Click here to go to the forum index Click here for the home page

<  TAP and patch development  ~  Volume patches

Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
R2-D2
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
Bizman wrote:
Several posts here mention that Volume Boost [Vb] stops working after a factory reset, but I have been unable to find how to restore its functionality. Do I have to reinstall the tap?

The Toppy will return to 70% volume after a Factory Reset, so the boost won't be as loud. Either turn up the Toppy volume again or install [Vd] as well to prevent adjustments to the Toppy volume (except mute).

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 06 Apr 2010 Posts: 1707
Toppy volume was put back to maximum which is how it was set previously. I will try the Vd tap as suggested.

Other TAPs : FsCheck, Channel Organiser. PSU Caps 7/2/2011 Tx: Mendip. TV: Samsung (32"), NSLU2, STB: Labgear FV300. PC Acer Aspire One with Win7 Starter
scoobydooby
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2005 Posts: 518 Location: Broadstone,Dorset (Rowridge IOW Transmitter)
Not been around here for quite some time (years), sorry to come wading back in with a slight problem after being a non-contributor for such a long time, basically the Toppy very rarely plays up & doesn't need the support it used to.

The slight problem I have is that the volume keeps reducing down over time, I noticed that my old sig showed that I used to run the Vd (& Z) patch, so I want to reapply this.

I've downloaded both patches & reapplied them however only the Z patch appears to have been applied, that's according to Topmanager, also the volume control can be altered still so I guess that confirms it.

It's entirely possible I'm not applying it right as it's been a long time since I've patched up the stock f/w that comes bundled with MS downloads

Basically I've added both Vd & Z patches to both the Installer Folder 'Add' & also to the '458' folder & then ran FWload tap, what am I doing wrong please?

Edit, found the log file & I'm doing it right, however I'm seeing the below in the log

Displaying: '[Vd] VolumeDisable_03' : 'Being Added'
Displaying: '[Vd] VolumeDisable_03' : 'Not tested with this firmware'

(PS, Ignore my sig, I'll update it when the above is all sorted Wink )

TopTapper
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 29 Jan 2006 Posts: 225
Hi

scoobydooby wrote:
[Vd] VolumeDisable_03' : 'Not tested with this firmware

Afaik, FwLoad can't handle the Vb patch - no idea why but it's a lot smaller than usual. The HDFW tap does the job and can be used to create a base firmware that FwLoad can work with.

(Sorry sig tap list is well out-of-date at time of writing but the firmware is accurate)

scoobydooby
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 26 Jul 2005 Posts: 518 Location: Broadstone,Dorset (Rowridge IOW Transmitter)
TopTapper wrote:
Hi

scoobydooby wrote:
[Vd] VolumeDisable_03' : 'Not tested with this firmware

Afaik, FwLoad can't handle the Vb patch - no idea why but it's a lot smaller than usual. The HDFW tap does the job and can be used to create a base firmware that FwLoad can work with.

(Sorry sig tap list is well out-of-date at time of writing but the firmware is accurate)

Thanks for the quick reply, I was just about to post back to ay that I'd sorted it (in a round about fashion), basically I copied off the recommended firmware from the Toppy, ran it through the FWPatcher.exe, applied the Vd patch there & then copied the firmware back to the Toppy, all seems to work ok, hopefully no more resetting of the volume to a low level.

I'm not sure how the volume gets reset to a low level unless it's a bug as we use a one-for-all with volume punchthough to an AV amp, the standard toppy remote is tucked away & seldom used.

TopTapper
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
scoobydooby wrote:
I'm not sure how the volume gets reset to a low level

Children, pets, dust, ageing ...

Quote:
unless it's a bug

Oh.

Glad you're sorted -- for now Wink
scoobydooby
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Just looking through my updated sig, is there anything there in terms of TAP's or patches that I really should update or add for bugfixes or functionality?

(I said I'd not been around in a while Rolling Eyes )

TopTapper
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, I've only just realised - I completely misread your question -- you wanted Vd and I was talking about Vb.

The MyStuff recommended works well for many, beyond that it's a question of what you're after, perceived risk, etc. http://www.toppy.org.uk/~r2-d2/patches.html is the place to go.
juwlz
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 10801 Location: Wokingham, Berkshire (Hannington transmitter)
scoobydooby wrote:
Just looking through my updated sig, is there anything there in terms of TAP's or patches that I really should update or add for bugfixes or functionality?

TF5800t, TS On, F/W: MS6 Recommended F/W 12/9/2009 +Vd+Z
TAPs: EPG2MEI v0.96; MyStuff 6.6; Font Manager 1.0d; Extend v1.7; SecCache (UK) v0.4; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; MHEG On/Off A3; MyInfo B5.6;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 20/3/15
Looks fine to me.

Julie

Harmony 885 remote. Sig date 8 April 2012