Page 5 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
andyfras
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Jul 2005 Posts: 3457
R2-D2 wrote:
andyfras wrote:
I think so.
Well, can it be repaired using RecordingFixer (either way)? If it can then the data is there and the header is wonky -- otherwise it was broken before TSSaver got to it. If the former then the next thing to do is to chop it down to a few minutes and upload it somewhere for me to look at.

Sorry, it got deleted last night. If I get another, I will do as you suggest, but maybe Ra has fixed it anyway.

URC-7555 remote: TF5800 320GB 2.5", Recommended_5800.tfd + CfPePsScUUuWfZ
R2-D2
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Posts: 12148
andyfras wrote:
Sorry, it got deleted last night.
Just restore it from the MyStuff Recycle Bin then. Smile

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
andyfras wrote:
Sorry, it got deleted last night.
Just restore it from the MyStuff Recycle Bin then. Smile

The one I don't have enabled, you mean?

R2-D2
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:
The one I don't have enabled, you mean?
I was expecting nothing less. Razz If you manage to get another one then (even if it was from 5.12.25) I'd be happy to have a look at it.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
R2-D2 wrote:
If you manage to get another one then (even if it was from 5.12.25) I'd be happy to have a look at it.

I've been on 5.13.65 since it came out. You may be confusing me with Andy K.

R2-D2
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
andyfras wrote:
You may be confusing me with Andy K.
Embarassed I am! In that case I'm pretty sure 5.13.65 does the right thing and will have actually recorded both audio tracks, but I'm not ruling out more firmware bugs...

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote
MyStuff Team Joined: 13 May 2005 Posts: 9319 Location: Sindlesham, Berkshire Tx: Hannington
LOL. Just worked out something. I have had this loaded for a couple of days now and hadn't thought I'd used it yet. This morning I found half of I'm a Celebrity in the top level of my Archive and it puzzled me why. Now I realise that I paused it in the middle and this was TSSaver doing its job! It was only half of it because I was watching live and not recording (due to a MS6 crash - but that's another story!)

CW

humphrey1
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 25 Feb 2006 Posts: 205 Location: Hannington
R2-D2 wrote:
No worries -- I think it's just [Tf], which required another small change anyway.

TSSaver v0.5 adds compatibility with [Tf].
Splendid, thanks. Will install tonight.

TAPs: Control Lock V1.1; EIT Sub (Game) v0.6; EPG2MEI v0.96; Extend v1.7; Font Manager 1.0d; MyInfo B5.6; QuickJump 1.72; MyStuff 6.4; SecCache (UK) v0.4; Surfer v0.14; TF5000 Display v1.43; TSSaver v0.5;
Sig generated by MyInfo on 17/1/13
?
harrismail
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Aug 2006 Posts: 395 Location: Warwickshire
Just installed ts 0.5 and set an instant record on BBC1 (Football Focus) and then scheduled another programme to start recording 10 minutes later, I then created a 2 minute buffer on another channel.

The second programme started recording OK but without pre-padding so it started at 12.30 and not 12.28?

This was with current versions of He Ab and Extend 1.5 installed as well on 1365.

One other tiny thing - the subsequent buffer that was saved to disk didn't become visible to MyStuff until a reload of data.

Steve
R2-D2
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
harrismail wrote:
The second programme started recording OK but without pre-padding so it started at 12.30 and not 12.28?
Are you thinking that's a TSSaver problem? I'd say it was the TAP that set the timer.
Quote:
This was with current versions of He Ab and Extend 1.5 installed as well on 1365.
Not using [Kt]? It's pretty much mandatory.
Quote:
the subsequent buffer that was saved to disk didn't become visible to MyStuff until a reload of data.
Again, that's down to MyStuff (and your MyStuff settings... P1 most likely).

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jul 2006 Posts: 584 Location: Fife, Scotland
harrismail wrote:

One other tiny thing - the subsequent buffer that was saved to disk didn't become visible to MyStuff until a reload of data.

Steve

Try changing the mystuff option P1 exclusive mode.

• Connected via Buffalo Linkstation Live 2TB
harrismail
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Sorry R2 - Kt was patched! I forgot to say - and of course... you were right... the reason for the 2 minute "loss" was that because I was testing I did an instant record for one programme and then scheduled a second programme to follow on another channel - forgetting that in this scenario MyStuff adjusts the second timer !!!!

This wouldn't have happened with 2 future scheduled recordings Embarassed

Thanks also for the advice on the MS settings although I changed the P1 setting to "On" but the archive still needed manually refreshing in order to see the new save.

Now if only you could make a patch to save the buffer and the rest of the programme Cool as when you lose the buffer to a second recording you still might miss the end of the buffered programme, but that of course is impossible Laughing

All in all, another essential TAP.

Steve
harrismail
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Addendum:

Just was watching Sky Sports News when a single scheduled recording started on E4. The screen flashed black momentarily as the recording started and then the buffer that had accumulated for Sky Sports News was gone! I was watching SSN live if that makes any difference!

Just tried this another couple of times and it seems this combination of channels (watching and scheduled recording) does this every time.

This was with all mandatory time shift patches on 1365.

Any ideas?

Steve
Andy K
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Frequent contributor Joined: 14 Jun 2005 Posts: 3520
that is interesting. maybe R2 has more work to do !

or course the TAP shouldn't save the buffer if your live, however I thought the patch should prevent it being lost
harrismail
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
R2 in case this helps... I just tried the same sequence of events but this time without He, Ab, and Extend but with Kt and TSSaver and the buffer remained intact at the start of the recording on E4 whilst watching Sky Sports News.

Steve