Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  Install Failing

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4416
"wininet error # 12039 : (Unknown wininet error # 12039)" refers to a security certificate:-

Code:
12038       ERROR_INTERNET_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID
               SSL certificate common name (host name field) is incorrect.
               For example, if you entered www.server.com and the common
               name on the certificate says www.different.com.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the security settings on your pc are set higher than mine and this is causing the problem (I've tried changing my settings several times and have been unable to reproduce the fault - this does at least indicate that the current basic MyStuff scripts etc are usable).

I have added an INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID flag to the call requesting the file to be downloaded (obviously I can't test whether it has any effect as I can't replicate your issue - but it still builds the kit for me).

So, please download/run V1.1 of the installer and let me know how you get on.

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18
denbigh1974
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:37 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 21 Jan 2010 Posts: 25
Geoff Bacon wrote:
I have added an INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID flag to the call requesting the file to be downloaded (obviously I can't test whether it has any effect as I can't replicate your issue - but it still builds the kit for me).

So, please download/run V1.1 of the installer and let me know how you get on.

Geoff

I tried downloading the offline installer again and building the zip file but unfortunately the same files were still missing.

So I tried downloading to another Windows XP p.c. and this time the zip file was successfully created. I then transferred the MyStuffInstaller(OffLine).zip file to the laptop connected to the TF5810, extracted the files and ran SetUp.exe. Success!

I am not sure why one pc built the zip file and the other one didn't. The one that didn't work was more than ten years old and had an Intel Pentium III 848MHz processor with 512MB of RAM.

Think I'm sorted now. Thanks for your help, Geoff.

?
Geoff Bacon
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4416
Glad you are sorted - all you have to do now is update the sig to match (TM Tools| Update Forum Profile)

As I hinted before, I think it is down to the level of security on the system. Temporarily disabling the firewall while the kit is built may fix it but is less than ideal.

Can you run V1.1 on the failing system again and see if the log file contains any lines beginning <<< ? If so, please cut and paste into this thread (including previous few lines)

Geoff

TAPs: PcControl B1.4; StopExit v1.01; PruneEPG 1.0; fsSave 1.1; QuickJump 1.72; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Bookmark 3.0; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; MHEG On/Off A3;
Sig generated by EMJB's MyInfo.tap on 29/12/18