Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  Toppy.org.uk recommended firmwares

Page 3 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
chunkywizard
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:37 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
A slight tweak to the Recommended 5810 firmware: [Te] v3 added and [Sx] v8 updated. Firmware string remains the same as above, all that changes is the published date from 30/8/09 to 4/9/09.

CW

chunkywizard
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
MyStuff6 is out! Note Option2 (for MyStuff users) has been updated to also patch Cp and Sl which allow extra functionality in MyStuff6.

CW

Aiadi
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jul 2009 Posts: 105
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I couldn't find an answer.
I have only installed the most recent Recommended Firmware for MyStuff users but noticed the following patches added to toppy's recommended one:

Cw Fm Ot Td Vr Xl

These extra patches are on top of the new well-publicised MyStuff patches (i.e: De, Re, Cp and Sl). My question is where did these extra patches mentioned above come from?

Also as a proud owner of a T8500t I would like to know whether the only difference between the recommended firmware for 8500 and 8500t is the SysID 456 [Sy] patch or whether there are any additional differences. Thanks in advance for your help clarifying these issues.

juwlz
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:04 am Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10804 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
See SimonC's patch decoder for what they are Wink.

Fm Vr and Xl aren't real patches. They denote the presence of FontManager, the "T" in the firmware version and the aXel startup accelerator, respectively.

Fm is because you chose to add FontManager in the installation, Vr is just because you updated to the recommended firmware, Xl is because the firmware updates adds aXel by default.

Ot prevents spurious OTA updates that have nothing to do with the Toppy from confusing it.

I'm pretty sure that Td is now included in the standard recommended firmware.

I guess the short answer to your question is that the vanilla recommended firmware has been updated Wink.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012
Aiadi
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 17 Jul 2009 Posts: 105
Thanks Julie for clarifying this.

chunkywizard
Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quote
If you are basing the patches added by the output of MyInfo then you'll be glad to know I have fixed an error in the MyINfo.ini which was incorrectly specifying the Recommended Firmware. If you update the MyINfo.ini and run MyInfo again then you will now see the correct output!

HTH

CW

Veester
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Neither the manual firmware update of http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/Firmware/Recommended_5800.tfd through TFDN USB nor the Topy Firmware Installer http://www.toppy.org.uk/~chunkywizard/TAPDownload/ToppyFirmwareLoader.zip are working for me. The manual update does not indicate a download when I restart the box and the firmware installer works until it tries to write to flash at which point I get error Axel Cannot write to flash. I've been having a lot of problems with the Toppy (5800) for several weeks now, with channels dropping out and needing to rescan before picking them up again (and sometimes only picking up 30 or 40 of the 75 TV channels - missing most of the ITV and Ch4/E4 etc). I thought it might be due to the imminent mandatory rescan, but it could just be that the box is too old (bought in 2005) and has had it. Could anyone advise, before I go out and buy a replacement and find that it does the same thing?
juwlz
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10804 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
Depends on how bad things have got. You may still be able to rescue it with a fiver's worth of capacitors, a soldering iron and a multimeter. See the (lengthy) PSU Repair thread, taking note of death hazards.

Also note that the general advice is to switch it off at the plug NOW, before something suddenly goes bad in a big way, as the problems are generally cumulative, and repair becomes more expensive the longer you leave it to trash more parts of the Toppy.

Julie

anothergo
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 05 Feb 2008 Posts: 83
[I thought it might be due to the imminent mandatory rescan, but it could just be that the box is too old (bought in 2005) and has had it. Could anyone advise, before I go out and buy a replacement and find that it does the same thing?[/quote]

I live in the Mendip transmitter area and also have an imminent mandatory rescan. I installed Mystuff 6 on my 5810 and it worked fine until a few days ago when I started getting the message about the rescan and now is causing problems. I wonder if this is related?
aramil
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
anothergo wrote:
I started getting the message about the rescan and now is causing problems. I wonder if this is related?

I know that in the Granada region work has started early and (mainly late at night/early morning) some mux's are very irratic.

Fred F.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 03 Sep 2009 Posts: 339 Location: U.K. [Stockland Hill / Mendip]
Hello Another

The 'Black Box' message about next week's re-scan is being 'broadcast' via the interactive service, and is quite normal.

You can prevent it form displaying by turning off 'interactive' in the Native Menu.

After next week's re-shuffle, you shouldn't expect any major changes on Mendip before next Spring - except for intermittent Engineering which can take place at any time of course.

Are you having some other problems?

Best

Fred F
[Not far away!]

TF5800t, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009

TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.5; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MyInfo B5.6;

Sig generated by MyInfo on 3/3/14
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
anothergo wrote:
I started getting the message about the rescan and now is causing problems

What manner of problems?

anothergo
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:49 am Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
anothergo wrote:
I started getting the message about the rescan and now is causing problems

What manner of problems?

The main problem I have is that I install Mystuff 6 and it worked fine until to box started to appear and now the EPG stopped working. I reinstalled Mystuff 5.6c where the EPG works on some channels but not all. I'm not sure if the issues are related or if its just one of those things.
juwlz
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:18 am Reply with quote
anothergo wrote:
The main problem I have is that I install Mystuff 6 and it worked fine until to box started to appear and now the EPG stopped working. I reinstalled Mystuff 5.6c where the EPG works on some channels but not all. I'm not sure if the issues are related or if its just one of those things.
When you say "stopped working", what - exactly - do you mean?
- refuses to respond to the Guide button at all?
- draws EPG screen, but doesn't fill in any data?
- data for some channels shows No Info?
- EPG info is only available for a short period (e.g. today / tomorrow), but not after that?
- some other form of "not working" that I haven't thought of?

Does this "not working" occur all the time, or only while the black message box is visible, or only just after you've dismissed it?

As alluded to, one way round it would be to turn off Interactive Services on the Toppy main menu, and then you won't get the message at all.

Julie

anothergo
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
juwlz wrote:
anothergo wrote:
When you say "stopped working", what - exactly - do you mean?
- refuses to respond to the Guide button at all?
- draws EPG screen, but doesn't fill in any data?
- data for some channels shows No Info?
- EPG info is only available for a short period (e.g. today / tomorrow), but not after that?
- some other form of "not working" that I haven't thought of?

Does this "not working" occur all the time, or only while the black message box is visible, or only just after you've dismissed it?

As alluded to, one way round it would be to turn off Interactive Services on the Toppy main menu, and then you won't get the message at all.

Julie

Hi Julie, thank you for your patients as always, I've now managed to get the EPG working from help from you and others on another thread Very Happy

It was just that both things happened at the same time.