Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  MyStuff

Page 1 of 147
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147  Next
BobD
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
MyStuff and associated readme files and screenshots are available from http://www.my.opera.com/BobD
==================================

Last edited by BobD on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
BobD
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Jag has kindly agreed that I can use his csv. (Thanks Jag!)

Here is a link to the MyStuff Tap
http://www.geocities.com/bobshop371/MyStuff.zip.

Unzip the TAP to Program files (or if you are brave Smile Auto Start)

Additional Info

1) This TAP assumes that you have JAGs running in Auto Start
2) Change your JAGs setting so that it creates a csv file after each Start up (cant remember which setting this is, but is there near the end)
3) As a one off, get it to do an export now
4) Rename the wakeup timer for JAGs to be EPG (not really needed, but it makes my TAP display more meaningful info for this timer)
5) Unload ImproBox and QuickJump if you have them running
5) Load my TAP and play

Again, let me state that this is a beta. It is stable on my Toppy (so far), but if you do use it then please do so when not concerned about crashes!

Oh, some other points/limitations:

1) This TAP does not display locked state of recordings. (Not sure what would happen if you tried to delete one)
2) It does not yet cope with folders (a feature I just dont use yet, so didnt bother to code up)
3) It does not differentiate between timers set to record and timers set to act as reminders (it will just display them all)
4) It is for the 5800 only at this point#
5) There is currently no customisation of any of the features

Probably lots of other stuff I ought to mention, but cant think of them at the moment.

Please use this if you want to, and let me know any comments/suggestions you have, but please do consider it very much a beta version.

Cheers
andyfras
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3449
I've just tried it and it seems to work fine. I had to make sure that I exported the CSV file from Jag's EPG before firing up MyStuff else it couldn't find the Now/Next data.

Will running Bookmark2UK upset it?
TerminalMan
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Just tried it. Looks good so far. Reminds me of Sky + which I just got rid of. Not wishing to nit pick but your "Recordings By Time" list doesn't take into account the month - only the date, hence this happens....

18/7 Blah
19/7 Blah Blah
20/6 Blah Blah
21/7 Blah

Shame I just registered Improbox!!!

Good work.
BobD
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:
I've just tried it and it seems to work fine. I had to make sure that I exported the CSV file from Jag's EPG before firing up MyStuff else it couldn't find the Now/Next data.

Will running Bookmark2UK upset it?

Yup, the first time you will have to do the export by hand, and obviously the number of days ahead that JAGs scans will be the number of days ahead that Now & Next work.

Bookmark2UK? Well, since it traps the Stop key as does this one, they might not work too well side by side. Does Bookmark2uk do anything else but set the bookmark? If not, then this TAP covers that functionality by remembering where you are in each file you play.

Quote:
Just tried it. Looks good so far. Reminds me of Sky + which I just got rid of.

Glad you liked it! It was very much based on Sky+ which the girlfriend has. Sky+ has so got most of the interface right, which is why I nicked it! Must have got something right it it reminded you of it.

Quote:
Not wishing to nit pick but your "Recordings By Time" list doesn't take into account the month - only the date, hence this happens....

Thats not nit picking, thats a good point! I just don't have that many recordings on my Toppy as its quite new.

Fixed in the next version! (coming soon)

Cheers to you both
andyh
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 17 Jun 2005 Posts: 53 Location: Aberdeenshire
I like it - being able to see now and next data for all channels with the bulk of the screen still visible (to others!) will be popular in our house.

Maybe it's my age, and I appreciate that you don't want to fill the screen with text, but I'm stuggling a little with the font size.

I've tried Improbox but complexity/lack of instruction have put me off. I'll give this a go - thanks Bob.
BobD
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:40 pm Reply with quote
andyh wrote:
I like it - being able to see now and next data for all channels with the bulk of the screen still visible (to others!) will be popular in our house.

Maybe it's my age, and I appreciate that you don't want to fill the screen with text, but I'm stuggling a little with the font size.

I've tried Improbox but complexity/lack of instruction have put me off. I'll give this a go - thanks Bob.

I'm lucky in that my Toppy is connected to a 43inch plasma (so I can read the font quite easily!) Is it that hard to read on a normal sized screen?

