Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page
 
Author Message

<  TAPs  ~  BlankStuff - a TAP to kill Live TV unless you want it

Page 1 of 1
MarkPax
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Posts: 520
Do you never watch Live TV? BlankStuff might be for you. Most PVRs insist on showing you Live TV when you don't want it. The Toppy is particularly bad at this, and wants you to see or hear Live when you delete a programme, press stop, or boot up. The Toppy also likes you to see and hear what's being played or Live TV behind its menus.

I think is a Marmite question:- lots of people like the Toppy behaving this way, some of us find it very annoying. For that latter set of people there is BlankStuff. I wrote it specifically to kill Live TV for MyStuff users (note, it only works properly with MyStuff, though most of it should work with the "vanilla" Toppy menus). The idea is to turn your Toppy into a "playback machine". It won't ever show you Live TV unless you specifically ask it to. Everything you see on the screen is either a blank, black screen, a recording playing back, or a MyStuff menu. The only time you'll see Live is if you specifically tell the Toppy to go to a Live TV channel.

BlankStuff also adds a couple of tweaks I wanted:- it ramps the volume up over about a second whenever playback starts or resumes; it gives you a quick delete button on White; and it kills the Stop key in playback (I always found it annoying).

It's my first TAP, so please don't laugh at my coding skills. At the moment there are no configuration menus or stuff like that. It does what it does. I'd welcome your feedback though, one day I might get around to a configuration menu, but that looks hard!

Thanks to ChunkyWizard for hosting it here, and to simonc for having the idea of using Teletext channels for a blank screen, I borrowed that idea from his excellent QuickBlank TAP.

www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/MarkPax/BlankStuff2.5.zip

_________________
TF5800t, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +PeR0UUuWfZ
TAPs: TAP Commander 1.34; TommyFF v2.1; BlankStuff v2.5; MyInfo B5.5; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.53;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/5/11
View user's profile Send private message
BubblenSqueak
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Mar 2006 Posts: 67 Location: Hampshire
Hi MarkPax, I have been using this tap for a few days and can't get it to work with MS6.4 properly. These are the 2 main problems...

Can I have the STOP key back as I can't figure out how to go onto the next recording when I have selected several from MS. normally I would press STOP and it would go onto 2, 3, 4, etc.

Also, now when I stop the recording with Archive, it goes to Searches by Name. If I can't have STOP key back, can the Archive go to the right page as it doesn't allow me to delete the just-watched file automatically. At the moment I have to press White to stop the recording and then Archive to bring it up to delete it.

_________________
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; Standby v1.8; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 27/9/13
?
View user's profile Send private message
MarkPax
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Posts: 520
BubblenSqueak wrote:
Hi MarkPax, I have been using this tap for a few days and can't get it to work with MS6.4 properly. These are the 2 main problems...

Can I have the STOP key back as I can't figure out how to go onto the next recording when I have selected several from MS. normally I would press STOP and it would go onto 2, 3, 4, etc.

hmmm, not something I ever thought about, I'll look into it (might take a while though)
BubblenSqueak wrote:
Also, now when I stop the recording with Archive, it goes to Searches by Name. If I can't have STOP key back, can the Archive go to the right page as it doesn't allow me to delete the just-watched file automatically. At the moment I have to press White to stop the recording and then Archive to bring it up to delete it.

That's odd. It always goes back to the Archive for me & for the other user (there's only one I think) Smile
What are your MyStuff settings L4, L11, L12? I wonder if one of those could be to blame. Certainly there's an option for a long press of Archive to take you to a search screen, which I don't use.

_________________
TF5800t, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +PeR0UUuWfZ
TAPs: TAP Commander 1.34; TommyFF v2.1; BlankStuff v2.5; MyInfo B5.5; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.53;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/5/11
View user's profile Send private message
BubblenSqueak
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Mar 2006 Posts: 67 Location: Hampshire
MarkPax wrote:
BubblenSqueak wrote:
Also, now when I stop the recording with Archive, it goes to Searches by Name. If I can't have STOP key back, can the Archive go to the right page as it doesn't allow me to delete the just-watched file automatically. At the moment I have to press White to stop the recording and then Archive to bring it up to delete it.

That's odd. It always goes back to the Archive for me & for the other user (there's only one I think) Smile
What are your MyStuff settings L4, L11, L12? I wonder if one of those could be to blame. Certainly there's an option for a long press of Archive to take you to a search screen, which I don't use.


That cracked it! L4=No, L11= tried both, L12= turned to Off, now it works!

Could I suggest that options should be included in the zip file?

_________________
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; Standby v1.8; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 27/9/13
?
View user's profile Send private message
MarkPax
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:34 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Nov 2010 Posts: 520
You have spotted BlankStuff's Achilles heel.... it was written by someone with next to no coding skills, and therefore is very inflexible and pretty shoddy all round.

I usually end up doing custom versions.... I'll do you one with the Stop key put back. What version are you running?

Mark

_________________
TF5800t, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +PeR0UUuWfZ
TAPs: TAP Commander 1.34; TommyFF v2.1; BlankStuff v2.5; MyInfo B5.5; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.53;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 19/5/11
View user's profile Send private message
BubblenSqueak
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 10 Mar 2006 Posts: 67 Location: Hampshire
My signature is up to date apart from Blankstuff 2.5

_________________
TF5800, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009
TAPs: PcControl B1.3; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; TF5000 Display v1.53; EPG2MEI v0.96; Standby v1.8; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MHEG On/Off A3; QuickJump 1.72; MyInfo B5.6; SecCache (UK) v0.4; MyStuff 6.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 27/9/13
?
View user's profile Send private message

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum