Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  Firmwares, enhancements and upgrades  ~  August firmware update now available for download

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
s7uar7
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 30 Mar 2005 Posts: 196 Location: Chalfont St Giles
I find that if I get the 'four dashes' problem, reseting it via the mains usually cures it.
HydeTheDarkerSide
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 11 May 2005 Posts: 5956 Location: Hannington Transmitter : Sony KDL 40Z5800
I would suggest a full power down... switch to standby, and then turn the power off at the mains. Wait around 30 seconds or so, reapply power and then bring the Toppy out of standby.

There are other reasons, although not established yet, that cause the Toppy to enter a state where the C.456 and run commands are not shown on switching the Toppy out of standby.

A full power cycle appears to resolve this.

[color=blue:da1fd20a33]MyStuff Links: http://www.toppy.org.uk/~mystuff/index.shtml[/color:da1fd20a33]
Sig generated by MyInfo on 11/10/13[/size:da1fd20a33]
Attar
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:09 am Reply with quote
Many thanks to "s7uar7" and "HydeTheDarkerSide" for their prompt replies.

The solution was a simple as it was effective!

All works well after the power down and Jags EPG is recording happily?

Thanks again!
Attar
blackrat62
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Regular contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 25
I have tried to download the update without success - the May one went without hitch - so I know I can do it!

I follow the guide:

I confirm USB connection via Altair -shows all files and is connected. Close Altair.

I switch the toppy into standby using the button on the machine.

Then I bring up the TFDN USB program and get the (unziped) .tfd file into the file name box, click download (box 'greys out') then switch on the box (tried both the button on box and remote) and C456 comes up every time.

Result: no download.

Am I doing something stupid I didn't do for the last download?

I have tried a 'power reset' without success.
charley
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
Has your USB connection changed in any way, longer leads, different PC or USB port.
Have a look at this thread don't know if the XP USB 1.1 solution might help.

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
blackrat62
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote
No - exactly the same as the last download.

Also, Altair works fine so the USB connection seems OK (and the download was OK before as I said.

I can transfer recordings fine with this setup - and obviously they are much bigger files.
charley
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1563 Location: Belfast
Nigel in the other thread could transfer files OK with Altair and USB2.0 but could not firmware upgrade until he set his USB to 1.1, I thought it might be worth a try.

Toppy: TF5800PVR250GB &300GB;Firmware: ; Remote: Harmony 655; Tx:Divis; Autostart TAPs: MEISearch 1.35, MyStuff 6, AutoReboot V2.2, epg2mei, Power Manager v2.0, TAP Commander 1.2, TF5000 Display v1.50, MHEG_State; Other:
blackrat62
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quote
Charley,

Thanks for that - worked right away. Weird that I need to use USB 1.0. Very Happy

Damn those computers - it told me that it would work better with a USB2.0 connector - such a liar!! Wink
kjc20002003
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quote
Attar wrote:
Many thanks to "s7uar7" and "HydeTheDarkerSide" for their prompt replies.

The solution was a simple as it was effective!

All works well after the power down and Jags EPG is recording happily?

Thanks again!
Attar

I installed the August update about 7 days ago. Everything seemed to work fine - but yesterday when I turned the Toppy on, I couldnt change channel or get Jags EPG to work. I tried to shut down but everything just froze and I got the 4 little dots on the display. After 5 mins of this I switched off the power supply. I restarted and the same happened.
I connected my laptop and removed Jags EPG and restarded the Toppy everything worked OK - recorded two channels and watched a recording.
I then re-installed Jags EPG re-filled the guide and all looked to be fine until I tried a recording - everything locked up again.

Looks like my only solution is to remove Jags EPG...

Has anyone else had the same problem or knows of a solution...

Keith
nwhitfield
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 Mar 2005 Posts: 9579
Yes; lots of people. As noted on the site home page, the news page and in the Bugs area. Please use the thread in that part of the site to discuss the issue, which is not specifically related to the August firmware.

Nigel.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:23 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 May 2005 Posts: 251 Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
OOOOOOOOOH I so wanna scream!!!

Set my toppy to Record 'Lost' on E4 tonight and it failed leaving a 0Mb file. I thought this was supposed to be fixed?!?!?!?!?

Then I got the 'BBC problem' and I had to power cycle the box several times to recover. That cant be good for the hard disk.