Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  What Does the Installer do?

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
Hi Folks,

I wrote this for Bo but thought others might find it interesting. Below is what Option 1 of the installer actually does. As you will see it's not rocket science, it's just copying some files, but it is the easiest way to get the full experience.

[Edit] Changed to reflect the new changes for MS6.5.

Option 1:

1. Deletes all .lnk files if present.

2. Backup Mystuff.tap, MyStuff.dat, EPG2MEI.ini, logo.dat and smlogo.dat to \ProgramFiles\Settings\MyStuff\OldCopy. Backup SDS.tap, SDS.ini and SDS.lng to \ProgramFiles\Settings\MyStuff\OldCopy and then delete them

3. Download the latest TAP files from http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/MyStuff65.zip

checks if eit2mei is in Auto Start. If so deletes it and copies MyStuff_FreshInstall.dat to \ProgramFiles\Settings\MyStuff\. This tells MyStuff to set EPG=EPG.mei

checks to see if SDS is in Auto Start. If so deletes it and backs it and the .ini up to \ProgramFiles\Settings\MyStuff\OldCopy

Copy EPG2MEI.tap to Auto Start

If there an EPG2MEI.ini in Auto Start or \ProgramFiles\Settings\EPG2MEI do nothing else copy EPG2MEI.ini to \ProgramFiles\Settings\

Check to see if there is an EPG.mei. If there isn't then download it from the internet and install.

Copy MyStuff.tap to Auto Start

4. Download Logos from http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/Logos/logo.dat and http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/Logos/smlogo.dat

Copy them to \ProgramFiles\Settings\Logos\

5. Download skins from www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/Skins.zip

Copy them to \ProgramFiles\Settings\Skins\ (but don't overwrite)

6. Download FavLists from: www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/FavLists.zip

Copy them to \ProgramFiles\Settings\MyStuff\FavLists\ (but don't overwrite)

7. Optional SecCache and EIT_Sub Install

Download TAP from www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/InstallerExtras.zip

Copy seccacheUK.tap and eit_sub.tap to Auto Start

8. Optional Font Manager install

Download TAP and fonts from: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/Fonts.zip

Copy FontManager.tap to Auto Start

Copy fonts to \ProgramFiles\Settings\Fonts\

Copy FontManager.ini to \ProgramFiles\Settings\

9. Optional Extend install

Download TAP from www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/InstallerExtras.zip

Copy Extend.tap to Auto Start

Copy Extend.ini to \ProgramFiles\Settings\ (but don't overwrite)

10. MyInfo Install

Copy MyInfo.tap to Auto Start

Copy MyInfo.ini to \ProgramFiles\Settings\

11. Optional Utilities install

These are: HDD_Info, Signal Monitor, Channel Organiser, FastScanGUI, TAP Commander, SerialTransfer and FwLoad and will be loaded in /ProgramFiles/Utilities

They are loaded from: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/Utilities.zip

12. Delete TAPs replaced by Firmware patches

These are: RemoteExtenderMHEG.tap, RemoteExtender.tap, DescriptionExtender.tap, mheg_state.tap, EITDupFix.tap, AccurateBM.tap

13. Load Firmware

Make sure there are no .tfp files in \ProgramFiles\InstallerFirmware or sub directories

Download taps and patches from: www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/FwLoad.zip

Copy FwLoad.tap to Auto Start

Copy axel.tfd to /ProgramFiles/InstallerFirmware/

Copy [Ab ] [De] [Cp] [Sl] [Te] to \ProgramFiles\InstallerFirmware\Add\
Copy [Re] to \ProgramFiles\InstallerFirmware\Add\456\ and \Add\458\
Copy [Pe] to \ProgramFiles\InstallerFirmware\Add\457\

Download Firmware from: www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/Firmware/Recommended_5800.tfd or www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/Firmware/Recommended_5810.tfd and copy to \ProgramFiles\InstallerFirmware\

Reset the toppy.

