Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Channel Remover

Page 3 of 12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Tom
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Jul 2005 Posts: 347
I would like to have go at this - does it really cut out channels you do not want so in the EPG and channel select window you only see the channels you have selected?

As this seems to be the case how and where do put the channels you want to get rid of in the .txt file? In the file does it mean lcn=50, 51, 52, 55 and 56 are now deleted/not shown? If this is the case then I assume you just add to the list lcn=X for the other cannels you not want. Does it matter where you add these extra lcn=x entries (in numeric order) and what is the relevance of cas=yes, ame=rt1 name=five and uhf=42? Are these other ways of listing lcn=X? Is UHF=42 a radio channel, wht is cas=yes?

Sorry for these dumb questions - this TAP looks good.
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Tom,

put LCN=xx (where xx is channel number) for all the channels you wanted deleted.

if you put cas=yes, it wil delete all pay channels (actually all channels with a $ next to it, including ITV4 which isn't broadcasting at the mo.). I avoid this and just put the LCNs in the list.

In the example file Alex also uses channel names (ie ame=rt1). You can do this, but LCNs are just easier to use (IHMO)

UHF is the broadcast channel for the muxes. Only use this if you get duplicate channels. If so then put the UHF number of the weak mux and it will delete all the channels broadcast on it,

To recap, I only use the LCN=xx option and put cas=no and it works perfectly.

Does that help?

Chunkywizard

Tom
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Great - thanks a lot. Time for the family to watch TV so I will have a play tomorrow.
captain747480
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:01 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jun 2005 Posts: 499 Location: London Transmitter: Crystal Palace
chunkywizard wrote:
If you put cas=yes, it wil delete all pay channels (actually all channels with a $ next to it, including ITV4 which isn't broadcasting at the mo.). I avoid this and just put the LCNs in the list.

Are you sure about this. I read it that if you put cas=yes it didn't bother asking you whether you wanted to delete the pay channels and therefore didn't delete them.

Can Firebird confirm?

chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Captain,

I have just checked my .txt file and I have cas=no and ITV4 is intact. As this is flagged currently as a payTV channel then I believe you need cas=yes to delete payTV channels,

Regards

Chunkywizard

captain747480
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jun 2005 Posts: 499 Location: London Transmitter: Crystal Palace
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Captain,

I have just checked my .txt file and I have cas=no and ITV4 is intact. As this is flagged currently as a payTV channel then I believe you need cas=yes to delete payTV channels,

Regards

Chunkywizard

Does your Channel Remover ask you whether you want to remove Pay Channels when you run it?

I have cas=yes and it doesn't ask but I'm fairly sure that I've still got ITV4 (can't confirm as at work), hence the reason I think that it completely ignores the Pay Channel deletion rather than just doing it without asking.

I'll check tonight if it's not confirmed either way before then.

chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:31 am Reply with quote
Hi Captain,

no it doesn't ask, I believe the 'cas=' line stops that. If you have cas=yes, then we have found a bug Confused

Let us know (unless Alex comes back in the mean time)

Cheers

Chunkywizard

Tom
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:36 am Reply with quote
Now I’m disillusioned with myself – I cannot get this to work properly (I think) and others have! Looking at this thread I have listed the channels I do not want under lcn=xxx as a list in the .txt. file.
Problem: Got all the files in a folder (called CR) on my laptop. With the Toppy turned off launched .exe file to have window come up – ToppDump.exe – Unable To Locate Component (TfDll.dll was not found). Chunkywizard said the dll had to be in the root directory but what directory? I have tried all combinations, CR under C:\ and dll copied to c:\, CR in c:\Toppy\CR and dll in c:\, CR in c:\Toppy/CR and c:\CR with dll in c:\ and/or c:\windows but nothing.

However, (foolishly?) copied the .tap and .txt to files to my Startup folder and it all works. I now only see the channels I want in both the TV select window and JAG’s EPG.

What happens though is when I start the Toppy from standby after about 5secs a window comes up called Channel Remover with 5 empty boxes in it (1st one ‘searching for flash memory’, 2nd Removing scrambled channels, etc), after a short while they fill up with ‘ticks’ and then another window pops up called Event of Interest Found Show Search Result? Yes or No.

Is this normal when Channel Remover is installed or it something to do with me not having “Dump_<actual date>.tfd on my PC (can see how it can). It appears to have worked a treat – very good, although I’m not sure if the Channel Remover and Event of Interest Found windows should come up every time I switch on.

If this is all OK my only comment is would it be possible not to have the two windows come up when the Toppy is switched on?

Note: my .txt file consists of CAS=yes as the first listing and then just lcn=xx after (32 of them) and I have no $ symbols.

Also - as one of the few interactive viewers, is it safe to remove some of the 300 type channels which I believe some have something to do with interactive services - or should I play and find out?
captain747480
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote
Tom wrote:
However, (foolishly?) copied the .tap and .txt to files to my Startup folder and it all works. I now only see the channels I want in both the TV select window and JAG?s EPG.

You need them in your Program Files folder. If you put them in AutoStart they'll run every time you start your Toppy.

To run a TAP from Program Files do this:-

Select Archive
Use >> or << to scroll through screens. Recordings -> MP3's -> Files
Select the TAP you want and hit OK.

Tom wrote:
Also - as one of the few interactive viewers, is it safe to remove some of the 300 type channels which I believe some have something to do with interactive services - or should I play and find out?

If you delete these Channels then you won't be able to use the Multi-screen options on Interactive such as Wimbledon Multi-game.

Last edited by captain747480 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:48 am Reply with quote
Hi Tom,

on the DLL question, copy the DLL to the same folder as ToppDump.exe. Then turn off the Toppy with your USB attached, run Toppydump and turn on the Toppy. It will then create a .tfd file in the same folder as Toppydump,

Hope that helps,

Chunkywizard

chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote
Hi Tom,

just saw your last question. I don't remove the 300 channels just in case I ever want to use the interactive services. If you can guarentee you never want to select which table you watch at snooker, what court at Wimbledon etc. then it is safe to delete the channels,

Cheers

Chunkywizard

FireBird
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:08 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 358 Location: Vienna/Austria
Hi,

about the "cas=" confusion: the TAP should treat this line as an automatic answer to the start-up dialog. "cas=no" should leave pay TV channels alone, while "cas=yes" should remove all channels with the $ sign. If it does not, I have to dig around in the source.

Regarding the DLL: it seems that there are two DLLs involved: VegaMfcDll.dll and TFDLL.DLL. I?ll upload the TFDLL this evening. The best way is to copy both DLLs into the System32 folder.

Regards, Alex
chunkywizard
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:15 am Reply with quote
Hi Alex,

regarding the TFDLL.DLL, this is included in the Altair distribution. The problem I had was it was not in my system folder, hence why I said copy it to the right directory.

Regards

Chunkywizard

FireBird
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 358 Location: Vienna/Austria
Maybe Altair is not installed on Tom's laptop.

Tom wrote:
Unable To Locate Component (TfDll.dll was not found).

Regards, Alex

/Edit: or at least the dll is not in the system32 folder
Tom
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote
Thank you all for the replies. I did have the TfDll file on my PC and have now copied both the dll files to my system 32 folder. I am at work but launching the .exe file it now brings up a DOS windows asking for the USB cnnction so it looks like all is working well. I will have another go tonight and put the TAP/.txt file in my program folder rather than the start up folder. Just a NEWBIE so thanks for your help - been waiting since I have had my Toppy (one of the first Panthers - hence newbie) to see if was possible to get rid of all the channals we do not want/watch.

Thank you.