Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Express your thanks to the Topfield engineers

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
matt
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
I'd like to say thank you to all at Topfield for such speedy and quality work on the firmware upgrade.

I'd also like to thank TurboSat and Nigel for making this such a painless process.

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
glesgaguy
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2005 Posts: 178
I'll second that!!

Might be a silly question but do the Topfield engineers read the posts from this forum ?.
If they do, why don't Topfield have a link to it on their website ?
andyw
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Third-ed. Thanks Topfield!
thesaint
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Apr 2005 Posts: 366 Location: Darlington
i'd like to add my thanks to to nigel and the toppy engineers for responding to our requests so promptly. Upgrade went like a dream, now to install some good taps that will hopefully work better now after the update Cool
matt
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
I'd like to mention that you can thank Nigel in another way by donating for the upkeep of this site.

http://www.toppy.org.uk/donate.php

matt

PVR: TF5800, MyStuff recommended firmware, new PSU, 250GB Spinpoint HDD, Zalman ZM-OP1 fan TAPs: QuickJump 1.72, MyStuff 6.4, EPG2MEI 0.96, Extend 1.7, Bookmark 3, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73, SecCache 0.4, EIT Sub 0.6, SDS 1.3, TAP Commander 1.34, Font Manager 1.0d. Others: HDFW 2.3a, Channel Manager 5.1, FastScanGUI, MyInfo TV: Philips 37PFL9603D
Cassy34
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 37 Location: Lytham St Annes
Yes, excellent work from Topfield, Turbosat + Mr Whitfield.

Leaving work early (like now!) and let the fun begin.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 37 Location: Lytham St Annes
matt wrote:
I'd like to mention that you can thank Nigel in another way by donating for the upkeep of this site.

matt

Thanks for the reminder, I've got 6 credit on my old phone that will be heading in that direction. Smile

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 May 2005 Posts: 33
My Toppy has been nothing short of brilliant since I got it a week ago. If it wasn't for this site I'd still be waiting for the Inverto. Thank you to Nigel for an amazing site and thanks to all the people on the site for being to helpful and thanks to Topfield for doing a stellar job!
Brava_210
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 328 Location: Bristol
matt wrote:

matt

Donation is on the way , thanks to nigel and everybody involved on this forum for all their time and expertise......crawly,crawly bum lick !

CeeGee
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Apr 2005 Posts: 390
Ta!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
thesaint
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Apr 2005 Posts: 366 Location: Darlington
How about we all get together and take nigel and the administrators out for a pissup. Cool
nashi
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 37
감사
PurpleOfPants
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 14 Apr 2005 Posts: 50
Indeed, I'm very impressed with the Topfield engineers but, equally, Nigel has enabled the process with this board and his organisation skills.

Might I suggest that any donations are done via PayPal if possible - I don't see why some phone company sitting on its arse should get such a big share of Nigel's credit. Having already done the phone bit I'm off to do the PayPal bit just to make sure Smile
sunstealer
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 325
Done this elsewhere but I want to add my vote of thanks to Topfield. I think it is really something that they managed to produce the update on time and (it would seem) stayed at work late into their night to finish it in time to meet our expectations.

T-H-A-N-K-Y-O-U Topfield!
dthdeeping
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:59 am Reply with quote
I was unsure whether to pay the extra money for the Topfiled but I was eventually persuaded by the fact that CAM slots and a USB port (with TAPs available) meant that the Topfield was much more versatile and upgradable should I not be happy with any features.

Now I discover that the manufacturer's are showing dedicated support (contrast that with Philips who have no current intention of offering upgrades to my Freeview box) and they are assisted by this fantastic website run by a dedicated administrator who seems to be putting in a lot of time answering peoples queries and generally offering support to the whole process of bug fixing and identifying new features for the manufacturer to add. I dread to think how much time Nigel is giving up for this website.

I am, in short, delighted. I'm just off to show my thanks with my mobile phone.