Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.0

Page 3 of 145
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
Wildoat
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 18 Apr 2005 Posts: 532 Location: Diss / Tacolneston Transmitter
charley wrote:
I think I have found a minor bug.

In either of the ControlTimers displays if the timer(s) are deleted but the search is not then the number and C on the right of the display is not removed until one moves out of the ControlTimers displays.

Great TAP got even better thanks.

BobD may well correct me but it is not a bug as such - to ensure that MyStuff does not use resources needlesly it refreshes only when the archive screen is exited or when you press red for a rescan which in your scenario would just re do the timers.

W

Networked via Homeplug: Asus WL-500GX + Olegs firmware 1.9.2.7-7g + ftpd-topfield 0.7.4.
Wildoat
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 18 Apr 2005 Posts: 532 Location: Diss / Tacolneston Transmitter
maverick wrote:
Thanx Guys,

Couple of things,

Is there a way to restrict how many days ahead timers are set? (I have used all the available slots!)

Yes item 22 in config menu - 'number of days ahead to search'

maverick wrote:
Is there a faster way to input time window for Control Timers?

Yes use << or >> keys - you can hold them down and you will move quickley forward or back to suit your needs.

maverick wrote:
May be nice to call up "CT" screen when rec is pressed in archive screen, so, if I had recorded the first episode of a show and, on watching it wanted to record the series, it would make it easier..

Will leave BobD to comment - looks like a feature request to me!!

maverick wrote:
Tried to set a "CT" for "The 4400" on Sky3 both through the epg and manually and it doesn't seem to pick up the episode in the MEI.

Will leave BobD to comment as he wrote the code - but just check that no spaces or other characters have crept in to your search - highlight the contol timer and look at the bottom of the archive screen and just check that programme name is 100% as you expect between the " "

Hope this helps,

W

Networked via Homeplug: Asus WL-500GX + Olegs firmware 1.9.2.7-7g + ftpd-topfield 0.7.4.
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Bawbagg wrote:
leenoble wrote:
Does it handle conjoined programmes like JAGs does. I use JAGs cut method to separate programmes next to each other in the schedule. Despite some saying that sometimes the tuner doesn't kick in quick enough I've never had any trouble with it and prefer to keep programmes separate.
I remember we spent a lot of time on this, but I can't exactly remember what it does. I think Hyde is the best man to answer.
It never conjoins recordings, unless you override the program timer setting, since MyStuff is using the extra data from the MEI files. This data would never be included for the 2nd or greater conjoined program. That's why we leave them as individual files.

MyStuff still adjusts padding automatically for back to back recordings on the same channel, even when set with CT's.

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
maverick wrote:
...Tried to set a "CT" for "The 4400" on Sky3 both through the epg and manually and it doesn't seem to pick up the episode in the MEI...
There is only one more episode of this program scheduled on the 18th February, does your mei file contain epg data on Sky three for that date?

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]
danb77
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
Bawbagg wrote:

Beside the name of each CT, you'll see the number of timers currently set by that CT, you can flick a page left into the timer archive (by name) to see when the timers have been set, pop back into the CT archive (with right), and tweak your CT until your heart's content.

This is neat, but if I am editing a CT lower down in the alphabet, e.g. West Wing, when I press left, I have to scroll right down the page to see the West Wing Timer.

Would it be possible in a future version that left would take you straight into the timers of the highlighted CT? I think this would be useful, especially with C4 programs that are repeated a million times on E4....

My first feature request of 4.0! :-pVery Happy

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
jook
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 May 2005 Posts: 99
Hi, well done for this TAP. It looks great. I played briefly with MyStuff when it first came out but never really stuck with it. My current solution is mainly JAGS and Improbox, but I am looking forward to putting this on tonight and removing those taps altogether.

I do have a few questions about MyStuff.

I like the feature in Improbox when I press stop on a recording it asks me if I want to delete the recording. Is this available in MyStuff, or is it likely to be in a future release?

If I use eit2mei to perform a daily scan, will I still need powermanager to power off, and restart the toppy for MyStuff to read the scanned data, or does it automatically check for this scanned data on the fly.

