mav.

simonc
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5639 Location: Cheltenham
For anyone wanting to build their own MyStuff 4.5 skins, grab the latest version of SkinBuilder.
timw2000
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Aug 2005 Posts: 85 Location: Southsea, UK
simonc wrote:
For anyone wanting to build their own MyStuff 4.5 skins, grab the latest version of SkinBuilder.

Simon, I love this program, any plans to update for new UI?

Tim
timw2000
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
timw2000 wrote:
simonc wrote:

Tim

Hmm, just noticed new version (maybe new UI?), but this crashes on startup? Am I alone in this?
timw2000
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
timw2000 wrote:
simonc wrote:

Tim

This is the output from Visual Studio debugger:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Source\Topfield\trunk\host\Win32\SkinBuilder\Unique.mcf'.
Bawbagg
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
timw2000 wrote:
Hmm, just noticed new version (maybe new UI?), but this crashes on startup? Am I alone in this?
Nope - it crashes for me too.

andrewfee
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:33 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Apr 2006 Posts: 27
Fantastic work, thanks. I'm a fairly new Topfield owner, but it wouldn't be worth having one without it. Very Happy

Great job on updating SkinBuilder too. (I don't suppose there's any chance for a Mac version though? It's a real pain having to use a windows machine via VNC)
simonc
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:36 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5639 Location: Cheltenham
Give it another whirl: I left some test code in. Gotta go to bed soon so you'll need to test it quick!

If you create that directory though, you'll get the skin file I use for generating the screenshots. If anyone wants to provide me with some better screenshots, feel free. I didn't spend very long setting them up, so they are missing some indicator icons. Of course, Bob's added hundreds of the buggers so I don't really stand a chance!

Last edited by simonc on Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Bawbagg
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:37 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
timw2000 wrote:
Additional information: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Source\Topfield\trunk\host\Win32\SkinBuilder\Unique.mcf'.
Ahaaaa

Good spot. Create this folder/file on your machine, and the new version starts. Fortunately we furnished simonc with a proto version of MyStuff 4.5, and the new skinbuilder is revised with the new MyStuff UI.

BB

eye of ra
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:04 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Dec 2005 Posts: 1018
Very very impressed, love all the new options, going to take a while to get through them all and get it the way I like. Off to bed now, will me play properly tomorrow.

A great many thanks to bobD and all the team for a great piece of work, well worth the wait.

EoR.

AccurateBM 0.4 | EITDupFix.
TapLauncher: MeiSearch 1.37 | Media Manager 1.5 | Tap Commander 1.32 | HDFW 2.3a.
Updated:15-05-08
maverick
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:14 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
Is it me, but when I have E4 set to "No", archive still remembers previous list mode. It's late, so I may be wrong.

Looks beautiful,

Mav.

ramagel
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Feb 2006 Posts: 92
Firstly: Thanks VERY much for this latest upgrade!

I tagged 4 files (radio recordings) to move to a folder. They moved OK. I then tagged 5 files (also radio) to move to a different folder. Error message said "cannot move <filenames of first set of 4 tagged files>" (or something similar) and then moved the second set of 5 files OK. The first set of 4 files stayed where they were properly located.

Is this by design, or should the files have been 'untagged' after they ahd been moved?

BTW: because of huge overscan problem on telly I'm using at the moment I can't see the tags, so I can't tell e.g. whether the tags remain after exiting and re-entering MyStuff.

?
timw2000
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:56 am Reply with quote
simonc wrote:
Give it another whirl: I left some test code in. Gotta go to bed soon so you'll need to test it quick!

If you create that directory though, you'll get the skin file I use for generating the screenshots. If anyone wants to provide me with some better screenshots, feel free. I didn't spend very long setting them up, so they are missing some indicator icons. Of course, Bob's added hundreds of the buggers so I don't really stand a chance!

Simon, seems to be working fine now, thanks!

As a suggestion, could you use the timer list view with the lower half showing all the different icons (press list button twice) and their purpose in your timer list screen? That way you have all the icons in one place to customise Smile

Tim