Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Playback stops when program has finished recording (MyStuff)

Page 1 of 1
SPV4u
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Apr 2006 Posts: 43
Hi All

Only had my Topfield box 3 days and love it much more than SKY+.

The one thing that is driving me nuts though is the following, FYI i am using MyStuuf V4.x as guide and to play the recordings.

When a scheduled recording is underway say 20 mins into the program, I start to watch the program from the beginning and all is fine, then when the program finishes recording for some reason it also stops my playback even though I have 20 mins still to go.

OK it just means pressing archive and restarting the program from where I left off, but does get a bit anoying.

Is the a setting I need on, on my Topfield?

I'm not sure that MyStuff is causing this issue that is why I have created a new topic

Please help

Regards

Mark Shocked
chunkywizard
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Mark,

have you read the FAQs? This is a common question - it's one of the 'features' of the Toppy. Topfield designed it to work as it does but everyone hates it. There is a TAP called mcgCYRResume which will correct the problem.

Have a look in the manual for some more help,

http://chunkywizard.sitesled.com/Toppy/MyStuff403Manual.pdf

Cheers

Chunkywizard

Richard46
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Mark,

have you read the FAQs? This is a common question - it's one of the 'features' of the Toppy. Topfield designed it to work as it does

Hi CW I know this is a frequently given explanation but I remember gerti (whose improbox TAP has a workround for this as you know) explaining on here long ago that this is actually the result of some kind of problem dating from the early (pre 5800) Toppy firmware that is very difficult to remove without a major rewrite. That of course begs the question of why such a mistake was made but I personally doubt anyone ever thought this could possibly be a desirable feature.
Mark; mcgCYRResume which both me and CW use also mitigates the problem to some extent and is a stand alone alternative to the improbox solution.
I have to say this remains my only major reservation about the Toppy (apart from EPG collection but that is totally resolveable with TAPs).
NB I may be wrong but I think I read that the Humax; which shares some software origins with the Toppy; exhibits a similar problem?

Richard

Last edited by Richard46 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
BobD
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
Mark,

As well as mcgCYRResume (or instead of) if you just press SlowMo when the playback stops, then MyStuff will automaticaly resume play from (just before) where it stopped.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:42 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Oh yes, I forgot about that! Note that the key in configurable so (for example) you can use PLAY to do this instead of SLOW,

Cheers

CW

Richard46
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:20 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
chunkywizard wrote:
Oh yes, I forgot about that! Note that the key in configurable so (for example) you can use PLAY to do this instead of SLOW,

Cheers

CW

I use this because it looks logical; But if you use the buffer for time slip/live pause and then pause for knock on door; you get worked up telling some poor freezing kid why you dont want x,y,z, come back and press play. Of course you go back to a previously watched recording and wipe the buffer. Embarassed So you do have to remember to unpause buffered stuff with second pause press not play. Or better avoid using the buffer.

Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote
Hi Richard,

good point, that has caught me out also.

CW