<  MyStuff  ~  MeiSearch - Genre and Keyword Search TAP

Page 3 of 68
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
rwg
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote
TAP author Joined: 29 Oct 2005 Posts: 604 Location: Oxfordshire
Mav,

[edit]
I've put together a new site for the downloads.
[/edit]

Download from
http://rwg.sitesled.com/MeiSearch_003.tap

You can also read the help/release notes at
http://rwg.sitesled.com

Robin

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Posts: 602 Location: Tunbridge Wells
Thanks Robin, thats got it.

Film ratings seem fine.

Tried the Split film function on CON-AIR (BBC1 Sunday). Timer set as predicted for Part1, News, Part2.

Mav

chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Robin,

nice, very nice indeed. This will stop we having to read RadioTimes.com to work out what films to record Very Happy

BTW, I tried 0.03 and seems fine to me, so that emulator must be doing a good job Razz

I like the ToDo list also, all of my comments are covered by that.

One last thing, I thought Bob was looking into something like this, or is this what Bob was hinting about? If you haven;t tied up with him you should to prevent duplication of effort.

If would be great if he could share his layout, skinning code etc. with you so it looks like the same programme.

Thanks Again

Chunkywizard

Hutchy
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 25
Hi all

Loaded vers 0.03 - seems to load EPG data ok but when returning results from a search I get 6 or so "cascaded" (to use windows words) versions of the same result.

Then I have to press exit a couple of times to get rid of bits of display when exiting.

Any ideas anyone?

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
I had this with 0.01. Not had it with 0.02.
Hutchy
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 25
...and now its crashing after loading EPG... Crying or Very sad

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Aug 2005 Posts: 310
further investigations:

I tried the 003 version and still have the crash when I try to look at the film genre all else seems ok.

Itried using the original favourites list in myStuff (ie all channels and LCN in order) but I have deleted the top up and shopping channels.

Could this be the problem?

The other thing I thought of was I was displaying an F for film genre in the mystuff epg so I turned that off but that didn't do the trick either.

I use mei with auto tfcopy every day for 36 channels and 14 days

I'm not sure what else to try.

The crashhappens when I try to look at programmes withing the film genre, it eith crashes totally to single dot on display followed by the usual recovery and file verifying or it flashes up a brief message I think saying "searching for programmes" but it was too quick to read then no key presses of any kind work...

help!

shall I pm you my mei file?

dedics
CD3660
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Apr 2005 Posts: 344 Location: Cheshire, UK
rwg wrote:
CD3660 wrote:
Robin - Just a quick query:

I set a number of timers using the latest version of your Tap and noticed that longer names are truncated when viewed on a timer list such as UK Timers.

Is there any solution to this or is it unavoidable? Question

I've never used UK Timers, so I don't know offhand. The API allows you to specify up to 100 characters for the filename to be used for a recording, so I just use the title up to a max of 100 chars. How do the reservations show up in the timer list in MyStuff? Do they show the same problem there.
Robin

Robin, I have just checked timers on MyStuff and none of the programme titles are truncated. Only happens with UK Timers.
rwg
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
dedics wrote:
further investigations:

The crashhappens when I try to look at programmes withing the film genre, it eith crashes totally to single dot on display followed by the usual recovery and file verifying or it flashes up a brief message I think saying "searching for programmes" but it was too quick to read then no key presses of any kind work...

help!

I think I know what is causing the crash in films, but it's proving hard to pin down exactly - it's to do with wrapping the text of the description onto 4 lines and sometimes the splitting seems to lead to memory corruption and a crash. Please save the mei file, but don't worry about sending it yet - I will ask if I get no further with my current line of investigations.

Might not have much time to program this weekend, so please be patient!

Robin

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I think I've got it fixed in 0.04 - give it a try.

http://rwg.sitesled.com/

signing off for now.

Robin

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Posts: 448
Having pressed 'record' on a program to set a timer, is there a way to deactivate it (2nd press of record would be good)? At present a dialog box comes up saying that the recording is already set, along with two 'OK' buttons! Both buttons simply cancel the box and leave the timer intact.
mikatt
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:51 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 102 Location: Hampshire UK
Hi Robin tried 04 but still problems with Films out of 5 tries 4 crashed .

Mike
dedics
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Aug 2005 Posts: 310
yep still having problems.

The menu button when pressed twice now toggles between genre screen and options, and you can't access the toppy menu atall without stopping the tap. If you press ok in the options thing to exit the tap it doesn't do it so you've got to re-boot to stop it.

I can confirm the truncation of the record timer names in uktimers1.2 the debug line also says bad5 whatever that means.

It has set the timer correctly though.

The double ok when you can't set a record button still isn't working right, I clicked on one of the ok buttons and it set the timer anyway.

Also could you either increase the box size on the left hand edge to allow the channel name to be fully displayed, or use short channel names like in deadbeef's display tap C4 for channel 4? (he has a set of easily recognised and fairly standard short text names)

Another feature request:

could you sort it so that the info button displays the info text if it runs off the end of the display box? (like in myStuff now and Next)

I kept trying to do this when I wanted to see more of the description.

oh and hubby reckons you should use list as the display key

I think this will be a great tap for people especially where you can sort through the episodes and avoid recording the same thing twice.

Keep up the good work though.

dedics
rwg
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Dedics, Mike

thanks for keeping trying the new versions while I work on cracking these bugs. I've put up version 0.05, which may help. I can't quite work out why the films keep crashing but the episodes don't - the display is done via almost identical code.

If it still crashes, try creating an empty file called 'meisearch_logtoscreen' in the same folder as the TAP, then re-starting it. Logging messages will appear on the screen and the last few that appear before the crash might tell me where it is breaking.

Robin

Download from

http://rwg.sitesled.com

Changes 0.04->0.05

Temporarily remove info display from bottom of films page to see if this fixes the crash.

Add info page (press info from films or episodes) to get full info - a bit ugly at the moment.

Add ability to alter activation key - menu, white, recall, list (experimental, particularly the 'info' key - not sure I have the right codes).

Display on-screen logging by putting file called exactly 'meisearch_logtoscreen' in same folder as tap.

Add the ability to remove a timer by pressing 'record' on a program that already has a timer.

Widened the channel display box a bit (will use short names later)

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 17 Nov 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Guildford Crystal Palace Transmitter
Hi...

Just wanted to say.....this is an inspired TAP
I can easily see that this will quickly become indispensible on my Toppy!

well done indeed.
Looking foward to trying ver 0.5 tonight and the code maturing even more.....

Toppy: TF5800PVR BP (Replaced Mainboard); Firmware: Mystuff 6 recomended; Ecogreen 1Tb HDD
Autostart TAPs: EPGnavigator, My Stuff 6 and MEI, Deadbeefs Display Tap;