Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Bugs  ~  Toppy crashes when manually setting timer

Page 1 of 1
ChrisLongs
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I have an early Black Panther Toppy 5800 (160GB) after trying the latest Freeview Playback firmware & reverting back to 5.13.65 patched firmware it now crashes if I attempt to use Menu, Recording and attempt to manually set a recording. Same result after mains switch off and removing all taps i.e. MyStuff v5.6, eit2mei (Beta 7.8m3) & MHEG taps.

Restoring MyStuff allows recording selection from EPG but yet to see if recording takes place - tried tonight to record Sports Relief only to have whole of BBC 1 Saturday recordings set also?

Any explanation or ideas most welcome!
alan_m
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3536
ChrisLongs wrote:
I have an early Black Panther Toppy 5800 (160GB) after trying the latest Freeview Playback firmware & reverting back to 5.13.65 patched firmware it now crashes if I attempt to use Menu, Recording and attempt to manually set a recording. Same result after mains switch off and removing all taps i.e. MyStuff v5.6, eit2mei (Beta 7.8m3) & MHEG taps.

Restoring MyStuff allows recording selection from EPG but yet to see if recording takes place - tried tonight to record Sports Relief only to have whole of BBC 1 Saturday recordings set also?

The recommendation is a factory reset plus rescan if you revert back to the older firmware. Try also a mains power off for 10 seconds.

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3536
ChrisLongs wrote:

The recommendation is a factory reset plus rescan if you revert back to the older firmware. Try also a mains power off for 10 seconds.

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote
Many thanks for advice will give it a try.

In the meantime now have an additional symptom/problem as the toppy comes out of standby within an hour without any prompting!
Not very ecofriendly.

Thanks once again alan_m
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
ChrisLongs wrote:
In the meantime now have an additional symptom/problem as the toppy comes out of standby within an hour without any prompting!
On 5.13.65? It probably thinks you've got a watch timer set, because you've not done a Factory Reset.

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quote
Many thanks factory reset cured problems.

Firmware was indeed 5.13.65 so will now patch with latest options.

Thanks once again for prompt rescue! (Missus was getting agitated!!)