Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  [Ev] EITValidMem

Page 1 of 1
R2-D2
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
[Ev] EITValidMem fixes the source of EIT corruption on 5.14.X/5.15.X, but the fix also applies to earlier firmwares (and other Toppy models, although there may be other places that need similar fixes on some of them).

As discussed in another thread, there is potential for the EIT processor to have the data it's using deallocated while it's using it, notably on the Freeview+ firmwares which do all sorts of things in reaction to the arrival of a new EIT event -- this can cause all sorts of problems, potentially corrupting stuff all over the place, but observable in corrupt timers and recording durations. I'm not sure that anything bad can actually happen on the 5.13.X firmwares, but the code (and fix) is the same.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 20 Jun 2006 Posts: 649 Location: Worcester, UK ; TX:Malvern Central
Many thanks sir

glenmcfar
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2006 Posts: 4519 Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Oh, oh, oh - should I try it, should I try it?

Glen.

andyrogers
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 07 Dec 2005 Posts: 814
Hi R2,

I have tried to apply this patch to 5.13.65 & found that this patch once installed will not let [Pf] V2 pr V3 not install afterwards when without [Ev] either install fine.

Should this happen?

Thanks

Andy

Firmware: 5.14.09 Patched
AutoStart Taps: MyStuff v5.52b, eit2mei beta 7.8m7, , Power Manager v1.2, Tap Commander v1.32, TF5000 Display v1.53a, Discription Extender v2.3, SDS 1.3b, QuickJump 1.72
Other Taps: Sudoka, mei2archive, mei2eit, snake, meisearch
R2-D2
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
andyrogers wrote:
I have tried to apply this patch to 5.13.65
I don't think it's really necessary for 5.13.65...
Quote:
will not let [Pf] V2 pr V3 not install afterwards
[Pf] V2 and V3 aren't really recommended and, with [Ab]+[He](V3) being the current way to do Accurate Bookmarking, [Pf] V1 is not particularly relevant any more.

There may be a new version of [Pf] in future once I can work out some current weirdness I'm seeing, but don't hold your breath. Smile