Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  2nd New Firmware update with Radio fix!

Page 1 of 1
tubbyj
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:06 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 29 Location: wimbledon
http://www.i-topfield.com/data/product/software/TF5800PVR-MHEG-Topfield-Sys_456-2005May11.zip

1. IRD status
(1) System ID : 456
(2) Loader Version : C1.01
(3) Device Version : v5.2.65
(4) Application Version : TF-NPT 5.11.79
(5) Last Update : May 11 2005

2. Improvements of this version

Now that is quick...
(1) There was no sound in some radio services. It is fixed.
Beancounter
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:12 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Apr 2005 Posts: 163
Very good! I was going through the radio stations last night and noticed this bug. Full credit to Topfield for a speedy fix:)
Stormin
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:39 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 155 Location: Newbury
Amazing, very good support. Hadn't even had a chance to put the first one on yet... Shocked

PhilBamforth
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote
Nice one Topfield, best support out there !
IanP
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 Apr 2005 Posts: 330
They must have their developers working night shifts, they must have a stronger work ethic than me to put up with that Wink

If anybody gets a chance to test the new firmware before this evening, can they see if the radio services still delay starting until the MHEG loads.
Darkmatter
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:24 am Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
Audio is enabled around the same time as the ?Loading? bar appears, so that?s pretty much straight away.
marctwo
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 May 2005 Posts: 33
I haven't had any problems with the old firmware so far. Is it worth doing this upgrade? I'd like to use Jags EPG but don't want to end up with crashes when I don't have any now.
Darkmatter
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 1237
In most cases, users will want to update to this latest firmware. However, there is always a case to be made for sitting back and seeing how others get on with anything new, just in case there?s a problem. In your case ? if you are happy with the old firmware, then I would advise you stick with that for a week, or two.

Obviously the old firmware has a number of bugs/issues, so you?ll have to live with them, but as you say, they never effected you before. The update does have many plus point, so at some point you will be better off making the decision to updated, but I would wait until a better picture emerges.

For reference; the Oz community didn?t find a good reason not to upgrade from their December firmware to their newer, March upgrade. The only major, negative issue they found was with missed timers, and we inherited that problem from the off, with our old firmware.
glesgaguy
Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2005 Posts: 178
In my opinion it is worth upgrading, if you want to run Jag's EPG then it will work much better with the new firmware, also Infobox is a great Tap it makes the Toppy feel much more like a Sky digi box, though you will have to pay a small amount (one off) for permanent use. (you can start it 28 times for free)
CD3660
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
Well, even though I am not very technically minded, only enthusiastic about technology, I have just installed the 2nd firmware update (11.05.05) together with the Bookmark and JAG'S EPG Taps and it is all working brilliantly. It has improved the functionality of the excellent Topfield 5800PVR and made it a must have for the televisually obsessed!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Can anyone explain though why the channel number for Sky News is something like 37 on the Jag's EPG and 42 on the Topfield's?

Confused Confused
IanP
Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 Apr 2005 Posts: 330
I expect JAGs EPG reports the service number not the logical channel number (LCN). There are 5 unused LCNs below Sky News in England (8, 13, 35, 37 and 39) so Sky News is the 37th service. The LCN property was only added to the TAP API in the latest version (1.21) so hasn't been available to TAPs until recently.