Is there a reason why a seperate key was chosen for creating control timers, rather than combining it with the timers record button e.g. the record dialog would give an option of either a normal timer, or a control timer? I haven't seen this in use yet so maybe it will become clear when I do, but I'm thinking the slow key feature will never get used by the wife as she'll not remember which key to use.

I see from the manual that it automatically pads timers, and can reduce them for recordings on the same channel. This sounds great. What I am not too sure on what happens with timers on different channels e.g.

BBC1 - a long film from 9pm to 12am,
BBC2, program at 9pm-9:30pm (padding makes recording 8:55-9:35), ITV, program 9:30pm-10:30pm (padding makes recording 9:25-10:05).

Would the BBC2 and ITV timers both record without the BBC2 end padding and the ITV start padding? Or would this just be highlighted as a conflict. This is one of the reasons I don't use padding in JAGS.

Hope someone can answer my questions. Once again, this looks excellent. Well done.
Ang
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:27 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Posts: 125
I guess I got a little over excited yesterday when people were implying that Jag's would no longer be needed with the new version of Mystuff... but it still needs something to gather data - and am I right in saying that the available methods have not changed? I look at eit2mei and it says it relies on mei2archive... so if I want to get rid of Jag's and I don't want to hook up to a PC to get EPG data, I now have to rely on two additional taps?

I know you're supplying some great software here, but the inability to stand on it's own is still a huge downfall for me.
Bawbagg
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:35 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
Ang wrote:
I guess I got a little over excited yesterday when people were implying that Jag's would no longer be needed with the new version of Mystuff... but it still needs something to gather data - and am I right in saying that the available methods have not changed? I look at eit2mei and it says it relies on mei2archive... so if I want to get rid of Jag's and I don't want to hook up to a PC to get EPG data, I now have to rely on two additional taps?

I know you're supplying some great software here, but the inability to stand on it's own is still a huge downfall for me.
Let's answer the easy ones quickly Very Happy.

MyStuff V4.0 will happily use the Freeview.mei file generated by eit2mei. eit2mei does NOT require mei2archive, mei2archive is for something completely different. In fact, if you look at the eit2mei thread, Wildoat even posted his settings. He's been using this independently from Jags as his EPG collection method for some time now.

MyStuff doesn't COMPLETELY stand on it's own (requiring eit2mei), but eit2mei is designed to do nothing other than grab EPG data, and therefore the combination of eit2mei and MyStuff is a GREAT solution. (Jags not required.)

BB

BobD
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
Wildoat wrote:
charley wrote:
I think I have found a minor bug.

In either of the ControlTimers displays if the timer(s) are deleted but the search is not then the number and C on the right of the display is not removed until one moves out of the ControlTimers displays.

Great TAP got even better thanks.

BobD may well correct me but it is not a bug as such - to ensure that MyStuff does not use resources needlesly it refreshes only when the archive screen is exited or when you press red for a rescan which in your scenario would just re do the timers.

W

Sorry Wildoat, but I will Smile If you delete the timer in MyStuff (either from timer archive or EPG etc) then the counts in the CT Archive by name/priority should actually decrease accordingly. How did you delete the timers? This may be a bug that I will have to look into. It might just be a redraw bug, in that if you are in the CT Archive and delete the timers form there, it may get the correct numbers if you just scroll up/down. I will check this out later today.

Last edited by BobD on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:16 am Reply with quote
Wildoat wrote:
maverick wrote:
May be nice to call up "CT" screen when rec is pressed in archive screen, so, if I had recorded the first episode of a show and, on watching it wanted to record the series, it would make it easier..

Will leave BobD to comment - looks like a feature request to me!!

Yeah, I could do that. So from the recordings list, select a recording, press rec and have it create a CT based on that recording? Is that what you mean?

Wildoat wrote:
maverick wrote:
Tried to set a "CT" for "The 4400" on Sky3 both through the epg and manually and it doesn't seem to pick up the episode in the MEI.

Will leave BobD to comment as he wrote the code - but just check that no spaces or other characters have crept in to your search - highlight the contol timer and look at the bottom of the archive screen and just check that programme name is 100% as you expect between the " "

That would be my advice too. But also I note that Hyde has commented further downthe thread. Let me know if you still think there is a problem.

