Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  New users start here  ~  My Own First Impressions

Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Beancounter
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 02 Apr 2005 Posts: 163
Well, its due for collection on Tuesday morning but I would imagine I will have till Monday to phone Unbeatable so they can cancel the courier. If it keeps on behaving as it is then I probably will keep it.

My wife has asked me to show her the ins and outs this evening, that will be the deciding factor Smile
sneeks
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 62
Good luck with that then Laughing

I really miss not having a recorder in the house now. So many progs I would like to watch but nothing to record them with anymore Sad
glesgaguy
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2005 Posts: 178
Posted by Beancounter

One little problem now though (there just had to be 1 eh?!!)
Whilst duel recording now I can't seem to change channel unless through the epg or use the volume up/down (not a big miss as I tend to use the tv volume control instead

That's the problem with using TAPs at the moment, they can change the way your remote keys work, now this is OK for the person who's familliar with the TAP but anyone else who picks up the remote might get confused, I thourghly recommend that you use TAP's in the PROGRAM folder until you're completely happy, also as time goes on TAPs will be devolped (Iam sure?) that will work with complete compatibilty, also we will have to see what the forthcoming update will offer.
Stormin
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Apr 2005 Posts: 155 Location: Newbury
when dual recording press the OK/list button and a list of available channels comes up that you can still watch, ie the ones from the same muxes that's are being recorded from.

record two, watch a third live, brilliant piece of kit!
matt
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Beancounter wrote:
Overall though, things are looking up Smile

Great news! Very Happy I think this is an excellent case study of how something can look bad, but if you take a step back and look at it calmly things are actually OK.

Beancounter wrote:
One little problem now though (there just had to be 1 eh?!!)
Whilst duel recording now I can't seem to change channel unless through the epg or use the volume up/down (not a big miss as I tend to use the tv volume control instead)

So, let me get this straight, your V+ and V- buttons change channel? Are you totally clear of TAPs now? When dual recording you can only change to channels on either of the muxes being recorded, which is obvious when you think about it but not obvious by simply channel hopping.

I'd like a message to be displayed on screen when you try to change to a channel that cannot be tuned to because both muxes are busy.

matt
matt
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 2305 Location: St Ives, Cornwall Transmitter: Redruth
Stormin wrote:
record two, watch a third live, brilliant piece of kit!

And a fourth picture in picture! Cool

matt
Beancounter
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
glesgaguy wrote:

That's the problem with using TAPs at the moment, they can change the way your remote keys work,.

This was actually happening whilst the Toppy was cleared of all taps. Not a great problem though as I can access the other channels on those muxes by other means. If thats as bad as its going to get then I can live with that Smile
Beancounter
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
matt wrote:

So, let me get this straight, your V+ and V- buttons change channel? Are you totally clear of TAPs now? When dual recording you can only change to channels on either of the muxes being recorded, which is obvious when you think about it but not obvious by simply channel hopping.

I'd like a message to be displayed on screen when you try to change to a channel that cannot be tuned to because both muxes are busy.

matt
Sorry Matt, I didn't make myself clear. I mean't to say that I couldn't change channel or change volume either. As I said in the post above if thats as bad as it gets then I am not too unhappy with that.

My Toppy has been recording basically non stop since 1am and everything has recorded as planned Very Happy

This calls for a few beers tonight whilst watching some of these recordings!
matt
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Beancounter, I am very pleased for you getting over your few hurdles. I'll have a beer for you tonight, too. Wink

matt
sneeks
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 20 Apr 2005 Posts: 62
Likewise, i'll have several beers for you too
Wildoat
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 18 Apr 2005 Posts: 532 Location: Diss / Tacolneston Transmitter
Its as good an excuse as any - I will also join you in a beer to celebrate.

W Wink
glesgaguy
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 27 Mar 2005 Posts: 178
Beancounter,
the problem with loosing control of the +/- volume and +/- channel I find is assoiated with TAPs, now I know you said
that you were cleared of TAP's but do you mean that you were running them from the PROGRAM FOLDER or the AUTOSTART folder, if they are in AUTOSTART then maybe there not actually being cleared, as I said in my previous post I find it better to run them from PROGRAM FOLDER, then if there is any conflict/bug I can just hit standby and reset everything.Iam running/testing JAGs TAP at the moment and have lost the control of the volume/channel buttons
matt
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm assumed Beancounter emptied both the Auto Start and Program Files folders, but you could be right.

matt
Beancounter
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
glesgaguy wrote:
Beancounter,
the problem with loosing control of the +/- volume and +/- channel I find is assoiated with TAPs, now I know you said
that you were cleared of TAP's but do you mean that you were running them from the PROGRAM FOLDER or the AUTOSTART folder, if they are in AUTOSTART then maybe there not actually being cleared, as I said in my previous post I find it better to run them from PROGRAM FOLDER, then if there is any conflict/bug I can just hit standby and reset everything.Iam running/testing JAGs TAP at the moment and have lost the control of the volume/channel buttons

I had deleted them out of the Autostart folder but left them in the Program folder, just checked again and no taps are currently active.

Could the problem have been caused by me disabling taps midway through a recording perhaps?
matt
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:35 am Reply with quote
Deleting TAPs from the folders means they can no longer be executed, but until the box has been restarted they are still running in memory.

Restarting should give you a clean machine and solve your button problems.

matt