Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  Is Improbox no longer supported?

Page 1 of 1
hgt
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:44 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Gerti is still supporting Improbox?

I've had to swap out my HDD, and now Improbox wants a registration code again - but I can't track down Gerti and www.improbox.de seems to no longer exist.

Such a shame as I'm a big fan of Improbox... anyone know of anything similar out there?

Many thanks!
gramps
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Jun 2007 Posts: 327
@hgt have you tried the Topfield Europe Forum? Gerti still seems to be active on there. Can see some recent posts.

gramps

My Logo Packs
Darucla
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Jun 2007 Posts: 1542
I think you'll find that the Topfield usage in the UK has dropped dramatically. This has been helped along by many changes to the broadcasts. Most TAPs are no longer maintained, and may or may not still work. Which is why most of the regulars on this forum are all using MS 6.5 or 6.6, along with recommended FW patches and support TAPs. This "suite" is still maintained, although individual components may not be. Geoff Bacon's PC program, TopManager, has made this maintenance simple.

It's ironic that using a Topfield is probably a better experience now than it ever was in its early years. This still won't prevent it being left behind in the new HD, T2, ipTV connected world.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be, but now a whole new generation can start to lament the passing of user friendly tech.