Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff Installation failure

Page 1 of 1
andyfras
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3449
After repairing a Toppy recently (over 10 years old on original Sam Young capacitors!), I persuaded the owner that MyStuff would be a worthwhile addition (now that his disk was reformatted).

I used the MyStuff installer, but it hung-up on the restart. It booted without TAPs OK, so I then loaded the TAPs one at a time, and it seemed to be EPG2MEI that caused it to hang. While manually loading TAPs the next time, I missed EPG2MEI out, but then MyStuff caused a reboot.

I decided to reformat and start again, with the same result. So the Toppy owner went home with his newly fixed Toppy, but no MyStuff. A bit embarrassing really.

I had checked the disk using TopfHDDoctor, but no errors were showing. I also checked PSU and mainboard voltages in case something was on edge.

I've loaded MyStuff onto literally hundreds of Toppies using the installer, and not had this problem before. Any thoughts?

Last edited by andyfras on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
juwlz
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10801 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
I would have suggested trying Geoff's offline installer, just to separate out the availability of online resources from the ability to install them on the Toppy.

Can't think what the problem might have been though.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
juwlz
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:51 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10801 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
My only other thought would have been to delete the downloaded "starter" EPG. It may be that there was some sort of glitch in that.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
andyfras
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3449
Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned that I did that too.

One thought has just occurred to me and that is that I didn't retune it to my local transmitter, so it wasn't receiving a signal (although I had tricked it into setting the clock).

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