Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  TAPs, Timers, and FV+ firmware

Page 1 of 1
EMJB
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3630 Location: Maldon Essex
Channel Organiser tries to re-instate timers after a scan, and on the TF5800 1365 firmware saving them with multiple "TAP_Timer_GetInfo" calls and restoring them after the Factory Reset with multiple "TAP_Timer_Add" calls has always worked OK for me.

However running this on a TF5810 has highlighted the following issues:

(1) The start times for series link timers reported by "TAP_Timer_GetInfo" are 1 minute ahead of those in the flash memory, and those displayed on the native timer screen.

(2) The durations for series link timers reported by "TAP_Timer_GetInfo" are 2 minutes longer than those in the flash memory, and than those displayed on the native timer screen.

(3) The .nameFix parameter always seems to be 1.

so when restored consecutive timers clash on time, and series timers also clash on name (even when .nameFix is set to zero before restoring, I think). In addition (as one might expect), the series link information is lost, so the "surviving" timers appear as one offs. I am not sure whether the padding is added to one-off timers as well.

I would expect the same problems to arise with the FV+ firmware on the TF5800.

I am pursuing a totally different approach to timer restoration, but am posting this in case it is of use to anyone else contemplating a similar process.

EMJB