HTH

CW

Last edited by chunkywizard on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 8 times in total

Toppy-boj
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 Jan 2006 Posts: 252
Thanks for this, my installer seemed to have problems so installed manually what I thought the installer did. Now with this I can double check I have all things and in the right places.

danielsbrewer
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Dec 2005 Posts: 205
Thats super usefulk for us non-windows folk

thesaint
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 15 Apr 2005 Posts: 366 Location: Darlington
Chunky can you tell me if the installer deletes eit2mei from autostart why is the option to scan epg on all channels in the Z3 i think calls upon eit2mei to work it but no longer does as its been deleted

TF5800[/b], F/W: MS6.4 Recommended F/W 2/6/2009 +CwFmOtTdVr
TAPs: Archive v1.0a; MyStuff 6.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B4.0; EIT Sub v0.6;

Models TF5800 x 3, 2 x160gB Black & 1 xSilver
chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
EPG2MEI works differently to eit2mei. You no longer need to scan as it just works. It's constantly looking for changes in the background and updates them as it finds them. I am sure R2 could provide more details, but that's the crux of it.

CW

thesaint
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote
So that option needs to be taken out of the menu on MS6.0 then or reworded. Mind ive also changed R1 to epgmei and done a restart but after two hours I cant get any epg info, if I switch back to freeview its fine but EPG2MEI doesnt seem to supplying the data, any ideas?, sorry ive not yet updated my sig but did the fullinstall on all three of my machines and the other two are working fine just one of them seems not to want to give me epg info with the crid data on epg2mei set on R1
Phil

TAPs: Archive v1.0a; MyStuff 6.4; EPG2MEI v0.96; SecCache (UK) v0.4; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MyInfo B4.0; EIT Sub v0.6;

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quote
That's why we grey it out if you are using EPG2MEI.

Maybe we need to reference eit2mei in the option, I'll see what Bob thinks.

CW

Darucla
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Jun 2007 Posts: 1543
The option remains for people who may just have manually loaded the tap, and still have eit2mei.

As to the EPG loading, it may be useful to look at EPG2MEI.ini in settings, to make sure it matches the MS Options.

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
Have you got an EPG.mei in /ProgramFiles? Or maybe a MyStuff.mei there (check the timestamp, if so)? If the "Debug" option is enabled in the EPG2MEI.ini (which might be in /ProgramFiles/Settings) then you'll get an EPG2MEI.log in the place where the TAP resides (/ProgramFiles/Auto Start, hopefully!) -- that'll let you know what's happening.

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 23 Sep 2006 Posts: 97 Location: Hampshire/Surrey/W.Sussex
I used the installer to put MS6 on my Toppy and it all went a bit too smooth.
I plugged it in, ran the installer, Option 1, then sat back and a couple of mins later it was up and running.
All my settings were in tact, all my CT's and Archive etc etc as it were in MS5.6.
It even completed within the adbreak of X2.

I thought i would need to at least do some copying or checking, but nothing.
Is that right ?

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
So you're complaining the process was too good? Confused Laughing

If it worked and reported everything was o.k. then sit back and enjoy (and check your EPG is set to EPG.mei as this is the main bug that's been found so far)

CW

Darucla
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Jun 2007 Posts: 1543
@Kinch

Don't tell the others, but that's way it should work. Cool

juwlz
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10801 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
thesaint wrote:
So that option needs to be taken out of the menu on MS6.0 then or reworded. Mind ive also changed R1 to epgmei and done a restart but after two hours I cant get any epg info, if I switch back to freeview its fine but EPG2MEI doesnt seem to supplying the data, any ideas?
Have you been frantically pressing buttons? Reboot, and then go away and make a cup of tea/coffee, go for a walk, do some housework or something Wink

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
thesaint
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
thesaint wrote:
So that option needs to be taken out of the menu on MS6.0 then or reworded. Mind ive also changed R1 to epgmei and done a restart but after two hours I cant get any epg info, if I switch back to freeview its fine but EPG2MEI doesnt seem to supplying the data, any ideas?
Have you been frantically pressing buttons? Reboot, and then go away and make a cup of tea/coffee, go for a walk, do some housework or something Wink

Julie

Or something Juwiz I do too much housework as it is now I'm retired, will just persevere with it left on overnight and hope it populates
Phil

R2-D2
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
If it's setup correctly and you leave the Toppy alone (and don't constantly press buttons!) it should take less than 10 minutes to do the very first update. However, that's with an optimal setup using EIT_Sub and SecCache -- using the native Topfield setup might take a while longer for things to "settle" (and even longer to be complete), but you'll only really notice this for the first ever run.