Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Uploading MEI files?

Page 1 of 1
wintersf
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 Aug 2005 Posts: 63 Location: Sauchie, Stirling
What method are people using to upload their MEI files to the toppy? At present I have my toppy connected via an NSLU2 and upload TAPs etc (from multiple PCs) via windows based ftp GUI and ftpd-topfield (NSLU2 running debian). I have never tried scripting ftp uploads and was wondering the best way to do it or if puppy can be used in parallel with ftpd?
At the minute I am creating mei files using MyStuff_Extended_Info on a PC but longer term I want to automate this either on my PC or slug.
I want to leave ftpd-topfield running as I like being able to upload new TAPs from any PC using ftp GUI. Will puppy allow access to Toppy while ftps-topfield is running?

Any help or suggestions on best way to achieve the upload of MEI files will be greatly appreciated.
DX
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2005 Posts: 2694
I'm running both ftpd-topfield and rt2mei/puppy on my asus without any problems.

I'm not sure what would happen if I tried an ftp transfer at the same time rt2mei was doing a puppy transfer but as I use cron to run rt2mei in the early hours I've never encountered that situation.
wintersf
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I guess that this is maybe the easiest way to go then. I did not know if the ftpd-topfield prog would hold the usb device open preventing anything else from accessing it. I guess it does not so I will try using puppy once I have the auto generation of the MEI file configured.

Thanks
wooders
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 428 Location: The National Forest
wintersf wrote:
Any help or suggestions on best way to achieve the upload of MEI files will be greatly appreciated.

Everything you need to get your slug to grab EPG data and transfer it to your Toppy is here.

HTH

Wooders

Let rt2mei 1.1a feed your Toppy with EPG data from the Radio Times website.
Download rt2mei from http://www.wooders.co.uk/rt2mei
wintersf
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Now got the MEI file being created on my NSLU2 and downloading to the toppy via puppy. As suggested this works even if you also have ftpd-topfield running at the same time (think it would fail if you were using ftp at the time of puppy).
Have still to add the script into my cron jobs but hopefully that should be straight forward.

Thanks to wooders for the php scripts and shell script. This makes it so much easier to get the listings. One thing I did have to change was changing 'return 0' to 'exit 0' in the script but that must be down to me using Debian on the slug rather than the default unslung.
wooders
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Aug 2005 Posts: 428 Location: The National Forest
wintersf wrote:
One thing I did have to change was changing 'return 0' to 'exit 0' in the script but that must be down to me using Debian on the slug rather than the default unslung.

I shall have to check whether I can use this in unslung too. If so then I will change it. I am currently working on the shell script to make it a bit more bullet-proof.

Let rt2mei 1.1a feed your Toppy with EPG data from the Radio Times website.
Download rt2mei from http://www.wooders.co.uk/rt2mei