Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.0

Page 65 of 145
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
digital
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
I've just found a control timer that shouldn't have been set: 'The Boat Race 2006' on ITV1 next Sunday, 15:30 - 17:30.

None of my searches include 'boat', 'race' or '2006'.

The programme follows on after 'F1 Grand Prix' on ITV1, 13:05 - 15:30 for which I have two searches: 'F1' and 'Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross', the second of which, I've just discovered, has replicated itself three times (I also noticed that this search had been duplicated earlier in the week and deleted the second copy)!

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
What's the source of your epg data?

eit2mei appears to be causing some issues by hanging onto archive data that was transmitted pre BST change.

MyStuff can see that something was set to record but updates the timer for what is on now.

Do the file names of the intended program match that displayed for the timer name? You'll need to edit such a timer and see what filename it originally selected.

Couple that with dodgy time settings by the ITV companies over the last week and it can all get a little messy Sad

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]
juwlz
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Not sure whether this is an eit2mei issue, or a MyStuff one, but after the change to BST, all our CT timers seemed to be an hour out (we have lookahead set to 7 days).

First of all, we tried putting the Toppy in standby and then switching it back on again (although normally the daily watch timer SHOULD be bringing the Toppy out of standby for all but 30 minutes each day). This made no difference.

In the end, I deleted all of the timers and let MyStuff re-set them all last night, and everything's OK now.

So, how do we prevent the same sort of problem when BST ends?

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
digital
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Jun 2005 Posts: 360
EPG data is from eit2mei but the Freeview.mei was deleted and recreated last Sunday pm ie after the start of BST.

Timers have all been deleted and recreated through MyStuff twice.

The file name for the Boat Race is F1 Grand Prix.

Now noticed that Holiday Showdown is set to record twice on ITV2 on Saturday, both timers set for the same time and both showing ! as they clash with other timers.

Also got all of Sunday morning (after the Grand Prix until 12:30) filled up with various spurious C recordings that just shouldn't be there!

Timers by name shows six 'F1 Grand Prix' timers, ControlTimers by name shows 11 timers for 'F1' and 2 for 'Grand Prix~speedway~athletic~moto~snooker~gym~cross'

Something weird going on!

Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/4/11
moogaloo
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 585 Location: Whitstable, Kent, UK
I am on the brink of ditching Jags and going for my stuff alone using Control Timers instead of the Saved Searches in jags.

But I do have a few gripes

1) In the single channel view (now+next with 16 more events) when I try and go foreward a page at a time quite ofren it moves just one line down or not at all I normally have to press page down about 3 times before it moves down

2) Archive List, Displays entries based on EPG information, but sometimes it picks up the wrong EPG information, is/could there be a way to remove the DUff EPG info, and simply replace with the filename and no epg data?

3) Put some kind of time stamp on the filename, so that if moving between files do not run into the problem of file already exists.

On the whole I am very pleased with my stuff please keep up the good work, much appreciated

Chris
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
moogaloo wrote:
I am on the brink of ditching Jags and going for my stuff alone using Control Timers instead of the Saved Searches in jags.

But I do have a few gripes

1) In the single channel view (now+next with 16 more events) when I try and go foreward a page at a time quite ofren it moves just one line down or not at all I normally have to press page down about 3 times before it moves down
I can't get this to happen. Are you pressing >> ?

moogaloo wrote:
2) Archive List, Displays entries based on EPG information, but sometimes it picks up the wrong EPG information, is/could there be a way to remove the DUff EPG info, and simply replace with the filename and no epg data?
Should finally be fixed in the next release. Very Happy

moogaloo wrote:
3) Put some kind of time stamp on the filename, so that if moving between files do not run into the problem of file already exists.
Latest version already does this when moving recordings to another folder. Confused

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
burundi
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 26
Sorry if this has been covered before, but a search of the relevant keywords turned up over 200 pages of possible matches o.O

When I change channel and Now & Next comes up ( I have set it to come up on channel change ) I can't hop another channel until it goes off again, it is responding to the Pg+ and Pg- keys and showing me what is on next or what was on previously rather than changing channel again, I'd rather not install another TAP to get around this, and I like being able to hop around channels rather than using Now & next to find something interesting to watch.

Is there a way to disable MyStuff from picking up these keys in N&N so that they will still change channel when the N&N box is onscreen?

Aside from this minor annoyance I am finding MyStuff to be a massive improvement over the Toppy Guide.

Cheers
Burundi.
moogaloo
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jul 2005 Posts: 585 Location: Whitstable, Kent, UK
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
moogaloo wrote:

I am pressing one of the colour keys can't remember which one, but one skips a page, the other a day. should I be pressing Fast Foreward >>? I will try this Wink

All the rest of your comments sound great, thank you!
BobD
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
burundi wrote:
I'd rather not install another TAP to get around this

Sorry, you'll need to install RemoteExtender to get this to work as you would like. Its a great TAP that lets other TAPs know the difference between other keys. Once you have installed it you can forget it.

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hey Burundi,

check out the manual at: http://chunkywizard.sitesled.com/Toppy/MyStuff403Manual.pdf

Your question is addressed in FAQ number 2!

Cheers

Chunkywizard

HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote
moogaloo wrote:
HydeTheDarkerSide wrote:
moogaloo wrote:
I am pressing one of the colour keys can't remember which one, but one skips a page, the other a day. should I be pressing Fast Foreward >>? I will try this Wink

All the rest of your comments sound great, thank you!
Yellow will take you forward 24hrs from current position, and Green back again. I still don't get any problems here either Confused

Blue and Yellow only work in the EPG.

What's your source of epg data, and does it extend beyond the point you're jumping to?

burundi
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 26
chunkywizard wrote:
Hey Burundi,

check out the manual at: http://chunkywizard.sitesled.com/Toppy/MyStuff403Manual.pdf

Your question is addressed in FAQ number 2!

Cheers

Chunkywizard

Thanks chunkywizard, I checked the Now & Next section of the manual before I posted, then after I had posted I carried on reading and eventually came to the FAQ. Doh.

Oh well, looks like RemoteExtender it is then.

Cheers
Burundi.
chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Burundi,

I will add it to the N&N section of the next version of the manual,

Cheers

Chunkywizard

YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 807
moogaloo wrote:

I get the same trying to use the '>>' & '<<' keys.

What happens for me is that the first press after a pause moves the whole display one line in the right direction, losing the old top line in the case of '>>'. The next moves it one page and carries on moving by page till I pause again. Then it's back to the same behaviour again.

This seems to happen without fail, except for what I was taking as the usual Toppy quirk of ignoring the odd keypress Confused

Last edited by YorkshireJumbo on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Noiseblocker XR1 fan added Mar '18
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+U+Uu
TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
Sebby
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Site helper Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: London
burundi wrote:
Oh well, looks like RemoteExtender it is then.

Though Remote Extender is strictly a TAP, don't see it as a TAP. There is no configuration whatsoever. Simply install the TAP and forget about it. It just modifies the firmware in memory.