Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAPs  ~  http://www.tapworld.net/ The Most Complete TAP Directory!

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Janilxx,

I see you your site you list beta releases of TAPs. Can you say where these come from on the site? The reason I ask is I guess they come from a Forum and it would be good to read the thread that comes with them. For example I use Automove. There is a new beta out on your page but I do not know what the differences are. Happy's home page doesn't even have the version listed and the ZIP file readme doesn't contain the info.

Cheers

Chunkywizard

janilxx
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Aug 2005 Posts: 724
chunkywizard wrote:
Hi Janilxx,

I see you your site you list beta releases of TAPs. Can you say where these come from on the site? The reason I ask is I guess they come from a Forum and it would be good to read the thread that comes with them. For example I use Automove. There is a new beta out on your page but I do not know what the differences are. Happy's home page doesn't even have the version listed and the ZIP file readme doesn't contain the info.

Hi,

TAPs are found from UK, Germany (trying to find out new TAPs without knowing the language), Australian and Finnish forums. Many beta TAPs are also descriped in TAP's own page. Unfortunately some of these TAPs doesn't have own page or readme Sad

Some TAPs are marked as unofficial in TAPWorld (like automove's new beta). These TAPs has usually homepage, but unofficial version is not there.

Some TAPs has been discussed in many threads in forums so it is quite hard to add links to all those threads into TAPWorld. It is even quite hard to keep track of the TAP changes...

If TAP is beta and has regular updates, it will quite likely become "official" version sometime and then it usually has manual in some form. Mature enough beta might also have manual. Even some betas has manuals in the very first versions.

Summa summarum: I will not add forum links to TAPWorld, sorry. I still hope TAPWorld is helping users to find out TAPs and find out what is happening in TAP world and what TAPs might become useful when they are final versions.

Most of the new TAPs can be found from this UK forum and from Australian forum:
http://www.topfield-australia.com.au/frm/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=8
(might need registration)

Someone might also want to see german board:
http://board.topfield.de/viewforum.php?f=30

There has been 3 Finnish TAPs so there is not so much need to follow Finnish forum. And it is quite hard to trasnlate Finnish to English also.
chunkywizard
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:26 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Janilxx,

thanks for the explanation. I read the Australian board from time to time, but never the German one. Happy is German so that's where the info will be Confused

I will take my risks with the new beta and keep my fingers crossed Very Happy

Thanks for TAPWorld,

Chunkywizard

chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
Hi Janilxx,

I see you are having problems with people using your report old version button. Prehaps you should have a text field so they can say who they are and where they saw the new version, this would surely help. I myself have only used it once and I hope you found the new version!!

Cheers

Chunkywizard

janilxx
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote
chunkywizard wrote:

I see you are having problems with people using your report old version button. Prehaps you should have a text field so they can say who they are and where they saw the new version, this would surely help. I myself have only used it once and I hope you found the new version!!

The problem is that users seem to use the report button even there is no updates. For example yesterday I got report about old ProjectX but there surely is no newer version that TAPWorld has (0.90.3). I don't think the textfields would prevent them using the buttons.
Actually I get IP address from the reporters (hopefully this doesn't hurt anyones privacy) and it seems to be so that we have many stupid reporters (even some reporters use buttons more than once).

I really don't know why users are using those buttons. Maybe my guideline for that button is not clear enough. There is not so many TAP users (rough estimate: 1500 - 3000 ) so I was hoping there would not be these idiots. It takes always a little of my time to check every reported TAP (even it is usually quite easy).

Now I have new report button above recent changes. That button is quite favorite already now Shocked
Hopefully that helps.

If this reporting gets worse I have to design something else or remove the reporting system (which would mean less updates).

PS. I have found the reported version if it apperars into the TAPWorld in the next 1-3 update.
fozzybear
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:14 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 211 Location: Midlands, UK.
Is it just me or is the site down atm?

• Taps ChannelRemover v0.4.
  • EPG: eit2mei Beta v7.2 & MEI 0.47
  • TV: LG RZ-32LZ55 32" LG LCD HDTV
  • DVD: CyberHome CD-DVD 505
  • Sound: Cambridge Soundworks DTT 3500 5.1
janilxx
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:58 am Reply with quote
fozzybear wrote:
Is it just me or is the site down atm?

There were some problems at the weekend but at least currently it seems to be working.
janilxx
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Would anyone want to help maintaining or even improving TAPWorld?

If yes, please let me know and I will add my TODO list items *) into TAPWorld and make some changes and allow you to get access into TAPWorld sources.

If no, I don't bother to make those changes as fast as if there would be yes answers (I have already added missing items into TAPWorld very slowly Surprised )

*) add missing and update some TAPs/programs

PS. I am open for all kind of improvement ideas unless they take my time Razz
janilxx
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quote
Feedback for new site can be given also here.
Sigittarius-E
Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 19 Apr 2006 Posts: 62 Location: Austria
Hi janilxx,

the URL for Tapworld.net on the German Topfield Wiki is now correct.

my own TAPs: TSBProtector, CheckAndCreateTimer, SimpleCharEditor, SetCryptFlag, ToggleRecHeader, ExportBookmark
janilxx
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote
Sigittarius-E wrote:

the URL for Tapworld.net on the German Topfield Wiki is now correct.

Thanks! I was hoping that also that URL will be changed when I added the "change your links" news into TAPWorld.

Because of the feedback I usually get from german forum, I did not have the courage to ask the change there. Months ago I asked wiki admins to add TAPWorld link to that wiki, no-one replied or added it. Luckily one (don't remember who anymore) german user added the link there. And as you can imagine, there was no reply at all when I asked editor rights for that wiki...
janilxx
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
janilxx wrote:
Would anyone want to help maintaining or even improving TAPWorld?

We have currently one guy that monitors Australian forum and makes changes found from there into TAPWorld. Another guy is taking care of the background systems. I am monitoring this, German and Finnish forums.

Is anyone willing to do same kind of monitoring for this forum?
How about German forum?

I do not understand German at all so if someone would like to monitor German forum it would help a lot.

Or is someone willing to improve current descriptions in TAPWorld?

If you want to become a part of TAPWorld crew, please let me know!
janilxx
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quote
You have had a chance to vote for new TAPWorld features in TAPWorld. Your wishes has been heared and actions has been made. It is now possible to comment and review TAPs and other items using new commentary feature. Only registered users can send comments and reviews. Please use Login Form on the right side of TAPWorld's homepage to register and start commenting. Have fun!

Please note that TAPWorld is not a place for bug reports or feature requests. Bug reports and feature requests has to be done in Topfield forums or by emails as before. Only appropriate comments and reviews are welcomed into TAPWorld.
bellissimo
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 May 2005 Posts: 1997 Location: Reading
Is there a way of seeing all the reviews in one place, without having to check all TAPs individually?

Media Manager, Font Manager, Super PiP link: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~bellissimo
janilxx
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote
bellissimo wrote:
Is there a way of seeing all the reviews in one place, without having to check all TAPs individually?

Currently no Sad

There is however RSS feed for every TAPs' comments (or other items' comments) so it should help a little when users are trying to find out for example if there is new comments in TAPs

EDIT: Now there is RSS feed that can be used to see last comments.
http://www.tapworld.net/index.php?option=com_akocomment&task=feed

We will add a link to this feed later.

There may still to be some problems with comments. Hopefully we can solve all of them today.

Last edited by janilxx on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total