Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Freeview, TopUp and TV  ~  Lost the EPG on some of your channels?

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
0nezer0
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 08 Jan 2006 Posts: 45
nwhitfield wrote:
To allow for channel moves, you may need to delete the old ITV news channel manually, and the old BBC Parliament entries, before rescanning.

Sorted! Thanks Nigel.

No improvement on the EPG front, unfortunately.
Now & Next data only today for Mux2 and MuxA.
jxm28788
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Jun 2005 Posts: 25
My toppy has been working fine for well over a year, but now my EPG is mostly blank - there are only 1 or 2 listings per channel and it's been like that for over a week. It seems to be on all channels.

Is that likely to be this problem or something else? Is anyone else having problems?
dvdboy
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 27 Sep 2005 Posts: 28
jxm28788 wrote:
My toppy has been working fine for well over a year, but now my EPG is mostly blank - there are only 1 or 2 listings per channel and it's been like that for over a week. It seems to be on all channels.

Is that likely to be this problem or something else? Is anyone else having problems?

I've got exactly the same problem across all channels Crying or Very sad

Sent an email to the duty office at ITV which in the past has fixed things - they've requested more information with regards to my postcode etc, and they've reccomended that I turn off the freeview box, and then rescan the channels to see if that helps.

Perhaps on a related note I've noticed the front display clock is 10 mins faster than the setting on the Toppy's menu + I don't get the REC notification on my front display any more - any ideas what the deal with that is???
nwhitfield
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9577
Yes; if the front panel clock remains on display, and you don't get other indications, then you need to unplug the Toppy for a minute or so, which will fix it.

Nigel.

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 15 Jun 2005 Posts: 25
Not sure if this is related but over the same period I've had 3 or 4 programs record without sound. I had this problem before when I upgraded the firmware, but the problem went away when I downgraded again (see thread elsewhere).

SInce downgrading the problem still occurs once in a blue moon, but 3-4 over such a short time is very suspicious when linked with this EPG problem...

E4 and ch5 are the one where I lost the sound - any connection?
grahama
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote
Hi. Hve recently aquired my Toppy, and am find that the epg doesnt give me more than about 2 days forward scheduling. This is very poor compared to my (rubbish otherwise) Digifusion machine, which gave 2 weeks! Am I doing something wrong, or is this all I can expect?

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:24 am Reply with quote
Which firmware version do you have?

EPG population is much improved in the latest version.

http://www.toppy.org.uk/downloads/firmware.php explains how to find out what you have, and has links to the new update.

Nigel.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Hi Nigel.. Thanks for your note.

I only bought the thing yesterday, but on installing it did a search for any software updates over the air, and it responded that there were none.

Any thoughts?

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Yes; read the instructions on the page to see what firmware version you have.

If it's not the latest one, download it from this site and install it according to the guide.

Updates are only broadcast only the air from time to time, not continuously. There is no OTA update scheduled at the moment.

Nigel.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Hi.

Have just downloaded and installed latest software,Bastille Day. Quite nerve wracking in itself!!

Has improved things, ie doesnt change chanel of preview window, but I have to say there are still a large number of big gaps in the epg.

Also in the guidelines for the software install it said that I would lose my timed recordings, this has not happened. Neither has it wiped my favs.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quote
It only does that if you do a factory reset.

Nigel.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 4818
grahama wrote:
Hi.

Have just downloaded and installed latest software,Bastille Day. Quite nerve wracking in itself!!

Has improved things, ie doesnt change chanel of preview window, but I have to say there are still a large number of big gaps in the epg.

Also in the guidelines for the software install it said that I would lose my timed recordings, this has not happened. Neither has it wiped my favs.

nerve wracking? Rolling Eyes

there are gaps in the EPG anyway at the mo - (well at least in my area winterhill for the past week)
It's not the toppys fault if there is no incoming data
Steve_48
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
Confirm also in Belton of gappy EPG data, it's a right PITA

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3
grahama
Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:38 pm Reply with quote
thanks guys.

nervy for a complete nontechy

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Posts: 260 Location: Willerby, East Yorkshire
Something wield this morning; looked in JAG's EPG and all data was corrupt. Deleted the cache, switched off and on, then repopulated and all was ok.

I read somewhere that a combo of JAG v3 and DE 1.4 was the likely culprit, but as I'm using DE 1.5 this ought not to happen...

Any one else?

AutoStart TAPs: MyStuff v6.3 | eit2mei BETA 7.8m3 | TF5000 (LCD) Display TAP 1.51a | TSR Commander 1.5 | PowerManager v2.0 | TapCommander 1.31 Beta 6 | SuperPiP 1.1a | AccurateBM | RecordingFixer
Toys: Samsung 37" HD Freeview, Sony HT-SS500 Amplifier + 5.1 Speakers, Netgear Router, BuffaloNAS 4Tb, Xbox, Wii, PS3