Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Satellite receivers, cable boxes and PVRs  ~  Topfield SRP-2100 Q's also Sat Dish Q's

Page 1 of 1
monnydk
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 30 Sep 2008 Posts: 25
Hi,

Q1: I want to ask a few Q's about the Topfield SRP-2100. I've looked around at its specs and although I'd like to have an all in one box and want to upgrade to sat. Is the price been charged not to much?
Can anyone please point out what the benefits are as I think I might be missing something?!?

Q2: I have a digital Sky Dish which I know picks up free channels.
What I want to know is, with dual tuners for sat. Will one Sat Dish do the trick or does it have to be a Twin LNB?
andyfras
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3450
monnydk wrote:
Q2: I have a digital Sky Dish which I know picks up free channels.
What I want to know is, with dual tuners for sat. Will one Sat Dish do the trick or does it have to be a Twin LNB?

You need a separate feed from the dish to each tuner. You can buy a quad LNB to replace your single LNB or, if your dish is quite old, you can buy a complete dish and quad LNB for less than 20 on eBay. You will need to run the additional cable(s) too.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
kermit
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:38 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 972 Location: Brisbane, Australia
monnydk wrote:
Can anyone please point out what the benefits are as I think I might be missing something?!?

It's a TAPable high-def dual-tuner satelite Toppy.

TF5000PVRt 500GB March '09 f/w