Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  AV & other discussions  ~  TF5800PVR for sale.

Page 1 of 1
momist
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone.

Offers invited.

I've been given my father-in-laws Toppy to dispose of (he's now on YouView) and wondered if anyone here may be interested in buying it. I don't know it's exact age (he's now 93 and can't remember how long he's had it) but I suspect it was bought not long prior to the 5810 coming out. It's the one with the black front with a shiny horizontal stripe. I changed the capacitors in the PSU last year (April 2013) using one of Andy Fraser's kits. After 17 years fixing police radios, I know how to do this properly. It comes with the original remote control and 250GB hard drive.

It was showing the usual Toppy problems for it's age, and since FiL is not computer savvy, there were no TAPs installed to deal with that. These machines on eBay seems to sell for 8 to 25 with 10 carriage. I'm sure I could get carriage down below that price, and would ask you to cover what the carriage costs. I'd rather it not be sent for recycling if someone could use it.

I will also have my own TF5810 available in due course, as I also have moved on to YouView with catch-up TV available. However, there are still recordings on it yet to be viewed so that might be days or weeks away.

If no-one is interested here, I'll be trying eBay and/or GumTree soon.

?