Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.0

Page 2 of 145
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 143, 144, 145  Next
Iain
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Jan 2006 Posts: 70 Location: Sutton Coldfield
So this does the same series-link-esque thing that Jags does..?

williams
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 25 Apr 2005 Posts: 69
THANK YOU.
Jags gone...... Very Happy
danb77
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
andyrogers wrote:

Now just looking at eit2mei to completly get rid of Jags.

Anyone else doing this now????

Yes! eit2mei was very well timed! Smile

Sadly I can't get rid of JAGs entirely though until MyStuff works in Radio Mode....

ControlTimers seems to work flawlessly so far. Well done guys.

My only niggle so far: Wink

In JAGS when you've set up a timer you can, by pressing OK immediately see what the results of your search are - very useful when tryng to weed out repeats etc.

Is there a way to see the immediate results of a single search in MyStuff 4.0? If it's there I can't find it...

Still, that's a minor quibble, apart from that CTs seem streets ahead of JAGs in terms of usabilty already! Very Happy

Last edited by danb77 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

TAPs: SDS V1.3d; Extend v1.7; TF5000 Display v1.53; QuickJump 1.69; MyStuff 6.0; Tap Launcher 3.10; Font Manager 1.0d; TAP Commander 1.34; WSSkiller V2.12d; Power Manager v1.2; UK Subtitle 1.8; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; MyInfo B4.0; EPG2MEI v0.93e;
Sig generated by MyInfo TAP on 21/9/09
leenoble
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Dec 2005 Posts: 291 Location: Cheshire, UK
Couple of questions or request - I'll be loading it up tomorrow.

Does it handle conjoined programmes like JAGs does. I use JAGs cut method to separate programmes next to each other in the schedule. Despite some saying that sometimes the tuner doesn't kick in quick enough I've never had any trouble with it and prefer to keep programmes separate.

Also I like JAGs ability to add date strings to the end of file names so that every episode has a unique name. Can Mystuff do this or does it just default to -1 -2 etc.? I don't like the -1, -2, -3 method because say I'm watching them back in order and decide to file away the ones I have in a subfolder then the next recording ends up with the original name and then -1 for the next which means when I go to move it into the folder it won't go because it has the same name as a previous file. That doesn't happen with dates which also by default retain their correct order when filing.

EPGrt2mei 1.1 & rtsearcher plugin by me for MS description searching.
Bawbagg
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:14 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 11 Aug 2005 Posts: 1122
danb77 wrote:
My only niggle so far: Wink

In JAGS when you've set up a timer you can, by pressing OK immediately see what the results of your search are - very useful when tryng to weed out repeats etc.

Is there a way to see the immediate results of a single search in MyStuff 4.0? If it's there I can't find it...

danb77 wrote:
Still, that's a minor quibble, apart from that CTs seem streets ahead of JAGs in terms of usabilty already! Very Happy
Ahhhh... you haven't found the best bit Very Happy Very Happy

After creating your CT from the EPG, press white to go to the timer archive, press right a couple of times, and you'll see your list of ControlTimers. There are 2 pages, CTs by name, and CTs by priority.

Beside the name of each CT, you'll see the number of timers currently set by that CT, you can flick a page left into the timer archive (by name) to see when the timers have been set, pop back into the CT archive (with right), and tweak your CT until your heart's content. You can press RED from the CT archive to delete ALL currently set CTs, and then re-search to set them all again with the changes you made. (V. handy when playing with priorities).

I TOLD YOU THERE WERE A LOT OF FEATURES!!!!

BB

Last edited by Bawbagg on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Wildoat
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 18 Apr 2005 Posts: 532 Location: Diss / Tacolneston Transmitter
andyrogers wrote:
I have just got rid of all my Jags searches, for these excellent control timers.

Yes in testing v4.0 I have been using eit2mei (instead of JAGs) as a backup to a manual MEI file transfer for when Im away - works very well considering the poor EPG data that you get from ITV/C4/C5 etc. (Have a long scan time on those channels!!).

