Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 4.0

Page 1 of 145
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
BobD
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:13 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
Version 4.0 of MyStuff is (finally) available for download.

This version is the result of a phenomenal amount of work by the Team (Me, Bawbagg, Hyde, Mark_B, Wildoat & newcomer ChunkyWizard) and I would like to thank the guys for all the (vast amount of) time they have dedicated to producing this next step up in MyStuff functionality. As a result of their extensive testing, and the fixes we have made to existing and new bugs, we believe this to be the most stable and polished release yet. I literally could not (and would not) have produced this without them!

4.0 offers ControlTimers, a way of setting search words that MyStuff will then use to trawl through the EPG data to set timers for you. These CTs can be set from scratch, by one button press from the EPG/Now&Next, or by editing an existing timer.

In addition to setting these timers, MyStuff will also show you the time and dates of those timers that it was unable to set (due to clashes with existing timers, or exceeding the overall Toppy limit of 70 timers), let you change the priorities of your CTs (so you can determine which one will win in the event of a clash) and tweak your CT settings (to avoid recording repeats at 2am for instance)

There are two new archive timer screens, ControlTimers by Name and ControlTimers by Priority.

In the EPG/Now & Next & Timer Archive, timers set by a ControlTimer are flagged with a 'C', timers that could not be set are flagged by a '!'. Record timers are Red, watch timers are Blue.

Also included in 4.0:

1) Automatically append a date suffix to a filename if moving it to a folder already containing a file with the same name
2) Use other EPG harvesters, (such as eit2mei) which can output a standard format mei file with the file name Freeview.mei.
3) Display the production date (if available), on EPG/Now & Next/Extended Info.
4) Display the episode name in the Archive view if available
5) Support for moving locked files.
6) New Skin Elements:

FooterForeground = text colour to use in description part of Archive and EPG legend
FooterBackground = back colour to use in description part of Archive and EPG legend
TitleForeground2 = text colour to use in title bar on Now & Next/EPG to show channel name

7) Change in EPG key functionality. STOP in EPG stops a recording programme, and RECORD opens the timer edit window.

A full manual for 4.0 is available (thanks again to the guys, and especially ChunkyWizard) which will help you find out about, and get up and running with, the new features.

Links to the new version, a new skin (thanks Mav) and the manual can all be downloaded from http://my.opera.com/BobD

Cheers

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
Hutchy
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 25
went to download (v excited) - got a 404 error?

have I gone off too early? (too coin a phrase) Embarassed

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Hutchy wrote:
went to download (v excited) - got a 404 error?

have I gone off too early? (too coin a phrase) Embarassed

Blimey, that was fast! Try again now Smile

Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
delboyuk
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2005 Posts: 568 Location: Winchester Transmitter: Rowridge
BobD wrote:
Version 4.0 of MyStuff is (finally) available for download.

Links to the new version, a new skin (thanks Mav) and the manual can all be downloaded from http://my.opera.com/BobD

Cheers

Bob... am i too quick, i am getting a '404' not found error from the download link on your website.

"The requested URL /BobD/homes/files/MyStuff40.zip was not found on this server."

Del Crying or Very sad

STOP PRESS.... Working now Razz

Last edited by delboyuk on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

HD PVR: Humax HDR-FoxT2
[Profile last updated 09Jan2012]
andyrogers
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
GOT IT Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Iain
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Jan 2006 Posts: 70 Location: Sutton Coldfield
Only installed 3.14 this evening!
I'll give this a go later. Smile

nwhitfield
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
The manual for version 4 is now available from the Guides section of the site, available from the menus at the top of the forum page.

Nigel.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Nov 2005 Posts: 763
Thanks Bob, This is great!

Can I have a prize for finding the first bug?Wink Sad

Edit: Bug removed! It was my own mistake - I was thinking today was Wednesday!!! Rolling Eyes
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Today is Tuesday Wink

[edit]A feature for 4.1 perhaps Laughing

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]
Sebby
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Site helper Joined: 16 Jul 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: London
Yay, it's here! I can't wait to test out this new ControlTimers feature!

Richard46
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 1586 Location: Forest Gate East London
Looks really great; Many thanks to BobD & Bawbagg, Hyde, Mark_B, Wildoat and CW.

As soon as I have tomorrows work out of the way I will be playing with this. I have a feeling that work will take less time than I was expecting Wink .
I expect my sig will look substantially different by tomorrow evening.
Richard

TF5800 Silver;5.13.40 TF5800 Black; 5.12.88 TAPs: MYStuff /OneList v2; DeadBeefs TF5000 Display v1.42; Remote Extender 1.5; Description Extender 2.1; mcgCYRResume V1;MforR3NST; +on one Toppy DumbWidescreenTV2.31EPG info: eit2mei b7.7 beta Taps not auto:TAPCommander; RadioDelete Remotes: Harmony 655 & 885 TX: Crystal Palace
andyh
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 17 Jun 2005 Posts: 53 Location: Aberdeenshire
Looks good Very Happy
One thing I noticed - I tried to set a control timer by using an item from the recent past in the EPG to get the name - either N+N or grid and rather than the program name I got _A_. Doesn't happen on current or future programs

I haven't read the manual in detail obviously Shocked so apologies if that's supposed to happen/expected

Thanks for all your efforts

Last edited by andyh on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

GMetcalf
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Posts: 76
Wooohoo - Cheers Laughing
BobD
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote
andyh wrote:
One thing I noticed - I tried to set a control timer by using an item from the recent past in the EPG to get the name - either N+N or grid and rather than the program name I got _A_. Doesn't happen on current or future programs

I haven't read the manual in detail obviously Shocked so apologies if that's supposed to happen.

Thanks for all your efforts

Smile Ah well, you're confusing it. If you do this, by pressing Rec on the item and then pressing rec again (which is what I am assuming you are doing) then MyStuff will create a timer for the event (because of the first press) and then ccreate a CT based on that timer. However, since it cant actually create a timer for an event that has finished, it then treats this as creating a CT from scratch, and so provides a starting name for you to edit of _A_

So, it sort of a bug, but one thats been there for a while, that MyStuff will let you try to create a timer for an elapsed event.

However, just press Slow on the item you want, and that will create a CT for you, with no edit box. Just one press and you are done. You can then press Slow again to edit it.

andyrogers
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
I have just got rid of all my Jags searches, for these excellent control timers.

Now just looking at eit2mei to completly get rid of Jags.

Anyone else doing this now????