Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff 'reset'

Page 1 of 1
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:44 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 832
When I looked at my Toppy yesterday, all the colours and layout had changed. Looking at the options, it looks as though everything has been reset. It did crash and restart yesterday when I deleted a paused recording, but I've done that before without a problem. Is there something I should have done differently, or was I just unlucky?

I have the backups made by MS, as well as the export file of options created in the 'Z' section. Is there a way to import the exported file, or do I just recover one of the backups? I know there's a 'Recovery' option in the MS menu. Which file do I recover, and should I do it from within MS, or should I use Antares?

Noiseblocker XR1 fan added Mar '18
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+U+Uu
TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4532
You can't import an old export file - but you can view/print it to manually set the options to the same values.

Suggest you run fsCheck first in case you have had a file system corruption (this could have wiped the options file plus other things). Please post log in fsCheck Reports

If fsCheck doesn't highlight issue, you can use the recovery option in MyStuff. Alternatively, shut down MS and use Antares to
1) Browse to \Programfiles\Settings\MyStuff
2) Rename MyStuff.dat to MyStuff_bad.dat (to save your current copy)
3) open the Backups folder
4) Select the latest MyStuff.dat_date file and CtrlC to copy
5) Back up to the parent directory
6) CtrlV to paste the file
7) Rename the pasted file to remove the date portion

Having replaced the file, restart MS and see if it is what you want. If not repeat operations for an older options file (obviously, no need to save the unwanted file)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
YorkshireJumbo
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 16 Sep 2005 Posts: 832
Thanks for the reply. After 'redoing' all the options last night, they had reset again this morning. Looking at MyStuff.Dat in Antares, it was 0 bytes even when I exited MS. I guess that the sector where the file is situated is corrupted, so I renamed the old file. FWIW I run a daily backup of the whole Toppy disk using Antares in a batch file, so I was able to copy across and rename one of the old backups from yesterday morning (pre-crash). All seems fine after a restart.

So I guess I do have a corruption; I will run fscheck next time I'm using it and report back in the appropriate thread. Fingers crossed it's only a minor issue.

Noiseblocker XR1 fan added Mar '18
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -Sy+U+Uu
TAPs: MS 6.6 Suite, UK OZ Surfer