W

Networked via Homeplug: Asus WL-500GX + Olegs firmware 1.9.2.7-7g + ftpd-topfield 0.7.4.
Bawbagg
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote
leenoble wrote:
Does it handle conjoined programmes like JAGs does. I use JAGs cut method to separate programmes next to each other in the schedule. Despite some saying that sometimes the tuner doesn't kick in quick enough I've never had any trouble with it and prefer to keep programmes separate.
I remember we spent a lot of time on this, but I can't exactly remember what it does. I think Hyde is the best man to answer.

leenoble wrote:
Also I like JAGs ability to add date strings to the end of file names so that every episode has a unique name. Can Mystuff do this or does it just default to -1 -2 etc.? I don't like the -1, -2, -3 method because say I'm watching them back in order and decide to file away the ones I have in a subfolder then the next recording ends up with the original name and then -1 for the next which means when I go to move it into the folder it won't go because it has the same name as a previous file. That doesn't happen with dates which also by default retain their correct order when filing.
MyStuff only tags a date stamp on the end of a file when the target folder has already got a file with the same name in it. You should always be able to move any number of files with (apparently) the same name into a folder. It will rename them for you, and hide the extra names from you - as long as you use the MyStuff archive. MyStuff archive will also keep them in the correct order.

BB

delboyuk
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
Wildoat wrote:
andyrogers wrote:
I have just got rid of all my Jags searches, for these excellent control timers.

Yes in testing v4.0 I have been using eit2mei (instead of JAGs) as a backup to a manual MEI file transfer for when Im away - works very well considering the poor EPG data that you get from ITV/C4/C5 etc. (Have a long scan time on those channels!!).

W

And thats exactly what i will be doing first thing tomorrow. I cannot do anything this evening as this is the busiest day of the week for my Toppy (typical Rolling Eyes ).

Having read the manual, this finally looks like the killer TAP...

A very big WELL DONE to Bob & his test team...

Del

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]
Sebby
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote
Site helper Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: London
I have to echo Del's comments. This TAP has revolutionised the Toppy. It really is "the killer TAP" as it does everything! Brilliant. Cool

Bawbagg
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quote
If anyone wants to try out MyStuff without wanting to have to build an MEI or tinker with their Jags settings, then they can download an MEI from my site. The link for the file is http://my.opera.com/Bawbagg/homes/blog/MyStuff.zip.

Upload this to /ProgramFiles/ and MyStuff should pick it up from there (you may need to adjust one of the options - can't remember which one, but it's in the high 30s) to tell MyStuff to use the MEI.

Warning - this MEI is configured for my region (Scottish), so chances are your EPG data will be slightly off for channels 1, 2 and 3. However, it should be more than enough to give you a taste of things, and if you want to go ahead and set up an MEI process for yourself Very Happy.

Enjoy.

BB

karljinx
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:35 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 29 Nov 2005 Posts: 33 Location: Cardiff, UK
Thanks to all of you for getting this released, it's awesome Smile

Just been wondering, do the CTs search only program titles, or do they search descriptions too?

Karl
Bawbagg
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:40 am Reply with quote
karljinx wrote:
Just been wondering, do the CTs search only program titles, or do they search descriptions too?
Only titles.

We tried with descriptions, but because MyStuff CTs remember which CT set the timer (so we can remove all timers set by a CT, and unlike Jags which has no association), it was too big a job to complete. We may come back to it, for a future version.

BB

charley
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
I think I have found a minor bug.

In either of the ControlTimers displays if the timer(s) are deleted but the search is not then the number and C on the right of the display is not removed until one moves out of the ControlTimers displays.

Great TAP got even better thanks.

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
simonc
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:22 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5642 Location: Cheltenham
SkinBuilder has been updated to write MyStuff 4.0 skins.

http://simonc.sitesled.com/SkinBuilder.zip
maverick
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:04 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
Thanx Guys,

Couple of things,

Is there a way to restrict how many days ahead timers are set? (I have used all the available slots!)

Is there a faster way to input time window for Control Timers?

May be nice to call up "CT" screen when rec is pressed in archive screen, so, if I had recorded the first episode of a show and, on watching it wanted to record the series, it would make it easier.

Tried to set a "CT" for "The 4400" on Sky3 both through the epg and manually and it doesn't seem to pick up the episode in the MEI.

Great release!! Thanks for the extra folder support (locked and same name). Works a treat.

Mav.