Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  eit2mei / MyStuff 4.03 wake timer question.

Page 1 of 1
LesMcQueen
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:49 am Reply with quote
Hi Guys.

I took delivery of my Toppy yesterday and I'm having loads of fun getting familiar with it. Smile The 'official' Toppy manual is being kept in pristine condition in it's little bag, while I use the excellent guides from this site.

I've managed to get eit2mei working as it should and it spits out a fairly well populated Freeview.mei - Jobs a good 'un.

I've managed to get Mystuff working as it should - The Mystuff EPG is being populated from the Freeview.mei file - great!.

I just need a bit of clarification as to the best way to set a wake timer for eit2mei.

I've no problem settind a timer to wake the machine for the duration of the EPG scan, but the last paragraph in section 4.1.1 of the Mystuff manual has me confused.

"Note, you need to name the watch timer you set for eit2mei or Jag?s to scan to something that starts with ?EPG? for MyStuff to recognise it as a Scan timer. If you do this it will be named correctly in the archive."

Does the timer event need to be prepended with 'EPG' so that Mystuff knows to reload the Freeview.mei file?

How do I rename a watch timer?

Hope you can help.
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:54 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
If you post in the eit2mei thread your more likely to get an answer than starting a new thread.
Could a moderator lock this thread Smile

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
LesMcQueen
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Apologies if I've mis-posted Sad , but it's not specifically an eit2mei or MyStuff issue, more of an integration one.

Maybe it would be better posted in the MyStuff thread.....
Ugly--Kid--Joe
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
You need to set a record timer and name it eg EPG scan and save it. Then go back to it and turn the record to off (its then a watch timer) Mystuff will then reconise the name EPG scan. Mystuff trys to work out the correct name for the show, so will name it something different unless you do it that way. Hope this helps.

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote