Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff subfolders

Page 1 of 1
Geo
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Nov 2005 Posts: 88 Location: North Devon, Huntshaw Cross Transmitter
Mods, please could we have MyStuff subfolders. The MyStuff thread is the biggest on here and has only been going 3 months.

If there was FAQ, New Users, Bugs, MEI, Skinning and Feature Requests folders it would make it much easier for new users and for BobD who must surely have cloned himself to keep up with the forum & development & a job.

Do others agree or do you prefer one thread?

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
To be honest, I find one thread easiest to handle. But then I dont tend to have to do more than read the ones at the end!

Multiple threads would mean more places for people to keep checking though, and possibly actually harder to find things. At least with onethread you know that the answer you want is (probably) in there somewhere

Lets see what everyone else thinks, and we can start new threads if it will help people. But there is no need to split it on my account

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
nwhitfield
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
Multiple threads would be my preferred option; people can make sure they indicate which TAP they're talking about in the subject.

Sub forums are a bit of a nightmare to integrate into the system, as far as I can tell.

Nigel.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Apr 2005 Posts: 390
One thread.
However, a lot of the My Stuff thread is now irrelevant because many of the early posts are about bugs that have been fixed, or feature requests that have been implemented. Who wants to edit them out and save pages of space?
If you give My Stuff a sub forum, then ImproBox, Jags, UK/Oz Archive etc., will all want their own sub forums and where will it all end?

Colin

All I want to do is watch some television!
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
Vote = One thread.

Folk don't post to the correct topic areas we have already. Introducing more will be a nightmare. Twisted Evil

No one appears to have seen the Search link at the top of the page either Rolling Eyes

MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:58 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Folks,

my 2p's worth. When I wanted to try MyStuff I didn't read all the old posts, just a recently couple of pages then went to Bob's site which has all you want to know. As long as it is recognised by people who want to start out to go there, then one thread is the best way IMO. When they have a problem they can use the search or else just ask a question.

Cheers

Chunkywizard

Geo
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 11 Nov 2005 Posts: 88 Location: North Devon, Huntshaw Cross Transmitter
I think public opinion is to stick with the status quo, I'd just noticed that I'd done post 1300 and imagined a new user trying to read it all.

Whatever BobD finds easiest should be the one anyway as he's reads every one of them Shocked