Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  progressbarkeys

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Brava_210
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 328 Location: Bristol
i am running progress bar keys to take advantage of the "playback from start while still recording " feature but the pip button now does something else.is there a fix i can do for this as i love the direct to beginning feature of this TAP

Gary

odvdveer
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Posts: 121 Location: Netherlands
Use the menu (access through exit key) to change the behavouir of the red (pip) button

check manual page:
http://members.westnet.com.au/web/acullen/topfield/keysetup.htm

Olga

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
I think this is one of the other problematic issues with the UK remote.

Our PIP key is not the red key - it's the one immediately above, which is |< on the standard remote (whatever that does...)

Nigel.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I know that Andy is going to do something to the |< and >| keys because they cause a problem with another tap called pipswitch, so you might try and contact him when he is back from his holiday.

Or you could use improbox, that tap will also jump directly to the beginning of the recording

Olga

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2005 Posts: 178
Yes and the new manual still insists that the red button is the PIP button Confused
peejay
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Apart from the PIP problem, does PBK seem to work with the UK model? Because it looks like an absolutely great TAP that does almost everything I need.

Oh, and taking the opportunity of a thread about PBK... it has a function to easily call up a more user-friendly list of scheduled timers. But can you edit the timers from that screen, or only view them? Or do you still have to plough down through the menu structure to find the standard, rather unfriendly timer list if you want to change any of them?

Thanks,

peejay
nwhitfield
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
The playback start and stop menu functions of PBK won't work, because of the difference in our bookmark system.

Those, of course, are some of the most useful things about it for many people, I think. It shouldn't be too hard to do the tweaks, and at the moment, since Andy's on holiday, you can download and play with the TAP without the usual licencsing restrictions.

The more people tinker, the more useful feedback we can give to Andy about how it behaves on the UK model.

Nigel.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quote
It has a screen where you just see the timers due, and it allows you to choose a button that will plow through the menus for you, so you only have to press 1 button. Timerextend will give you more userfriendly information in that timer screen and will sort timers for you.

Olga

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 328 Location: Bristol
jags epg also has a good timerlist function now....

CD3660
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:01 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
Question Question Question

I have the 2nd Firmware update installed and I have just downloaded Progress Bar Keys (PBK) to run with the latest versions of the Bookmark and Jag's EPG taps. Everything was fine before this latest addition but PBK has made things a bit quirky so I have "suspended" it for the time being.

Does anyone know whether it is entirely compatible with this combination

Question Question Question
nwhitfield
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
One of the thing you'd need to turn off in PBK is the stop menu options, since that's the same place that Bookmark hooks in, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if you saw weirdness there are a result of having both running at the same time.

The start functions, I think, won't be much use without the fix for UK bookmarks either. You can probably use some of the extra skipping functions, and the MP3 playback, but the former will be referring onscreen to different keys due to the UK remote.

I would generally advise that combining Bookmark with PBK is not likely to be a good idea, because of that overlap in their functionality.

Nigel.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
Many thanks Nigel - yet again!
tichtich
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 May 2005 Posts: 1389 Location: Eastbourne, UK
ProgressBarKeys looks very useful. Any news of whether and when the bookmark stuff will be modified to work with the UK software?

I'm also having trouble with the key asignments. I know they're different for our remote, but I can't find any way to square them with what's in the manual. Here's what I get (in normal playback):

Red: forward 3 min
Blue: back about 45 secs
Pip: back about 1 min
Text: forward about 1 min

I can't find any keys which jump 10 or 15 secs, as described in the manual.

Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched). Auto Start TAPs: TapCommander 1.0.2, Power Down 0.6, DescriptionExtender 2.2, mei2archive 3.8I3, Automove 1.8, QuickJump 1.54, Improbox 2.1RC8, Jag's EPG 3.0b3 (TV & radio), Media Manager 1.5, MHEG Control A2g, Extend 1.7. PC apps: DGtoTop 1.1. Profile last updated 13/05/2009
tichtich
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 May 2005 Posts: 1389 Location: Eastbourne, UK
I've found that the skip durations are defined in ProgressBarKeys.ini (a file created on the Toppy by the TAP), and can be changed. I'll try out some alternative values. I've turned off the playback start/stop menus until those are fixed to work with the 5800.

Firmware: 5.13.65 (patched). Auto Start TAPs: TapCommander 1.0.2, Power Down 0.6, DescriptionExtender 2.2, mei2archive 3.8I3, Automove 1.8, QuickJump 1.54, Improbox 2.1RC8, Jag's EPG 3.0b3 (TV & radio), Media Manager 1.5, MHEG Control A2g, Extend 1.7. PC apps: DGtoTop 1.1. Profile last updated 13/05/2009
jook
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:33 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 May 2005 Posts: 99
I am thinking of trying this tap out. Can I ask someone to clarify the following. I understand that the bookmark features don't work, but will the "Start playback from the start", and the "delete file" options work as these don't create bookmarks?

Will the "Bookmark 2uk" tap still function OK after I have installed ProgressBarKeys if I do not try and use the ProgressBarKeys bookmark functionality?

Cheers.