Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Freeview, TopUp and TV  ~  Bad picture quality

Page 1 of 1
Cosi Ryde
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone been having really bad drop out and awful picture quality since the retune? I know people have been having trouble with channel 5 but has anyone had trouble with other channels. I couldn't even get channel 5 it was just a black screen. I have contacted freeview and they say there is no problem with the transmitter but it was so bad yesterday couldn't watch anything its just as bad today.
ryclark
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Posts: 1604 Location: Shropshire
What transmitter are you using and how far away are you? Has your Toppy tried to tune into two different transmitters? What signal strength do you get for each channel?

?
Cosi Ryde
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Hi sorry not replied sooner, we are on the Dover transmitter which is 19 miles away, I have checked with Freeview and they say they are working on the analogue signal but this is not affecting the digital signal.

All this week apart from Wednesday the signal has been terrilble. Was ok last night but couldn't watch any of the BBC channels.

I have rescanned and factory reset several times, keep getting channel 1000 but this seems to make no difference. We downloaded the fastscan as earlier in the year we got of french channels when rescanned. At the moment we can't get ITV4, film 4 or any music channels.

Not sure what to do now. I might just call a TV engineer.
chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Do you have only 1 channel in the 1000s or more than that? Can you delete channel 1000 and 27 and the run MyInfo and post the log?

CW