Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  trouble using eit2mei

Page 1 of 1
kenco
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quote
hi, copied eit2mei tap and ini files over to toppy. also copied mystuff over.

i cant understand how to combine to two together to retreive epg data. for example, where to i alter the settings for eit2mei to wake up and scan the channels?

as of this moment mystuff epg has no data at all, and it seems to have taken away my previous data - that was in the default toppy epg guide.

any help appreciated.

thanks
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Kenco,

there is a readme that comes with eit2mei to explain this. IIRC you press Recall (I think that is the default key) and it brings up a dialogue box where you can set scan time etc.

BTW, have you seen there is a new version of MyStuff? Make sure you are using 4.5...

Cheers

CW

Geo
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Nov 2005 Posts: 88 Location: North Devon, Huntshaw Cross Transmitter
Kenco

Firstly, this should go in the EIT2MEI thread or you'll be in trouble with Hyde Shocked

To add to CW's reply:

If you want the old guide until you've sorted your problems out then just press Guide again and you'll get the standard Toppy guide.

As CW said look in the EIT2MEI readme. Read the beginning and make sure you read the Scheduled Scans section. You'll need to create a wakeup timer for the same time as the scan.Long term you'll want a modified ini file. I'll happily send you one if you're interested.

The other thing you need is the MyStuff settings to be set to read Freeview.MEI. This is in CW's guides at http://www.toppy.org.uk/documents/MyStuff403Manual.pdf and http://www.toppy.org.uk/documents/MyStuff45Manual.pdf depending on version.

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
kenco wrote:

as of this moment mystuff epg has no data at all, and it seems to have taken away my previous data - that was in the default toppy epg guide.

Hmmmm make sure you haven't got eit2mei and mei2eit confused......
Wink

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
kenco
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Many thanks for all the replies guys, as of this moment i have taken off both mystuff and eit2mei and my default epg data is slowly retuning again.

when i had the programs on before, even when i went into the default epg guide it was blank.

only had the toppy 12 days and have been trying out lots of taps.........i think im warn out to be honest- too much in such a short space in time Wink

thanks, i will attempt mystuff and eit2mei again later on

ken
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Congratulations on buying a Toppy Very Happy

You'd be better off running the Toppy TAPless for a week or so until you become familiar with how the Toppy works. In that time you can read up on all the great advice given in these forums. Then you can add the TAPs back.

This way you'll know what is going wrong in the future as you'll be able to identify Toppy behaviour against TAP behaviour.

As mentioned already, it's best to post TAP related questions in the appropriate TAP thread.

The reasons for this are posted here:-

http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4287

So you can guess what's coming Wink Yes, I'm gonna lock this thread. Geo knew it was coming Cool

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]