Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  MyStuff  ~  EPG2MEI -- new event API?

Page 3 of 39
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
Aargh. Things that "stress" the Toppy (in terms of filling up the main task's problematic message buffer) include bringing up the MyStuff list of recordings, invoking a very simple TAP via the Command Console and changing channels. I think the common denominator there is ExitNormal()/EnterNormal().

Anyway, the [Pe] mechanism of preventing low-level messages being sent when the high-level buffer was starting to fill up doesn't seem to work at all really. Without putting a really stupid limit on the low-level buffer (which I haven't actually tried) it seems I can always overload the high-level buffer (or get really close) by just doing simple stuff. I really don't understand it because the monitor shows the low-level buffer never fills up much, but even in the presence of variants of [Pe] the high-level buffer continues to fill up. And when it does overflow it's only ever the specific EIT messages that I'm making [Pe] limit severely that get lost -- they shouldn't have been sent in the first place in this state. Confused

However, the massive disparity between buffer usages suddenly made me realise that it might be better to do [Pe]-style limiting on the high-level extraction of messages from the low-level buffer, rather than on the (low-level) sending of those messages. And first results of this approach seem really robust. (Yay!) This has the added benefit of requiring no changes to SecCache.

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Jun 2007 Posts: 221 Location: UK
Genius at work. Very Happy

TF5800 250GB 5.13.65+patches AutoStart: Power Restore 0.7.6, EIT Sub 0.6 SnG, SecCache (UK) 0.4, Extend 1.7, Info Viewer 1.9 DE, QuickJump 1.72, UK Auto Scheduler 0.73.1, EPGnavigator 6.1b (simonc/biggsd), Filer 2.21, TF5000Display 1.53a Other TAPs: Channel Manager 5.1, CutAds 1.3, FastScanGUI 0.6a, HDDInfo 2.3a, HDFW 2.4, JoinAds 1.3, Signal Monitor 0.53, SimpleCharEditor 3.09, Sudoku 1.5, TAP Commander 1.34, Testpatterns 1.2
aramil
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
Is there a LinguaPhone Pack where we can learn to speak R2?

SonicLife
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Posts: 1262
aramil wrote:
You need to patch your firmware 1st Very Happy

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's because the machine translations to English don't work so well? And the other way is a bit laughable, too.

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Posts: 3988 Location: Buckingham
aramil wrote:

Isn't that the one they call C3PO? Very Happy

R2-D2
Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Current state of play: EPG2MEI is now able to work with a limited set of LCNs, and reacts just to changes to the EIT data in the near future on those channels. The next steps are to finalise the mechanism for informing TAPs of these updates, add in merge support and automatic updates when the RT/external data changes, possibly integrate the replacement EIT collection stuff (currently a separate TAP), and tweak the file buffering.

Main issue at the moment is that there's nothing out there that supports the new update mechanism (of course). Smile

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
R2-D2 wrote:
Main issue at the moment is that there's nothing out there that supports the new update mechanism (of course). Smile

Time to start lobbying the MyStuff team methinks Twisted Evil

Glen.

R2-D2
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Update: some major changes to the (optional and probably Freeview-specific) name/description/year/episode name/number de-mangling, and major restructuring to separate collection and post-processing in order to be kinder to the Toppy (the smallest chunks that collection can be done in is by LCN, which varies a lot and can be a very large number of programmes). Merging with external data is now at the top of the ToDo list.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
First public test version of EPG2MEI. There's a readme.txt in there which should explain everything, but the important thing to point out is that this version TEMPORARILY allows you to specify the output file. Ultimately this will be fixed as EPG.mei, but since there are no TAPs out there that support this (or the API extensions) at the moment, you can choose the output file (e.g. Freeview.mei or MyStuff.mei). *Be careful to disable any TAP that might currently be generating that file.*

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 05 May 2005 Posts: 1472 Location: Cornwall
Thanks R2D2, just installed, will see how it goes.
Will post back any problem encountered (so i expect i wont be further posting Very Happy )

Transmitter: Caradon Hill
Popcorn Hour:
Runnig FTP Topfield: RT2MEI v1.1: Remote Timers
OTHER:Harmony 885 Remote
glenmcfar
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
So I deleted all my Freeview.mei, eit2mei.mei, and MyStuff.mei and rebooted my Toppy with EPG2MEI....

..and nothing.

What should I be doing?

Glen.

BobD
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
R2 if I install this, and get it to name the output file as Freeview.mei, will it:

a) Produce fully 6.0 compatible mei files (ie with the crid data)
b) Still produce the EPG_Changes files so that I can start work on loading that?

MyStuff skins, manual and latest version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk
Known bugs & forthcoming fixes: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/Bugs.shtml
Changes coming in the next version: http://www.BobDsMyStuff.co.uk/NextVersion.shtml
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
glenmcfar wrote:
What should I be doing?
Reading the readme.txt and twiddling your thumbs for about 5-10mins? This is your first ever run and that's about how long it takes the Toppy to gather the full EPG and settle down. Keep pulling back the EPG2MEI.log file to see what it's doing if you don't have serial port access.

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote
EPG2MEI: startup, initial wait to 5min uptime

Found the above in the log, but NOT in the readme! Wink

Glen.