Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
deangelj
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:15 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Mar 2005 Posts: 316 Location: Sydney, Australia
Hi guys,

[Edit: 5/11/09 - new version improves some screen views]

Here's a port of tonymy01's epg_upload tap for the 2400 - v3.15:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~deangelj/downloads/Files/EPG_upload3.15rls3-2400.zip

About EPG_upload
This TAP has a number of functions which are documented within the readme file in the kit, one of which is the ability to remotely load timers via a file sent to the PVR (99999999.tgd). It is this feature which has been tested so far. See the readme.rtf for the file format required.

Configuration
Configuration is done via an ini file (epg_upload.ini). This should be stored in the /ProgramFiles folder. Additionally, you can press the Exit key to bring a menu of options to configure.

Installation
If you are using release firmware 1.06 or later then use EPG_upload.tap. For earlier firmware use EPG_uploadX.tap.

Upload the TAP to the ProgramFiles folder and manually start the TAP from the PVR. This is done by going into the filelist and pressing >> until you get to the "Program Files" view. Then press OK on the tap file to start it. You should then see a screen showing you the settings. The TAP is now active. If you want to stop the TAP press OK on the TAP again and OK again.

When you're happy with it move the tap to the AutoStart folder to automatically start the TAP every time you restart the box.

Changes in v3.15 rls3 build 5/11

• Improve colours of screen displays
  • Fix some menu display issues

PS. many thanks to Tony for making his code available

Last edited by deangelj on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
tonymy01
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Mar 2005 Posts: 243 Location: Sydney, Australia. Toppy 5K owner.
Well done! I will have to see how you tidied it up (and maybe get some coding tips also Smile ) and try to incorp #ifdef in my future versions to try to have the one code stream support both PVRs.

deangelj
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:57 am Reply with quote
tonymy01 wrote:
Well done! I will have to see how you tidied it up (and maybe get some coding tips also Smile ) and try to incorp #ifdef in my future versions to try to have the one code stream support both PVRs.

"tidied it up" - lol !! No, I just got it to compile and show a screen Smile - I'll post the source in the zip as well (not there currently).
deangelj
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:01 am Reply with quote
source is now included in the kit
vdeknock
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2006 Posts: 146 Location: Perth Australia
If this works I need to get TEDS+ modified to allow selection which unit to uploaded the timer file to as I still run a 5k.

Will mean that some work would be needed on the logic such as choose HD first type mode.

If I also remember rightly EPG_Loader 3.15 does not allow the sync check to work?

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
vdeknock wrote:
If this works I need to get TEDS+ modified to allow selection which unit to uploaded the timer file to as I still run a 5k.

Will mean that some work would be needed on the logic such as choose HD first type mode.

If I also remember rightly EPG_Loader 3.15 does not allow the sync check to work?

I don't know what the sync check is Vincent.
vdeknock
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Oct 2006 Posts: 146 Location: Perth Australia
TEDS+ keeps a check of what timers are on the toppy and what time. It then deletes and adjust timers if the programming changes.

I need to find some time to create a new install of TEDS+ that looks just at the 2400.

