Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Series Search attribution to Manual Timer

Page 1 of 1
gavink
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 Jul 2006 Posts: 93 Location: Hampshire
Not a problem as such as everything seems to working OK, I'm just curious.

I'd set a Series Search for the Womens T20I v West Indies highlights as soon as the first appeared in the EPG.

I'd also been setting manual timers for Louis Theroux: Life on the Edge as & when, I didn't bother with a search.

When watching Louis Theroux I noticed that the recoding info attributed the recording to the Womens Cricket Series Search.

I've got a vague feeling I might have noticed similar quirks before, but I don't think there have been any sort of recording problems.

What might be the cause of MyStuff mis-attributing the Manual Timer to a Series Search? https://solentships.com/images/Screenshot%20Toppy.jpg

Geoff Bacon
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4559
I suspect that you have merged recordings enabled in MyStuff and/or it is way out of date (your signature indicate MS 6.1 and hasn't been updated since 2011).

I suggest you upgrade to the latest version of Mystuff (6.6) and post a current signature.

To upgrade, you will need to use the GCBMyStuffInstaller on my GeeCeeBee website (the installer on BobD's site no longer works). The installation nowadays is much slicker than when you last did it and asks a minimum of questions.

To update your signature, I suggest you install TopManager on your pc, run it, create/open a USB connection and Display| Display MyInfo Log. Then Tools| Update Forum Profile.
Having updated your signature, redisplay the MyInfo Log, click in the results, CtrlA (select All), CtrlC (Copy) - or use Right click menu options for the same effect and CtrlV to paste into this thread.

Cheers
Geoff
PS: The above assumes you have a windows pc.

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
gavink
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 04 Jul 2006 Posts: 93 Location: Hampshire
It seems I'm on 6.5 at the moment actually, I hadn't got around to changing my sig. I do have "Merge back to back timers" set to "Yes" (is that the setting you meant Geoff?), but there were no Cricket highlights on Sunday when Louis Theroux was on, let alone back to back in the schedule.

I will update to 6.6 and update my sig, but it still seems a bit odd.

Edit:
Quote:
I will update to 6.6 and update my sig

Done.