Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  Step by step TAP compiler setup guides available.

Page 2 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
simonc
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5640 Location: Cheltenham
It looks like remoteextender.c is missing an include. I updated the source with and include of model.h from libutils. Oddly though it doesn't seem to understand registerGroup which is clearly defined in the FirmwareDetail struct in the same file.

TFCopy is a convenience that you'll soon come to appreciate. Get it from Aldarin's site
andyrogers
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:28 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Hi

I have now got remoteextender to compile thankyou, but with description extender iam getting this message:

C:\CYGWIN\HOME\ADMINI~1\PROJECTS\TAP\TRUNK\TAPS\DESCRI~1>make
MAKE single
MAKE[1]: Entering directory `/HOME/ADMINI~1/PROJECTS/TAP/TRUNK/TAPS/DESCRI~1'
/usr/local/topfield-gcc/bin/mips-gcc -mqnxpic -fno-delayed-branch -mlong-calls -
msoft-float -isystem /usr/local/topfield-gcc/topfield-sdk/include -D_TAP -O2 -I.
./../libs/libutils -I../../libs/Firmware -I../../libs/TSRCommander -I../../libs/
exTap -c -o DescriptionExtender.o DescriptionExtender.c
DescriptionExtender.c: In function `GetEventDescriptionv2':
DescriptionExtender.c:436: structure has no member named `genre'
DescriptionExtender.c:436: structure has no member named `subgenre'
MAKE[1]: *** [DescriptionExtender.o] Error 1
MAKE[1]: Leaving directory `/HOME/ADMINI~1/PROJECTS/TAP/TRUNK/TAPS/DESCRI~1'
MAKE: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
simonc
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
SVN commit problems a few weeks back left EPG.h out of date. Try updating from SVN again.
shenson
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 568
I installed the tap toolchain for linux and it struck me that it should be possible to make the TAP compilation process less convoluted.

The ultimate would be to be able to do:

mips-gcc -o somefile.tap somefile.c

and it would just "do the right thing".

Customisation of the compiler driver program "mips-gcc" is possible by messing around with the gcc specs file. This path is printed out with "mips-gcc -v".

For example I added additional header file directories (/usr/local/topfield-gcc/topfield-sdk/include) and library search directories along with additional command line options such as the mandatory "-mqnxpic -fno-delayed-branch -mlong-calls -msoft-float" with a few minor edits.

Any interest in this? If so I'll give more details.

EMJB
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3638 Location: Maldon Essex
Used the instructions to download the necessary files & set everything up, and was able to recompile the Berlios TAPs with no problems in about an hour, and to generate a very simple working TAP within the next hour. I only wish I had taken the plunge earlier!

However I am finding problems with strings, arrays, & pointers within C, and the only books in the local library are C++. My recent background is Delphi, which handles strings easily & is much more helpful with problems, and one can avoid pointers in most situations. Can anyone point me to some help on the web, or should I be thinking of moving up to C++?
LordCake
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 03 Jul 2005 Posts: 217 Location: Manchester
@EMJB

I found this site useful, after not having used C in many, many years:

http://www.imada.sdu.dk/~svalle/courses/dm14-2005/mirror/c/

It's pitched a pretty basic level.

Model: TF5800PVR F/ware: 5.13.65EfNfCyXpXwSXlUUuHPTCeGmSrUxEsRs Xmitter: Winter Hill Q: ~100% S: 76-95% Aerial: Group C/D bandpass filter Taps: MyStuff v4.54d, RemoteExtender v1.5, deselect v1.0Connected: Toppy<->undeclocked debianSLUG + iguanaIR running: ftpd-topfield, rt2mei, bleb2tie & lirc
EPG data for radio channels: http://my.opera.com/bleb2tie/
EMJB
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3638 Location: Maldon Essex
@LordCake

That looks like just the thing I was looking for, but failed to find. Thanks very much.
andyrogers
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to be a pain anyone.

I have just been reinstalling cygwin and toolchain and when I come to compile a tap I can't get any to compile correctly.
I keep getting some messages like:-

make: *** No rule to make target `Key.h', needed by `UKTimers.o'. Stop.

This seems to be the most frequent message which I keep getting.

I also remember that I had to add a couple windows PATH variables to get it to work correctly last time, but I cannot find these anywhere at the moment.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
rwg
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quote
TAP author Joined: 29 Oct 2005 Posts: 604 Location: Oxfordshire
Key.h should be in C:\cygwin\usr\local\topfield-gcc\topfield-sdk\include for a standard cygwin install, which the makefiles should be adding to the build via a -I of /usr/local/topfield-gcc/topfield-sdk/include I should imagine.

Robin

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Simonc

When i try to compile description extender i keep getting the following message:-

make: *** No rule to make target `DescriptionExtender.h', needed by `Description
Extender.o'. Stop.

Any ideas where iam going wrong?

Thanks

andy

simonc
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
Well spotted that man. Missing files added, just do another fetch from berlios and you should be in business.
blackpaw
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:06 am Reply with quote
Hi all, just chiming in to introduce myself - interested in doing some tap development, probably with a view towards managing timers etc remotely. Was thinking of developing a tap that exposed a http interface for controlling the toppy.

Just like to add, good job with http://tap.berlios.de, I got setup under windows with cygwin and the toolchain easily and have already compiled and installed a test tap from the skeleton that didn't crash my toppy! thanks for the step by step instructions, I always find getting the dev environment setup for embedded systems is the trickiest bit.

One note:the UKTimers Makefile lists Key.h as a dependency rather than key.h (case) which causes the:
Code:

make: *** No rule to make target `Key.h', needed by `UKTimers.o'.  Stop.

error

Cheers - Lindsay

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:34 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
blackpaw wrote:
Was thinking of developing a tap that exposed a http interface for controlling the toppy.

Sounds like fun! Next project should be a web browser for the Toppy. That'd be brilliant. Smile
nwhitfield
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
An http interface would be fun - but the biggest hurdle is likely to be the USB communications, which people have found to be pretty buggy.

The most reliable thing to do is probably - and I think it's what applications like Toppy PC do - use the standard file transfer to pass status and command files to and from, and manage the http on a separate device.

Of course, you might get further with the serial port; try porting something like ka9q ;0

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote
nwhitfield wrote:
The most reliable thing to do is probably - and I think it's what applications like Toppy PC do - use the standard file transfer to pass status and command files to and from, and manage the http on a separate device.

I was planning to serve HTTP on the 6000 using std TCP/IP over the wireless - I'm assuming I have access to TCP/IP on the 6000 Smile

But yah, for the 5xxx it would have to be file based over USB.