From TEDS+

TEDS Suite
IMPORTANT: TED+ and TEDS+ have some significant differences from all previous
versions. Whether you are a TED/S veteran or novice it is important you read this complete
document before running TED+ or TEDS+ for the first time.
Post-Install Checks
As part of the installation of TEDS Suite, three files are copied to the Topfield PVR. Before
restarting the Topfield PVR please check to ensure all files were successfully copied. The first
file is located in the main TEDS Suite program folder (default is C:\Program Files\TEDS
Suite). The other two files are located in the EPG_Uploader folder in the Common
Application Data folder. This folder is different depending on your Operating System:
Win2K, XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEDS Suite
Vista: C:\ProgramData\TEDS Suite
1. TScheck.dat is copied from the main program folder to the EPGdata folder on the
Topfield.
2. epg_upload.ini is copied from either the EPG_Uploader\TF5000 or
EPG_Uploader\TF6000 folder (depending on your Toppy model) to the ProgramFiles
folder on the Topfield.
3. EPG_upload.tap is copied from either the EPG_Uploader\TF5000 or
EPG_Uploader\TF6000 folder (depending on your Toppy model) to the
"ProgramFiles\Auto Start" folder on the Topfield.
If any of the files did not copy correctly you will need to copy them to the Toppy manually.
Once you have verified that the files are correct you need to turn the Topfield off then on
again so that the EPG_Uploader TAP is loaded into memory.
Pre-FirstRun Procedure
TED+ and TEDS+ remember what timers they have uploaded to the Toppy. This enables
TEDS+ to display the list of current timers in the Programme Guide and enables the
AutoResolve Timer Clash procedure to function properly.
To enable TED+ and TEDS+ to keep the timers in-sync (what they know and what is on the
Toppy) you must manually delete all the recording-type timers from the Toppy before running
TED+ for the first time.
Five Things You Must Know
This information can also be found in the TEDS Suite Help file.
1. TED+ and TEDS+ do not create timers on the Toppy. They merely transmits text files of
information to and from the Toppy. The actual creation of the timers is a function of the
EPG_Uploader TAP (Topfield Application Program) which has been written by Tony
(tonymy01 from the Toppy forum).
2. When TED+ or TEDS+ upload timers to the Toppy they are actually transferring a text
file with information on the timers to be created. The timers don't actually exist on the
Toppy until the text file is processed by the TAP. The TAP is set to check for the
existence of the timer text file (99999999.tgd) every 5 minutes.
3. In order to check that any uploaded timers have been properly created by the TAP, TED+
has a Timer Processing Report and TEDS+ has the Toppy Timers and Timers Sync Check
displays. These provide confirmation that the timers have been created.
4. If there is ever a problem creating any of the timers on the Toppy then TED+, TEDS+ and
the Toppy become out-of-sync. In other words, one or more of the timers that TED+ and
TEDS+ believe to be on the Toppy will not exist. If TED+, TEDS+ and the Toppy ever
become out-of-sync then it may cause problems with the AutoResolve Timer Clash
process.
5. If you manually delete a timer on the Toppy (ie. via the Toppy's remote control) that was
uploaded by TED+ or TEDS+ then the timers will be out-of-sync. If you want to delete a
timer that was created by TED+ or TEDS+ then it must be deleted by them. This is
usually done by changing the Favourite conditions or by deleting the Favourite altogether.
You will then need to do a Favourites Search and Upload.
The EPG_Uploader TAP
The EPG_Uploader TAP is an essential requirement for the correct operation of TEDS Suite.
Though it is bundled with TEDS Suite it is a separate application programmed by tonymy01.
Whilst it is free, a donation would greatly encourage Tony to continue supporting it. His
website is at http://tonyspage.abock.de/
PLEASE: Be sure to familiarise yourself with the EPG_Uploader TAP's README document.
It is in the EPG_Uploader folder, under the main TEDS Suite folder.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:28 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 972 Location: Brisbane, Australia
deangelj wrote:
Here's a port of tonymy01's epg_upload tap for the 2400 - v3.15: http://members.iinet.net.au/~deangelj/downloads/Files/EPG_upload3.15-2400.zip

Well done John. Any reason you started with an older version. I note v3.26 is the current version on TAPWorld. Speaking of TAPWorld I guess it is up to Tony to now update his entry with this TMS version.

TF5000PVRt 500GB March '09 f/w
tonymy01
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 23 Mar 2005 Posts: 243 Location: Sydney, Australia. Toppy 5K owner.
All the 3.26 versions use libraries like the "exTAP" and libfirebird which tap into the MIPS code in memory. I think 3.15rls2 was the last version that used the stock API.

kermit
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Posts: 972 Location: Brisbane, Australia
vdeknock wrote:

Vincent, send John an email. You'll find his address on the TEDS Suite page.

kermit
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:35 am Reply with quote
tonymy01 wrote:
All the 3.26 versions use libraries like the "exTAP" and libfirebird which tap into the MIPS code in memory. I think 3.15rls2 was the last version that used the stock API.
That explains the exTAP error message I see when EPG_Uploader starts up.

jpp
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:42 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Sep 2009 Posts: 138 Location: Sydney, Australia
deangelj wrote:
vdeknock wrote:

I don't know what the sync check is Vincent.

As Vince said, the way to look at TED+ is really a local PC version of ICETV.

It should be a bit easier for John to rewrite TED+ for the 2400 as there is already a WEB interface, i.e. just mimmick the way it's done now with a browser. You can set and delete timers via the browser.

It the comms needs to be done via FTP, then it's like using the IceBox2 which is currently supported by TED+.

It may be trickier to do via USB as John will need to learn how to tap into the appropriate API(s).

tonymy01
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote
TED will work fine using FTP. I was using ftpd-topfield of course, on a slug, you don't need an icebox. As long as it deals ok with the nuances of the ftp daemon running on the Toppy, it should be fine with no changes necessary.

gibster
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 03 Oct 2009 Posts: 69 Location: Cairns, QLD AU
Anyone tried this on their 2400 yet?

Just checking again Smile

gibster
Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 03 Oct 2009 Posts: 69 Location: Cairns, QLD AU
Hello? Any word on EPG_Uploader yet?