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
BobD
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quote
jook wrote:
I like the feature in Improbox when I press stop on a recording it asks me if I want to delete the recording. Is this available in MyStuff, or is it likely to be in a future release?

Not available now, may be later. But if you press Archive while the file is still playing, it will highlight it in the archive and you can just press white to delete it.

Quote:

If I use eit2mei to perform a daily scan, will I still need powermanager to power off, and restart the toppy for MyStuff to read the scanned data, or does it automatically check for this scanned data on the fly.
Nope, but there is an option (the penultimate one) to reload the EPG data, that you can run whenever you have changed your mei file

Quote:

Is there a reason why a seperate key was chosen for creating control timers, rather than combining it with the timers record button e.g. the record dialog would give an option of either a normal timer, or a control timer? I haven't seen this in use yet so maybe it will become clear when I do, but I'm thinking the slow key feature will never get used by the wife as she'll not remember which key to use.

We have used both. You can press record (to set a timer) then record again to being up the option of creating a CT based on it. Record was left for timer one shot creation, and Slow for CT one shot creation. It just seemed logical to us.

Quote:

I see from the manual that it automatically pads timers, and can reduce them for recordings on the same channel. This sounds great. What I am not too sure on what happens with timers on different channels

Only reduces padding for timers on the same channel, as it is only then that it knows that it will not miss recording the start or end of either of the programs. On different channels it maybe that by changing the padding on timer A to set timer B it will chop off the end of timer A in order to record the ads before timer B. It cant know, and its not fair to expect it to decide for you (cos it will get it wrong in some cases), so it doesnt even try.

Cheers

jook
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 May 2005 Posts: 99
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Thats good to know about pressing the record button twice. Excellent.

With regards to the padding on timers with different channels, wouldn't MyStuff know what the original recording times were supposed to be and then know not to apply the relevant padding on the programs that would conflict? That way it wouldn't get it wrong. I realise this wouldn't work for people who always want padding on their recordings, but for someone like myself who usually has a few evenings where there are back to back recordings on different channels it would be a useful addition. I guess for now I will leave padding off.

A final question - a little OT I think so I hope you don't mind. The manual mentions mcgCYResume for automatically resuming a recording interrupted by live tv. Does this tap do it better/faster than the way Improbox does it? I am thinking of ditching improbox altogether so just want to make sure I am not losing better functionality.

Once again, thanks I can't wait to try this out.
Thanks.
maverick
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
BobD wrote:
Yeah, I could do that. So from the recordings list, select a recording, press rec and have it create a CT based on that recording? Is that what you mean?

That's what I meant!!! Just thought it would add continuity to all the Archive/Timer screens.

BobD wrote:
That would be my advice too. But also I note that Hyde has commented further downthe thread. Let me know if you still think there is a problem.

Can't test this now as I have so many timers I can only search 4 days ahead!!! Maybe someone else could try to replicate.

Mav

maverick
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
BobD wrote:
On different channels it maybe that by changing the padding on timer A to set timer B it will chop off the end of timer A in order to record the ads before timer B. It cant know, and its not fair to expect it to decide for you (cos it will get it wrong in some cases), so it doesnt even try.

Cheers

How about an option to allow this as I would rather have 98% of 2 programmes than 100% of one and 0% of another.

Thanks

Mav

BobD
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:10 pm Reply with quote
jook wrote:
With regards to the padding on timers with different channels, wouldn't MyStuff know what the original recording times were supposed to be and then know not to apply the relevant padding on the programs that would conflict? That way it wouldn't get it wrong. I realise this wouldn't work for people who always want padding on their recordings, but for someone like myself who usually has a few evenings where there are back to back recordings on different channels it would be a useful addition. I guess for now I will leave padding off.

Well, the purpose of padding is to protect against programs startiung early/finishing late. So yes MyStuff knows when they *should* be starting/ending, but if the programs are out, then if it decides which program to remove padding from then it could still miss some programs.

Quote:

A final question - a little OT I think so I hope you don't mind. The manual mentions mcgCYResume for automatically resuming a recording interrupted by live tv. Does this tap do it better/faster than the way Improbox does it? I am thinking of ditching improbox altogether so just want to make sure I am not losing better functionality.

No idea Smile