Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  Topfield HD replacement Miraclebox

Page 44 of 44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
alan_m
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Oct 2006 Posts: 3496
JBD wrote:

I've still got to suss picons (I managed to get ~50% of the channels to have logos)

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?61842-Simple-UK-picons
More on this further down

First
How are you putting the picon files on your box. Via FTP or Samba/Windows?

Samba
Menu -> Setup -> Network -> Utilities -> Samba -> Autostart = enabled
Press yelllow to autostart if the current status doesn't say running.

On a windows PC you should see your box in the network section of File Explorer
You shoud be able to drag/drop files between your PC and box (and visa versa), delete files, move files , create directories(folders) etc all from the PC.

Picons
What the above posting on the WOS forum suggests.
Download the plugin
Menu -> Plugins -> press green to download the list of plugins
From the downloaded list -> Extensions -> scroll down to e2piconizer -> highlight and press ok to install.

Quit the menus by repeatedly pressing exit.

Menu -> Plugins -> select E2Piconizer(by KiddaC) -> press ok
Select Picon Source = Sky uk/IE
possibly leave all other setting as default
press OK
after download press green to continue
Repeat but with Picon Souce = Virgin UK/IE

You should have a whole lot ot of .png images (picon images) on your box at
/etc/enigma2/E2Piconizer/downloads

Copy and paste all of them to your chosen folder called "picon" (all lower case). you probably will want to first delete all the existing picon files from the incomplete set.

Restart the GUI . Hold down the on/off key on the remote and select it from the pop up menu and/or just put your box into deep stanby and back on again.

You should have most of the picons.
You may have to change some of the names of the files in the the "picon" folder.
For instance the picon for BBC1 may not appear probably because the channel is actually named BBC One. Find the file named bbc1.png and change it to bbcone.png and/or the channel may be called BBC One Lon (London region) and there may not be a picon file for bbconelon.png. In this case find, say, bbconeeast.png and change the name to bbconelon.png.
The name of the picon file must match the broadcast channel name.

The plugin says you can perform renaming etc via eChannelizer. Check the Youtube videos if you want to go down this route

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
JBD wrote:
and learn some sort-cuts (for example I stumbled across using 1,4,6 and 3,6,9 to skip though a recording yesterday!)

While watching live TV try pressing the help button on the remote.

On the two boxes that I've owned it presents a picture of the remote on the TV screen and a menu option with what each button can do. The menu item highlighted works so you can just go directly to that function.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 pm Reply with quote
More top tips! Cheers, I'll have a look.

For the picons I'd FTP'd them across. Having read your suggestions suspect that I just need to rename some - I'll investigate. To be honest it wasn't a show stopper, but it only half working was niggling me....

Ill also have a look at samba

?
alan_m
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 pm Reply with quote
JBD wrote:
More top tips! Cheers, I'll have a look.

For the picons I'd FTP'd them across. Having read your suggestions suspect that I just need to rename some - I'll investigate. To be honest it wasn't a show stopper, but it only half working was niggling me....

I guess that you have downloaded a picon file with incomplete/incorrect references. Before I downloaded and used e2piconizer today I too found picon downloads where less than 50% worked on both Freeview and Freesat.

There are two types of picon file.

One requires it to be named the same as the obscure service reference number (menu -> information -> service -> service reference . It looks something like
1:0:1:197A:7E6:2:11A0000:0:0:0 which can change when Freeview/Broadcasters change the transmitter channel number.

The other requires the file to be named the same as the channel such as bbcone.png

I believe this latter form is a more recent innovation and preferable to the former method of naming the individual picon files.

Also, a few years back there were many more picon files in the plugin download section but these have since been removed because they became out of date.

I suspect that you may have a out-of-date picon file list that maybe uses the old service reference number method and the service references have changed over the years.

The E2piconizer plugin method mentioned in my previous post should give you 99% to 100% of the picon files in the correct latter naming format. If the broadcasters change the service reference number they are unlikely to change the channel name! Using the picon files for Sky UK and Virgin as mentioned will also give the correct files for UK Freeview and UK Freesat as the Free to Air channels on these providers are common to Freeview and Freesat.

I found that the only file I had to change the name of was for ITV London HD. I just made a copy of the itv.png file and renamed it to itvlondonhd.png.

I have added another screenshot to
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?61842-Simple-UK-picons

to show my current picons in the graphical EPG

Last edited by alan_m on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Thanks - that's a massive improvement. On closer inspection quite a few of the original picons had a size of 0.

?