Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  Quickblank problem

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
SonicLife
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Posts: 1262
Not sure if Simon ever considered this to have made it out of development so I am posting this here rather than the main tap forum. I also cannot find a specific thread for it as it spun out of http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10815 so I am starting this new thread.

Recently I have started having problem with QB not working on some channels, and it seems to be all mux 2, I expect something has changed by the broadcasters to mess this up, or it could be 5810 related as I never saw this on my 5800.

Any ideas?

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 403
I have also seen this of late, but hadn't got round to gathering decent evidence.

TAPs: QuickJump 1.72; MPDisplayLITE V1.2; QuickBlank 0.2; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MHEG On/Off A3; (Start Channel LCN);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/3/12
TV=Panasonic TX-32DT2 IDTV (32" CRT via CVBS-SCART), Tx: Sutton Coldfield. "My other PVR is a TiVo".
simonc
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5640 Location: Cheltenham
I've not seen the problem here. Are you both on the same transmitter or on a post DSO transmitter?

What's the nature of the failure? It might just be a case of recreating the blank channel for mux 2.
SonicLife
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I am using Crystal Palace, so pre-dso.

It just does nothing, as if you had not pressed the key.

If I knew how to create blank channels on the 5810 I am sure that would work fine, but I don't think topset does 5810s.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 May 2008 Posts: 403
Right, some info.

Sutton Coldfield:-

Mux 1 (CH41) on pressing 0 goes to LCN105 (Blank)
Mux 2 (CH44) on pressing 0 nothing happens
Mux A (CH47) on pressing 0 goes to LCN101 (Blank)
Mux B (CH51) on pressing 0 goes to LCN303 (Blank)
Mux C (CH52) on pressing 0 nothing happens
Mux D (CH55) on pressing 0 goes to LCN300 (Blank)

Hope this helps as this is a brilliant TAP.

Chris.

TAPs: QuickJump 1.72; MPDisplayLITE V1.2; QuickBlank 0.2; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MHEG On/Off A3; (Start Channel LCN);
Sig generated by MyInfo on 14/3/12
TV=Panasonic TX-32DT2 IDTV (32" CRT via CVBS-SCART), Tx: Sutton Coldfield. "My other PVR is a TiVo".
simonc
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I'd guess that there aren't any blank channels that correspond to Muxes 2 and C.

Does the BlankChannel TAP included with the QB download work on a 5810? If it doesn't we'll need some help from EMJB or Firebird or to ask Aldarin to update TopSet to work with a 5810.
EMJB
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:14 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 3639 Location: Maldon Essex
I had completely forgotten how the BlankChannel TAP worked, and have had a quick look at the code to see if I can see what I was trying to do.

simonc wrote:
I'd guess that there aren't any blank channels that correspond to Muxes 2 and C.

It looks as if the channel to mux aassociations are hard-coded, so if the channels have moved round (e.g as part of preparation for digital changover) it could get the name wrong, but I would still expect blank channel to be generated. Could those with missing blanks please post:

(1) What numbered channels they have in the LCN 900 series?

(2) What are their names?

(3) What mux are they actually on?

The "MyInfo Channel Data.txt" in "/PF/Logs" will contain the necessary info for MyInfo users.

simonc wrote:
Does the BlankChannel TAP included with the QB download work on a 5810?
I suspect it would display "Flash Initialisation failure", and then close down. We need a brave volunteer to try it (someone who is prepared to do a factory reset and rescan if things go wrong!). Given that information, I think I can make it work on a 5810.

EMJB
simonc
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote
Yes, QB will try to use the dedicated blank channels created by the BlankChannel TAP in the range 900-912. If they don't exist, it'll fall back to using the following, now slightly outdated, list:
Code:
300, 100, 101, 103, 104, 105, 108, 303, 304, 305
SonicLife
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:37 am Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
simonc wrote:
Does the BlankChannel TAP included with the QB download work on a 5810?
I suspect it would display "Flash Initialisation failure", and then close down.
That's exactly what it does, I did try before creating this thread but forgot to say. So I don't have any channels in the 900s.

I believe there is a blank channel in the 300s that would work, but it is not in the hard coded list. Will work it out later when I have time time play with the toppy.

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quote
If you can identify the correct channel numbers, you can hack them into the TAP using a hex editor. The channel numbers start at offset 31E6.
EMJB
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote
For the really brave, there is an experimental version of the BlankChannel TAP here which I have modified in the hope that it will work on TF5810s (and 5800s with FV+ firmware).

Let me know whether it works!

EMJB
SonicLife
Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
For the really brave, there is an experimental version of the BlankChannel TAP here which I have modified in the hope that it will work on TF5810s (and 5800s with FV+ firmware).
What's the worst that could happen? If it's just a factory reset I'll give it a go.

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote
SonicLife wrote:
EMJB wrote:
What's the worst that could happen? If it's just a factory reset I'll give it a go.

I don't think it should be worse than a factory reset, but cannot provide any guarrantee. None of my other TAPs that have performed similar mucking about with the flash memory have got me into more serious problems.

EMJB
SonicLife
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:50 pm Reply with quote
EMJB wrote:
Tried it with no luck, still gave the flash initialisation failure, then my toppy went funny and took several reboots to sort itself out.

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quote
SonicLife wrote:
EMJB wrote:
Tried it with no luck, still gave the flash initialisation failure, then my toppy went funny and took several reboots to sort itself out.

Sorry about that - will se if I can find some way of fiddling my 5800 to make it look like a 5810 for purpose of testing the special 5810 code.

EMJB