ImproBox is very good indeed. I think it is only as complex as you want it to be. If you just use the i button (and perhaps the > button to see what is on next) then its not complex at all. If you want to use the other functions then you can, but if not, they dont really get in the way

An english manual is on the way I tbink, once Gerti has a release version.

But I'm glad you like this one!
andyh
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I can just read it on a 32inch screen at 4m. My girlfriend, who's an optician tells me it's my uncorrected -0.50 presciption (not much) that's the problem and she can read it fine.

re: Improbox - I just don't have time to search through a thread with 30+ pages of posts to find how to do something.
BobD
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
andyh wrote:
I can just read it on a 32inch screen at 4m. My girlfriend, who's an optician tells me it's my uncorrected -0.50 presciption (not much) that's the problem and she can read it fine.

OK. Totally off topic here, but could you ask her if she has heard of, and what she thinks of, the Bates Method of Natural Eyesight?

Quote:

re: Improbox - I just don't have time to search through a thread with 30+ pages of posts to find how to do something.

Thats no problem, just ask the question in the ImproBox forum and you'll get an answer. Or just ask in this one!
andyh
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote
BobD wrote:
andyh wrote:

OK. Totally off topic here, but could you ask her if she has heard of, and what she thinks of, the Bates Method of Natural Eyesight?

Highly sceptical..... "It's bo***cks! Physically impossible"
BobD
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy Thanks for asking!
Wildoat
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 18 Apr 2005 Posts: 532 Location: Diss / Tacolneston Transmitter
Thanks for this BobD.

I have given it a try and would agree with an earlier comment that the font is a bit small when you have the information box up (my TV is 27" I think) I would be happy for it to take more space and have a bigger font or is it possible to make it configurable? But excellent use of Jags EPG data.

Like the listing and look forward to it supporting folders (I have seperate ones for me, wife and films) - great feature re amount watched etc and starting where you finished.

Is it possible to edit timers? I may have missed it (I could delete) - that would be useful if not.

Only 'bug/feature' I found was if you bring up timers with JAGs EPG it also brings up yours and both try to be on screen at the same time.

W.
Smile
BobD
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Wildoat wrote:
Thanks for this BobD.

Hey, glad to put something back. And its nice if people like it!

Quote:
I have given it a try and would agree with an earlier comment that the font is a bit small when you have the information box up (my TV is 27" I think) I would be happy for it to take more space and have a bigger font or is it possible to make it configurable? But excellent use of Jags EPG data.

Yeah, I can up the font probably, but then not sure if it would all fit horizontally without looking a bit squashed up. The height isn't a problem as I can just list less than 10 per page, but width could be issue. I really like being able to see all the details on one line. What do you reckon?

Quote:
Like the listing and look forward to it supporting folders (I have seperate ones for me, wife and films) - great feature re amount watched etc and starting where you finished.
That is one of my fav parts of the system. Knowing how much of each program you have left is really useful. Folders for each member of the family - that actually makes sense. Folder support to come (eventually!)

Quote:
Is it possible to edit timers? I may have missed it (I could delete) - that would be useful if not.
No edit at the moment. This was very much a TAP to do my day to day stuff. I just call up JAGs or the Toppy built in stuff for everything else. Might add it later, but its really not high on my list.

Quote:
Only 'bug/feature' I found was if you bring up timers with JAGs EPG it also brings up yours and both try to be on screen at the same time.

Odd. I'm sure I tried that. So you run JAGs EPG (when my screen is not visible), press archive and both lists come up? Might be due to the different order of TAP loading. I will take a look at it tonight

Cheers
BobD
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Ah, sorry, small font when the info box is visible, not the timer list.

Ah, that makes more sense! Thats much easier to fix!

Currently, the whole box is done in the smallest font. Do you think it all needs to be bigger, or just certain parts (eg program name, or program description) (and if so, which parts)?
Wildoat
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:31 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 18 Apr 2005 Posts: 532 Location: Diss / Tacolneston Transmitter
BobD wrote:
Currently, the whole box is done in the smallest font. Do you think it all needs to be bigger, or just certain parts (eg program name, or program description) (and if so, which parts)?

Personally I would increase the font of all as its on the edge for me - just checked again and it is the description that is the smallest (others bold?) but it would benefit from Channel, time etc increasing as well.

As you say possible to edit elsewhere but look forward to folder support.

W. Smile