Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Satellite receivers, cable boxes and PVRs  ~  Will the TMS SRP2100 ever fully support Freesat?

Page 1 of 1
cyberpieman
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
.....or have I got a 600 brick? Sad
Nice box & TAP support appears to be growing, but no EPG or red-button support.

Anyone got the skinny on upcoming developments?

Ta
C
kermit
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 972 Location: Brisbane, Australia
I think your the first 2100 owner to post here. Down Under we have three TMS models but they are terrestial boxes. The only thing in common are some of the TAPs.

TF5000PVRt 500GB March '09 f/w
jumbo
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Posts: 4731
cyberpieman wrote:
.....or have I got a 600 brick? Sad
Nice box & TAP support appears to be growing, but no EPG or red-button support.
Did you not realise that there was no Freesat support before you forked out 600 smackers? Why not get the EPG from Radio Times? For a fee, you might be able to get the EPG support TAP authors to upgrade their TAPs Wink Of course other Freesat boxes are now providing iPlayer support too so Topfield will have a lot of catching up to do.
cyberpieman
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quote
jumbo wrote:
Did you not realise that there was no Freesat support before you forked out 600 smackers?

Actually. it was a crimbo present (I'd been looking a new box as my 5800 is creaking a bit at the edges (think the cam belt needs replacing - due for its MOT at least)).

Moved house & there was a sat dish all wired up, so the other half decided it would be a good idea to get some new toys - she is blond Wink

Anyway, aside from a bit of very nice HD from Aunty this machine is a bit of an elephant as I can't use it to record anything but the current or immediately next prog (the fact that I can get to it via the network though is brill and once I've set up the router being able to access it remotely will be ace).

Now if I could port MyStuff to the thing & get an alternative EPG that'd be a start.
simonc
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Posts: 5639 Location: Cheltenham
If you could get EPG Uploader ported to the 2100, you'd at least be able to get a working EPG.
kermit
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:01 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 972 Location: Brisbane, Australia
simonc wrote:
If you could get EPG Uploader ported to the 2100, you'd at least be able to get a working EPG.

I think EPG Uploader has been ported for the 2400. Search the new Australian Topfield forum.

TF5000PVRt 500GB March '09 f/w
cyberpieman
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quote
thanks chaps - I'll have a look at the Oz forums, but I suspect I'll have to get my programming hat on & write something. Ho hum Confused