Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Can someone please fix my T5800?

Page 1 of 1
Grand Dizzy
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2009 Posts: 161
Hi guys, I haven't been to this forum for a while.

A few years ago I got myself a second hand TF5800, installed MyStuff and I absolutely adored it. It is without doubt the greatest PVR ever IMHO!

Before long though, it stopped working. Admittedly, I had done a crude job of replacing the hard drive, and I knew the PSU had never been fixed. I'm not really very technical when it comes to hardware. So now it won't boot past the C4.56 stage (even when I disconnect the HD).

For the last few years I kind of forgot about the Toppy and just used Freesat (lured by all the channels). But now I've just moved and don't think I want to bother with a satellite dish because Freeview seems great now, with all the channels I could need.

So I just want to get my Toppy working but as I said I'm not very good with hardware and to be honest I wouldn't want to get involved with PSU repair etc. I would like to pay someone to fix it for me.

I remember hearing about members such as andyfras and MikeyP who have offered to do this kind of thing before. Perhaps someone could get in touch?

Specifically I am looking for the following:
? Get the unit working
? Fix the PSU (as necessary)
? Install a new HD (I can send it, or pay you for one if you prefer)
? Possibly some way to make it easy to transfer files to PC? I always used to struggle with this in the past and when I used the Toppy software it often crashed when I was transferring files.

Thanks for any replies Smile
Bizman
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2010 Posts: 1707
Andy is a regular poster on here, why not send him a PM

Other TAPs : FsCheck, Channel Organiser. PSU Caps 7/2/2011 Tx: Mendip. TV: Samsung (32"), NSLU2, STB: Labgear FV300. PC Acer Aspire One with Win7 Starter
Grand Dizzy
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 09 Oct 2009 Posts: 161
Thanks very much. That's great and I think Andy can help me. Smile