Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  JAG/MyStuff

Page 1 of 1
onebonus
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Hi Everyone - I've just got my first toppy after reading through these forums and those on digitalspy - and so far I am absolutely delighted! Thanks to everyone on these forums - in the first few days of deciding on TAPs, setting everything up etc - you have been invaluable!

At the moment I'm using: JAGs EPG/JAGs EPG (Radio Only) along with MyStuff, have just about got all the buttons set up the way I want them and am really impressed with the automatic timer by search word facility - what a lifesaver!

Just a couple of small questions - I've tried a search on these but haven't managed to come up with anything:

1/ JAGs EPG is exporting to MyStuff perfectly on TV - but I have a problem with Radio. JAGs EPG gets hold of the radio epg data fine ( I am aware that it doesn't buffer radio epg) but MyStuff gets very confused, showing TV EPG data on the radio channels! Also - surfing back and forth between stations on MyStuff Now & Next won't work in Radio mode. I get gobbledegook characters in the Now&Next bar if i bring it up and press "<" or ">" cursor.

2/ Is there any way to stop MyStuff from using the CH+ and CH- to scroll between now and next information (-1,-2,-3, +1,+2 etc) when the channel info box is up? I'd like to still use CH+ and CH- to flick between channels instantly, without having to wait for the info box to disappear. But I don't want to disable the info box altogether.

Anyone have any experience of the above?

Many thanks
Matt
BobD
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
onebonus wrote:
1/ JAGs EPG is exporting to MyStuff perfectly on TV - but I have a problem with Radio. JAGs EPG gets hold of the radio epg data fine ( I am aware that it doesn't buffer radio epg) but MyStuff gets very confused, showing TV EPG data on the radio channels! Also - surfing back and forth between stations on MyStuff Now & Next won't work in Radio mode. I get gobbledegook characters in the Now&Next bar if i bring it up and press "<" or ">" cursor.

MyStuff does not work well with radio at all! I never use radio, so I have not concentrated on supporting it in MyStuff. I will add support at some point (but perhaps not for a while). What I may do is actually disable Now&Next and EPG if a radio channel is currently selected. In fact, I will add that to 3.1

Quote:

2/ Is there any way to stop MyStuff from using the CH+ and CH- to scroll between now and next information (-1,-2,-3, +1,+2 etc) when the channel info box is up? I'd like to still use CH+ and CH- to flick between channels instantly, without having to wait for the info box to disappear. But I don't want to disable the info box altogether.

Nope, but you can install RemoteExtender, which will make MyStuff change the channel and the N&N info at the same time.

Cheers

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
onebonus
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Thanks very much, Bob! I was scratching my head last night - couldn't work out what I was doing wrong, so it's good to know that it's a known issue and not just me missing something! It would be great if you were able to disable EPG/N&N on radio in the next update - it would certainly stop me wondering why 1Xtra have started broadcasting the Antiques Roadshow - now there's a thought! I'll give RemoteExtender a try later, too. Cheers.