Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Site news and feedback  ~  Great new look phpBB

Page 1 of 1
sunstealer
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote
Forum moderator Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 325
Just a quick note to say thank you Nigel for working so hard to upgrade the site to phpBB. It looks great. It does seem to load a little slower on my machine but that may not be a common experience.

I really like the addition of a separate "TAP development" forum. Can I suggest that the "Memory mapping" thread is also moved there. I can't see non-developers having any use for memory mapping.

I think others, like me, may be waiting to see what Topfield come up with re: new software for the TF5800 before diving in to more TAP development (it's kinda depressing to work for hours on something only to have it replicated in a manufacturer's update) but as soon as they release the new firmware, I will certainly be putting more effort in to making improvements.

Many thanks.
nwhitfield
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:23 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9577
Thanks for the feedback; if I got everything right, I think you'll find that you can move the thread yourself - I added a couple of moderators to the technical area of the forum.

Nigel.
Magpie
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:49 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Apr 2005 Posts: 52
The new look seems to be OK but the board seems to be much slower this morning.
groovyf
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 433 Location: Halifax, Emley Moor transmitter
Does seem slightly slower *sometimes* when selecting a different thread to read.

I've found that "Enable GZip Compression" set to Yes in the phpBB Admin Panel/Configuration helps a lot.