Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  Closing Down

Page 1 of 1
BobD
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
Hi folks

How do I know that my TAP is closing when the Toppy shuts down. I have some state info that I want to save when my TAP closes. If I close it I can obviously do it, but if the Toppy does it (on Standby) how do I know?

Thanks
ROWANMOOR
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 31 Mar 2005 Posts: 741 Location: Redhill, Surrey
Unfortunatly I don't think it is possible. I did a quick test a while back to see if I could trap the power key (to make it a discreet 'Power On') but it seems the first thing that pressing power does is to close all TAPs without communicating with them first. There may be something I missed (I would like to know what it is if anyone can find it).

You certainly cant trap the power key in TAPs. What I didn't check was if there is any other call to TAP_EventHandler between pressing power and it closing the TAP. I presumed not as the first call when the key is pressed should be the EVT_KEY call - but it was an assumption.

I guess you would would have to resort to saving the state each time it changed, but depending what you are doing that could have quite a performance hit.

Toppy: TF5800pvrt Remote: Harmony 885
F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 -EpVr+CbCfCtDDsEgEmEvEzFpFsHsIMPePfPsScUUaUuUyVbVcVdWfZ
TAPs: SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; TAP Commander 1.34; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; MHEG Control B2.1; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; TF5000 Display v1.53; MyInfo B5.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 8/7/11
BobD
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 03 Aug 2005 Posts: 4218
Thanks ROWANMOOR

I will just have to detect the conditions under which I need to save as I am going along.

Cheers