Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  General Toppy discussions  ~  Buying a used 'Topfield T5810t PVR'

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
roga
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Jul 2006 Posts: 167
juwlz wrote:
As you're a MyStuff user, you'd probably be better off looking out for a 2nd hand 5800, rather than a 5810
Julie

5810 has HDMI output which on my HDTV looks a lot better than the old SCART of the 5800

?
Karvindon
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2009 Posts: 192
Hi All,
Can I say what a pleasant experience it has been communicating with you all.
I would like to say thank a big thank you to Andyfras for all his help and the help he has offered in the future with my existing tf5800
He has acted very professionally, and has done all he said he would do.
Thanks to all well done.
Take care,
Derek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website TF5810PVRt
Karvindon
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I?ve just bought a second hand tf5810 off Andyfras, its very good but I have a few problems with MyStuff and don?t want to worry him, so here goes: -
I?m unable to set a timer to record a forthcoming programme. I highlight the programme in the EPG and press the record button; it gives me the option to record a one off/ text search/power search or a series search.
I chose a one off and it comes up ?Unable to set times due to unavoidable clashes with existing timers/current recordings. It asks to if I want to display the clashing timers screen.
I click yes and only the programme I?m trying to pre record comes up as there are no other set recordings..
If I go into ?Timers By Date? only the one I?m trying to pre-record comes up with a question mark at the end of it.
I delete it from the screen and I?m left with a blank ?Timers By Date? screen.
I haven?t been able to set a timer from the start so I need a bit of help.
I?ve tried re-installing MyStuff but it does no good.

Next is another problem, I have a tf5800 as well as the one I?ve bought; it is working ok if a little slow (Andy is going to sort it out foe me). I get a full EPG of programs including ?Yesterday? (no. 11) and Films (No. 15)

My tf5810 is on the same aerial but when I scan in the programs its missing 11 and 15 and maybe more, I don?t know why, any ideas would help.
I think this is all of the problems to date but I?ll have to get these sorted to check the rest out.
Take care,
Derek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website TF5810PVRt
Karvindon
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I?ve just bought a second hand tf5810 off Andy, its very good but I have a few problems with MyStuff and don?t want to worry him, so here goes: -
I?m unable to set a timer to record a forthcoming programme. I highlight the programme in the EPG and press the record button; it gives me the option to record a one off/ text search/power search or a series search.
I chose a one off and it comes up ?Unable to set times due to unavoidable clashes with existing timers/current recordings. It asks to if I want to display the clashing timers screen.
I click yes and only the programme I?m trying to pre record comes up as there are no other set recordings..
If I go into ?Timers By Date? only the one I?m trying to pre-record comes up with a question mark at the end of it.
I delete it from the screen and I?m left with a blank ?Timers By Date? screen.
I haven?t been able to set a timer from the start so I need a bit of help.
I?ve tried re-installing MyStuff but it does no good.

Next is another problem, I have a tf5800 as well as the one I?ve bought; it is working ok if a little slow (Andy is going to sort it out foe me). I get a full EPG of programs including ?Yesterday? (no. 11) and Films (No. 15)

My tf5810 is on the same aerial but when I scan in the programs its missing 11 and 15 and maybe more, I don?t know why, any ideas would help.
I think this is all of the problems to date but I?ll have to get these sorted to check the rest out.
Take care,
Derek

andyfras
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3457
I think that you might be receiving multiple transmitters, despite my best efforts to limit the scan to Wenvoe only.

Try running FastScanGUI from the Utilities folder and select the correct transmitter with the relevant date.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
Karvindon
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Now come on Andy its me the thick one your dealing with.
If you could put it into baby language and tell me on how to get into FastScanGUI as I?m not sure if I?m even scanning in the programs properly.
I know this is basic but I?m scanning in the programs in the Topfield set up, is this correct or is there another way?
I didn?t want to worry you as you have been so good.
I?m having a problem with the different remote, are the functions for MyStuff the same as the instruction book from Topfield? I?ve studied Mystuff, in fact I?ve been awake all night studying (Only joking) but the remote in the instructions is different with the 5810.
Any ideas why I can?t programme it to record?
Take care,
Derek.

juwlz
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Karvindon wrote:
I click yes and only the programme I?m trying to pre record comes up as there are no other set recordings.
Classic duplicate channel symptoms.

As Andy says, use FSG to only scan from one transmitter. (And then delete anything else you don't want to avoid getting memory issues too - follow the link to see why.)

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
juwlz
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:49 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10802 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Karvindon wrote:
Now come on Andy its me the thick one your dealing with.
If you could put it into baby language and tell me on how to get into FastScanGUI as I?m not sure if I?m even scanning in the programs properly.
Exit MyStuff (the last option - assuming default settings, press Info, then Menu then Up to get to the last option, then OK).

Press Archive.
Press << to get to TAPS in /ProgramFiles
Select the Utilities folder, using the Up/Down keys and OK
Select FastScanGUI and press OK
Find your local transmitter and the entry for the most recent date in the past
Hit OK
Hit Record
Press OK again to confirm (WITHOUT moving the cursor - Yes is the default).

Julie

Karvindon
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Hi Julie
I think I'd better have a G&T before I start, I'll have to work out how to get Archive with this new remote.
I'm feeling a bit thick and silly at the moment.
Like I said, are the 5810 remote buttons the same as the 5800 if so which one gets me into archive
Take care,
Derek

juwlz
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
The pictures I can find aren't great, but I'm guessing it's the one below and to the left of the 0

andyfras
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
On the 5810 remote, Archive is on the right of the second row down in the lowest group of buttons.

First press is MyStuff archive, second press is native archive, then use >> button to Program Files. You'll see a Utilities folder with FastscanGUI in it. Run it as per Julie's instructions above.

Once Fastscan has run, find Channel Organiser in the utilities folder in order to help you delete the 'dross' channels (vital on a 5810 running MyStuff).

Then reboot your Toppy to let MyStuff find the remaining channels.

andyfras
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
The pictures I can find aren't great, but I'm guessing it's the one below and to the left of the 0

That's the Info button.

Karvindon
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Well I?m totally confused, I?m thinking now I haven?t loaded all of MyStuff properly.
When you say ?Exit MyStuff? the last option I can?t find anywhere to exit it.
How do I bring up MyStuff options?
All I can do is press Menu on the remote and it takes me into the horrible gray/brown Topfield Menu.
I go into settings and I can?t find anything relating to exit MyStuff, Archive or MyStuff am I thick?

andyfras
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
When on any MyStuff screen (EPG, Archive, Timers) press Menu and it will take you to the MyStuff menu. Go up from the A options and you will on Z options; Z8 is Exit MyStuff.

Karvindon
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Hi Andy
Success, I knew how to get into the Mystuff setting but thought we were talking about something else.
So when I?m in the MyStuff setting I have to (According to Julie) to press Archive and I don?t know how to do this.
Is it on the remote?
I know this is a bit of a bind but I would like to take it one step at a time if you don?t mind.
Thanks
Derek